PDA

View Full Version : POLL Execution Videos on site?

JJ
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Are you in favour of allowing execution videos on the site? There has been some different opinions on this. These execution videos may be from many forces including FSA rebels, Assad army, Etc. Please vote, and voice your opinions. Personally I am not in favour, but let the community decide. If we do decide to allow these videos, they may be regulated.

cilerc
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
I am not in favor of it being featured on the home page, I think it is very odd to want to see people that you don't hate nor love being killed by being stabbed, but that does not mean that there are people that don't want to see it, the best thing is to allow it to be uploaded but not featured on the home page in opinion.

ErisKillton
01-12-2013, 10:03 PM
According to the standing rules, executions are not allowed if they promote "terrorist activities".

My take on this is this; We are a military based website...war,or military actions, are a central topic , right now there happens to be a few different wars going on in the world, and many wars that have happened in the past. I will take Syria for example because a few of our features have lately been of executions from Syria. Is this considered "promoting terrorist organizations"? Maybe it depends on what side you support? Does it depend on the level of gore/violence?

Where should we draw the line?
Are we showing uncensored news about war in general? Or are we crossing a line by showing live executions period?

In the past we have shown graphic vids depicting violent executions from the war on drugs in central america. Were those ok? Is it ok that we show execution videos of known enemies to our known enemies of our own united allies? (lol wut? I think I meant known enemies to our own allied forces but...IDK)

Should we be a site that shows war in all its bloody forms? Would that be turning in the direction of leaning towards a gore based site?

Is it ok to show the execution of WW2 victims but not any current executions?

Or do you think they are all inappropriate for the AC you want?

Remember that this is YOUR AC. We want to make YOU happy.

Please please voice your opinions. So we can make the rules more defined.
Thanks,
Eris.

*edit- this is perhaps the worst post I've ever made grammatically. I hope everyone understood what I wrote because looking at it now there are parts I don't even understand. I've tried to correct it. Forgive me. I shouldn't post right before I go to bed without spell check.

bgbllbffr
01-13-2013, 03:58 AM
I think its the duty of a military based site to show all aspects of war. Weather Your into watching executions or not, You should still have the opportunity to do so. However I dont believe these videos should be posted on Our front page, making Us look like a Rotten.com. site to potential members. Personally I Havent watched the video of the FSA guy gettn stabbed by the Assad guy, because I know that its one of those kind of videos that will disturb Me, leaving Me angry & sometimes even depressed .Most people like Me,I think probably feel the same way about torture videos also. But either way Iam glad to have the opportunity to watch these videos on Our site If I choose to do so. I have also wonderd about what is considerd "promo of terrorist" videos when We have many contradicting themes with the Assad/Fsa videos & how about the many WW2 videos that have been filmed from both sides of the line? If We no longer have troops in Iraq, to film alot of stuff going on, does that mean we cant view or upload videos coming out of there any more. Maybe a little clarity on that would be great to. Here is an example -- http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=770_1357947766 - Is this a yes or a no,thanks alot

LetsTripOutAndDie
01-13-2013, 04:07 AM
I believe they should be allowed on the site but not featured. Featuring them shouldn't be done because to me that denotes support for that organizations cause. Showing the video must be done though in my opinion to show people what actually happens in a conflict or war and as a record of the event for the future.

JJ
01-13-2013, 04:29 AM
Bgbllbggr; we'll see how the polls goes, there may be a rule change. I will give more clarity in the future after poll. As for the link you showed me, that wouldn't be allowed on the site, since it's pretty much a straight up terrorist video. Best thing to do if you're not sure.....upload. If it gets approved then there you go, if it doesn't, then no harm done. Make sure to always give good titles/descriptions/context so we can do our jobs easier. :) Thanks for your input.

Clodius
01-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Agree with above. Show the world for what it is, just don't flaunt it. The warning splash page idea is a sound plan IMO.

laxaddict992
01-13-2013, 12:22 PM
I still remember that one of the drug cartel member chainsawing a guys head off and I think that was too fucking far.

Dagger64
01-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Really tough call. What is or is not propaganda? Is the site spreading a particular message (i.e. the originators video intent)? Im in the Number 3 block. Show it but never featured. ALSO make it mandatory that all group messages be edited. (intro flags and powerpoints including music) And its the uploaders job to do the editing. Just show the video.

rocky5544
01-13-2013, 01:50 PM
This is not a gore site, but it is quickly heading in that direction. Yes, executions are a part of war, but it takes a sick mind to want to sit there and watch two men get stabbed to death. I know it exists, do not have to watch it to confirm it exists.

