PDA

View Full Version : Video: Reactive armor

Mel
01-20-2013, 07:21 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/640_25212.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2363) Arena active protection armor in slow motion.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=2363)

kiwi68
01-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Great idea, but why no film of the aftermath of those panels protecting the tank ?

veritas44
01-21-2013, 02:58 AM
Know we just built a projectile that breaks into three sections after its fired. the first to take the reactive armour, the second to defeat the armour and the third to reck havick inside the tank.

Or you just built an explosive projectile that when it is detonated by the reactive armour causes a pressure wave that it makes soup of whatever is in the tank

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-21-2013, 03:32 AM
Nice to say this worked but it was in laboratory settings and the tank had three huge sheets of something laying next to tank. Also because of laboratory settings how do we know this wasn't a trick were they figure the distance the projectile is from reactive armour and figure time it will take to travel that distance so they can then just set off a timer to activate the reactive armour to detonate right towards the spot were they previously figured the projectile will be. I saw nothing for all we know that post on top of tank could be just for show and does nothing and the reactive armour was detonated like I said before. Sneaky russisns trying to still make countries fear their superior armour when just like after cold war we found out their superior armour are death traps but not for us their enemies but for their own soldiers. :USA: :evilgrin: :USA:

MadeInRu
01-21-2013, 04:38 AM
It's not a reactive armor, it's a defense system called "Arena". They explained why they've put that pice of steel there, it was to protect the system as it's still in development phase and expensive. And damaging it while for a simple TV show is rather not wise.

gutro
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
I've heard of this before, and to be honest, I don't think it was the Russians that are the first to develop it (I could be wrong though). US tests their systems in the same conditions... Why risk ruining a perfectly good tank and the system you're building if the test fails? At least this way, if it fails, you can examine why it failed and try to correct the system rather than losing the whole project.
Example being F-35.... it's not in theater yet, but all the testing started in a lab on the ground. then they moved to flight tests, and so on... baby steps boys... baby steps.

MadeInRu
01-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, it was developed in the 80s, now there is a better version. It costs about 300k a piece so yeah, breaking it on tests is rather expensive.

@ LetsTripAndDie
Since you were so butthurt :D, here is a link of it being used on the moving tank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ9JPTVDFeg

Clodius
01-21-2013, 08:38 PM
Russkies have some awesome gear.

serpa6
01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
And that is why we have javelin top attack. :D What do you have to say to that Commie (MIR) :D

LOL JK MIR is my favorite RED :thumbup:

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-22-2013, 06:56 AM
LOL give me a second while my butthurt stops :) but first the title of video says reactive armour so thats why I called it such. Secondly I was saying there are so many variables that the system must survive to be excepted to function in the way it's intended that these little tests for tv shows are pointless like you guys were saying imagine if they destroyed the protective armour system just for a tv shows ratings. Just do the testing and let the first person to see it in action also be the last if you catch my drift lol. About the laboratory settings, I meantioned that to show how some countries make a staged event for other countries to think they have something they don't, or to a lesser degreethat they actually do have something but it's cost would prohibit it from large scale use. Like China, Iran, or Russia of course which all have done these to misguide others. :evilgrin:

IpoopThere4IAM
01-24-2013, 03:35 AM
That is astounding. It should be hard enough to just track the incoming projectile, but to eject & detonate a directional charge to destroy it? Incredible. Nice Upload.

MadeInRu
01-24-2013, 06:53 AM
LOL give me a second while my butthurt stops :) but first the title of video says reactive armour so thats why I called it such. Secondly I was saying there are so many variables that the system must survive to be excepted to function in the way it's intended that these little tests for tv shows are pointless like you guys were saying imagine if they destroyed the protective armour system just for a tv shows ratings. Just do the testing and let the first person to see it in action also be the last if you catch my drift lol. About the laboratory settings, I meantioned that to show how some countries make a staged event for other countries to think they have something they don't, or to a lesser degreethat they actually do have something but it's cost would prohibit it from large scale use. Like China, Iran, or Russia of course which all have done these to misguide others. :evilgrin:

You're butthurt because think that they try to prove that this system is 100% fail-safe. It's not and no one expects it to be. Its an additional layer of defense on top of other things.
Some countries make staged event? Well, and how do they test it in US, Netherlands or Spain for example? Do they build something, send it to war and wait and see what's going to happen? What kind of bullcrap are you saying?
All military equipment is being tested this way all over the world.

Whole NATO block does exactly what Russia or China does - They need to sell weapons.

MaxPower
01-25-2013, 08:43 AM
A hardkill system... nothing more... nothing less

ChapaWolf
06-27-2013, 01:28 AM
I think what LetsTripOutAndDie's talking about is propaganda :). I saw about a thousand (russian) videos on you tube where helicopters are shooting all sorts of weapons but no footage of hits and if there were hits in the video the helicopter would be seen firing, then seemingly a different place and different day was shown where the certain weapon blew up. All countries are guilty of this like the USA and the satellite blaster missile deal. Nice video Mel always nice to see the tests.