PDA

View Full Version : *Jan 18th Site update- big fixes, execution videos*

JJ
01-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Hello Apaches! I have two updates for everyone :freakout:

Update 1:
Over the past few days we have been working with a development company to fix some of the issues/bugs on the site. We are fairly confident that the following issues have been fixed:

1. Upload server no longer crashes
2. .mp4 uploads are now working
3. Users no longer get automatically logged out
4. No more multiple comments on posts.

If you DO happen to see any of these errors in the future, be sure to send us a message and we'll let our developers know.

Update 2:

The "Execution videos on site?" poll results are in.

Results:
1. I am in favour of allowing execution videos. 40.48%
2. I am NOT in favour of allowing execution videos. 28.57%
3. Yes, as long as they are not featured. 30.95%

Fairly close poll but remember, options 1, and 3 are related. Options 1 & 3 = allowed on site. Options 2 = not allowed. This means; 70% are okay with having them on site, and 30% aren't.

This is what we're going to do. Execution videos will be allowed on the site BUT; never featured. Additionally all execution videos MUST clearly say in title (at the start) "WARNING EXECUTION-".
Example:
Incorrect: Assad soldier executed
Correct: WARNING EXECUTION-assad soldier

Additionally. Execution videos of allied forces are not allowed, unless from WW2.

Taliban executes american soldier
Al Qaeda executes British citizen

Mexican drug lord executed
Syrian rebel executed
Pro Assad soldier executed
World War Two-French marine executed by Germans

I read everyones opinions on the poll thread, and feel like this is what the community wants.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

We are continuing to work with a development company to upgrade AC. In the meantime support the site by posting / watching videos, and discussing topics in the forums.
-JJ :USA:

USARMY999
01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
JJ Ur awesome man :)

Benda
01-18-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the rolling updates mate, also for the work being done to restore the page.

The beer's on me this round!

BrendenF11
01-18-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the rolling updates mate, also for the work being done to restore the page.

The beer's on me this round!

If I come to Aussieland can I hold you to that?

Good choice as far as my opinion goes on the execution videos! Particularely in regard to the Western forces/civilians viewing. I've never taken this site as a gore site in general, always a pro western force website and thank you for keeping with that tradition JJ.

serpa6
01-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks JJ for the poll and the hard work I don't drink but i can pay for a whore for yah :lol::D
Also thanks for making it clear on the Execution vids It has been very hard for the staff, to define what the site could show on this topic and thank you to all the members, who participated in the poll and gave there thoughts on the topic

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-19-2013, 12:07 AM
Thanks JJ for all you and the team has accomplished with updates, bugs, glitches, and new rules for videos. You all deserve a pat on the back and a beer or a strong drink, whichever you prefer. Keep on keepin on guys and this site will always be the best military shock and awe site there is. Thanks again LetsTripOutAndDie :USA: :D :USA:

SgtJim
01-19-2013, 06:00 AM
thx for the hard works JJ, and keeping the site updated/fixed

and f**K Y** guys :fu:! You said everything above what i want to say too :D (Benda,Brenden,Serpa,Letstrip)

:thumbsup:

GlenUK
01-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Great work jj. keep it up m8y

Mel
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Good job JJ,Your certainly getting after it. :thumbsup:
One question for ya...Are you still planing on going back to the old green page?

joel
01-20-2013, 07:52 AM
top notch work j.j we should see it all that way we wont miss them when isreal and usa nuke the whole region

Razboj
01-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Good job JJ,Your certainly getting after it. :thumbsup:
One question for ya...Are you still planing on going back to the old green page?

yeah, i also think good old green page was cool, i miss it. :)

RealDealSealed
01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Love this site!