PDA

View Full Version : Read up on 1Lt. and his actions.

BrendenF11
02-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Interesting read up on decisions done on the battlefield by a 1Lt. Lorance. Politics are interesting in an asymmetrical warfare, and typically tie the hands up of those who are boots on ground and have to go out into the shit each day.

While I was in Iraq, we had a change in policy for our convoy ops. Share the road. General protection of a convoy, we had a small amount of gun trucks to protect the convoy which limited our capabilities to deal with threats, was to keep all local populations vehicles away from the convoy from front to back. Share the road policy meant that the local population could go where ever they wanted, swerve in and out of our convoy drive right along side etc. It hampered out efforts to protect the convoy in general, when we followed the rule which was not very often.

http://www.defendoursoldier.com/About-the-Case.aspx

I think it's BS for this 1Lt. to be in any sort of trouble. I understand the militaries position, I certainly disagree with it though. Thoughts?

gimilspec
02-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah, no. As someone involved with this, I'd suggest you put your support behind someone worth defending.