But at the same time, we all know the sick minds exist on here and on every site. They want to see the videos that go past war and display the inhumanity of man and true suffering. The site will have to decide whether or not accomodate them. I would suggest that a different page be set up for the most disguting of videos designed to placate those who love death. Let the rest of us come here for videos that are not gore.

chiga619
01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Executions are part of war, every nation, race, religion and creed in history have partaken in the brutal practice or at the very least have been victim of it. I think the remedy is quite simple. Have an "execution" disclaimer or "graphic" disclaimer clearly and prominently posted on the video title, for those that don't want to watch it for whatever your reasons, don't (no one is forcing you to push the "play" button). The rest of us in AC who wish to view the brutality of humanity to further understand the evil that walks amongst us shouldn't be forced to leave here and view this kind of material on the "other" sites just because we have fellow members who have fragile feelings and sensitivities. I never understood the argument "I don't like that, so I feel that NO ONE else should like it either" how arrogantly condescending is that?

TangoMango
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM
May I recommend another thread for stuff like that? A no holds barred thread that the faint of heart dont have to open.

MadeInRu
01-13-2013, 07:44 PM
NO! Executions are not military stuff. You like to see how we're being treated after we're dead? Link is below.... What are executions today? 99.9% are coming from Mexican drug cartels or Islamic nuts.... Do we need it?

It's in Russian, but just pres play on the video.

http://video.xoxma.net/r/190/

kopite
01-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I am not from the military i am a human being this site promotes all conflict british american blowing people up which i like lol there is such a thing as humanity, children women and a fucking bloodthirsty craving for realism that isnt nice but for all your should we show it or not we are all here for a reason there is sites called the ync bloodshows etc i rather would see the evil and hate it rather than not see it and wonder if everythings perfect but keep the vids coming of these evil bastards getting there judge jury and executioner iv been kopite and im real goodnite a.c

Mel
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Damn MIR....He gutted that guy as fast as I gut a deer. :eusa_shifty:

BrendenF11
01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
War is, tried to think of a cruel word but I can't come up with one, cruel. War is not objective in it's content or what person actually gets to see the reality of it. Executions are a reality of any given conflict in the world, at any given moment of history. While they are not to be glorified and revered as a piece of propoganda, they are a real piece of our history, past, present, and future.

I don't think they should be featured, and given the nature of the event of an execution could possibly have their own section? A specific tab, which then shows a full page warning and the expressed intent of why the content is there. The moderators that are here are good in their judgement, and make valid choices on each video submitted. If a video is blatant propoganda, I don't think it should be shown, if it is essentially a documentation of why something was done and how it was done it would seem fairly legitimate to post it. As long as it's followed by 5 videos of FLIR footage from some apaches taking out some muj or haji scum :D .

The point being glorifying and pronouncing the gore of the video should not be the point, mearly an accurate represetation of what war really is. Thanks for letting everyone here inject their input, and these have all been good responses.

(No US or western allies executions would be my humble opinion, I don't wanna see someone I might know getting it like that. I can find it on the net some where if I want to see it.)

USARMY999
01-14-2013, 03:46 PM
this is a war site we need to see everything thats happening in these war zones including executions :)

ComandanteFSLN
01-15-2013, 03:56 AM
War is war, there will never be a way around it, if I wanted to go and watch censored media I would turn on any news network. These videos should be posted everywhere for people to see, maybe then there would be more people involved in trying to end these wars. The regular Joe out there cant even point to where Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya or Syria are located on a map, people are desensitized to war due to the lack of exposure to it.

phacekillah
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
There is a crucial normative aspect to what should or should not be permissible. Even clear-cut rules can have interesting "gray areas" when new and diverse situations arise. Such is the case with Syria. How are we to apply rigid rules in a dynamic world? I believe (simply an opinion) it should be up to the viewer to decide what he/she wants to see. Many may object to this. I think the solution is simple. Videos need to be clearly predicated based on content, which as far as I am aware they are. If a video is of an execution, it needs to say so. If the video contains content some may find disturbing, the description needs to reflect this. Then, it is up to the viewer whether or not to view it. I believe it's that simple. I also want to say that I think apache clips is doing a great job of this already. If there's demand and supply, let it ride.

Tow Launcher
10-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Personally speaking, I love watching active enemy combatants being taken down in legitimate military operations, as I get a kick out of waching the technology in action as well as seeing murdering scumbags being turned into plant fertilizer but I do not get a kick out of seeing helpless, defeated individuals being killed just for the sake of it. Think about it people.... The very acts of terrorism that led to this shit kicking off in the first place were senseless murders for.... what - exactly? Because a shitload of arseholes who follow one religeon think they're better than everyone else - even on their own soil! No, let me watch the military do their thing but spare me death for the sake of nothing else other than death. That's my vote!

ChapaWolf
10-17-2014, 11:15 PM
NO! Executions are not military stuff. You like to see how we're being treated after we're dead? Link is below.... What are executions today? 99.9% are coming from Mexican drug cartels or Islamic nuts.... Do we need it?

It's in Russian, but just pres play on the video.

http://video.xoxma.net/r/190/

Wow that video is something I have never seen before. Gutted like a fish! I wonder if dude takes his knives home with him.

jimbo02816
10-29-2014, 07:08 PM
If it's a major terrorist or some notorious individual that did horrible things, then yes. Otherwise, no. Not good for your mental health watching that shit