PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys like the watermark as it is now?

JJ
02-02-2013, 12:27 AM
A watermark has been added to the site, which should be viewable for all video/image uploads. How do you guys like it? Do you feel like there should be any changes? As it stands now the watermark is relatively small, and also see through so that watch-ability is not limited.

Benda
02-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Looking great mate, thanks for adding this..

Probably a silly question but is the font used for the .com the same as the rest?
Just thought the M looked somehow different, or skinny perhaps??

JJ
02-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Yea the 'M' does look marginally different. Not sure why, I guess it's just how it was processed. I'll ask developer

serpa6
02-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Awesome Job there boss

shatto
02-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Watermarks, network logos in TV, scroll lines at the bottom of TV news;
anything that distracts or blocks part of the picture is an irritation,
a bother and often cuts-off part of the story the picture tells.

"Cuts-off part of the story the picture tells" might be the thing to
be most concerned about.

JJ
02-06-2013, 02:48 AM
True, but the watermarks that we have on our videos are quite small, and also 'half' see-through. I don't think it really restricts anything to bad. Water-marks may be annoying, but they are also a necessity for any video-network really. If someone steals videos from AC without attribution (like in the past) that is bad. Now if people do steal videos, they will know where it originated from. A simple watermark encourages growth and progress to a site like ours. I think the benefits from that far out-weight the negatives. I agree with that you're saying though, any watermark that restricts a viewers experience is bad. That is why we have been so careful :)