PDA

View Full Version : Operation Red Wing ambush video?

Oolong Johnson
12-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Does anyone have the video of the Operation Red Wing video of the Taliban ambush on the 4 Navy seals? I never seen it and I heard there was one.

Sixx
12-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Does anyone have the video of the Operation Red Wing video of the Taliban ambush on the 4 Navy seals? I never seen it and I heard there was one.

This one? (Warning: Graphic propaganda with KIA Servicemen)
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c62091316c

Man, I hate those videos :(

cilerc
12-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Watching that video makes my blood boil, i have no words right now i cant think right with all this anger built up inside and cant release it the way i want to.

SATX
12-22-2012, 08:44 PM
That was strictly a numbers issue. I would be willing to bet the house that more than 3 Taliban lives were exchanged taking those 3 SEALS down.

Just a question, not pointing fingers or getting pissy, but I thought that AC had a policy about not posting links to crap like that due to some goat f'ers getting on here and posting same. Am I totally off base? It might just be me getting the forum rules wrong for the various sites I am a member of.....

But it's a good opportunity to take to thank all those that serve, have served, and those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. I am honored by your service.:USA:

gew98
12-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Wonder how many if any of those goat herder pedophiles are still breathing ?. You would think there would be a way some of that equipment would be traceable if turned on. In any event I hope they tracked them and put them all down.

Dubmonkey
03-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Lone Survivor is the first hand account about the 4th Navy Seal, Marcus Luttrell, who survived and escaped with the help from a nearby village. It's a great read if you haven't read it yet. I -Highly- recommend it.

coltsfan2007
03-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes, Lone Survivor was an awesome book. I could not put it down. What a tragedy. :(

MOOSE-LSSU
03-02-2013, 01:19 PM
There is a second book that details an operation by USMC to kick the ass out of the very same Taliban leader in "Lone Survivor". The name of the book is "Victory Pointe" and the name of the operation was operation whalers (another hockey themed name like red wings). Some payback is the next best thing since we sadly can't bring those SEALS back. Great book.

thomasjkelley
03-09-2013, 02:12 AM
Yes, I advise anybody who thinks that he or she wants to see this video to think twice before pressing the play button. Particularly if you're an American or ally. It will hurt your heart something fierce. For months, it was hard to stop myself from thinking about four of our finest young men, stuck up on that mountain, engaging 80-120 well trained insurgents in a firefight all by themselves. Having a brother deployed in the same theatre of combat likely added to my difficulties with the video. I wish I hadn't watched it. You will see our boys dead & desecrated & it's not for the feint of heart. There was a moment when the insurgents yelled out to the SEALs, in english, that if they surrendered, they would not be killed & would receive humane treatment. They received an immediate answer of return gunfire. Most accounts of the battle estimate between 35-50 insurgents were killed by Matthew Axelson, Danny Dietz, Marcus Luttrell, and their fearless leader Lt. Michael Murphy. I don't think this would surprise anybody. In fact, I would guess enemy KIA was even higher.

mickk
03-12-2013, 01:22 AM
This is nothing short of Enemy Propaganda and should be removed forthwith. Under the previous ownership, it was agreed that enemy propaganda would not be tolerated, has something changed? If nothing has changed, remove it, if AC now has new rules of engagement that allow this crap to remain, then I will restart the campaign to rid the site of this type of material.

Nothing against the OP or video poster.

TaskForceGreen
12-27-2013, 10:22 PM
I think its total bullsh*t that they tried to minimize the numbers of AQT they faced years later (to make it appear they exaggerated the number of targets they were engaged by...I really hope it wasn't the D.o.D). Some on wiki, SOF sites, etc say it was only a dozen or so, but all other sources say it was nearly a hundred plus...
I doubt such highly trained guys would be getting bracketed by mortars, having hundreds of RPGs fired at them. along with constant effective DshK fire if it was only a dozen guys.
Shameful what we do to Marcus....The guy deserves this limelight.
I don't care if this video doesn't show hundreds...I mean, just because you can't see the other Tali don't mean they aren't in the hills chasing em down the finger of that mountain.

I don't know you guys...in my exp and in my humble opinion, these guys are not so different than other SOF guys I've known. Being shot five times and still fighting is not uncommon when dealing with truly hard-man warriors like them. I was talking to a former CAG guy and he said this whole "discrediting Marcus' assessment of enemy numbers/strength" is nothing short of disgraceful.
I hope we see the truth in the film coming out.

Yarrak
02-24-2014, 08:38 AM
at 5:54 in the video Those dumbasses are forgotten to turn off the GPRS machine....lol

ChrisH
02-14-2015, 08:43 AM
I think its total bullsh*t that they tried to minimize the numbers of AQT they faced years later (to make it appear they exaggerated the number of targets they were engaged by...I really hope it wasn't the D.o.D). Some on wiki, SOF sites, etc say it was only a dozen or so, but all other sources say it was nearly a hundred plus...
I doubt such highly trained guys would be getting bracketed by mortars, having hundreds of RPGs fired at them. along with constant effective DshK fire if it was only a dozen guys.
Shameful what we do to Marcus....The guy deserves this limelight.
I don't care if this video doesn't show hundreds...I mean, just because you can't see the other Tali don't mean they aren't in the hills chasing em down the finger of that mountain.

I don't know you guys...in my exp and in my humble opinion, these guys are not so different than other SOF guys I've known. Being shot five times and still fighting is not uncommon when dealing with truly hard-man warriors like them. I was talking to a former CAG guy and he said this whole "discrediting Marcus' assessment of enemy numbers/strength" is nothing short of disgraceful.
I hope we see the truth in the film coming out.

Luttrell's debriefing said 20-30. If anything the numbers have been over inflated going up to 200 now.

gutro
02-18-2015, 11:00 AM
Luttrell's debriefing said 20-30. If anything the numbers have been over inflated going up to 200 now.

Luttrell's Novel stated about 100 give or take and that they killed an estimated 60 or something like that. Been a while since I read it.