PDA

View Full Version : I was just on sence of a motorcycle accident

serpa6
11-12-2012, 11:31 PM
This is off Topic but what vet's day it has been,
At around 7 pm est I was sitting waiting for my wife and daughter, to come out of the market a Winn Dixie. I was sitting at the top of the parking lot that way, I could get a good eye view of them coming out. When i hear a sound like a car door slamming.
I looked and there was a motorcycle down on the main rd about 50ft from me I don't know what it was instinct, I just got out of the car and ran towards the downed motorcycle, this happened on Normandy Blvd here in Jacksonville, Golden corral was giving free dinners to the vet's so traffic was heavy.
I had crossed into the road and seen this man laying there with a serve head wound. Lot of blood coming out of the back of his head I knew it was bad, he was looking up at me I had seen part of his skin torn away but hanging a little with part of his skull showing, he was bleeding badly.
I looked to see if there was a crack in the skull the bone was white so i could see if it was cracked or not, It was not from what i could see so, I took my hands and gently put the skin on his skull and applied a little pressure just in case it was cracked and i could not see it.
There where people starting to help I had seen ribbons on his shirt I knew he was a vet. I told him please buddy stay still your going to be okay, keep you head still we don't want to move you because of your neck, stay still I am a vet I am here to help you and don't leave us as soon as i said that I felt him relax, he had blood coming from his nose and mouth right away I thought maybe broken ribs I could hear gurgling I did not want to tilt his head to the side in case of neck injury.
3 other vets came to help one gave me his shirt i put it on the side of his head to see if it would have stopped the bleeding. The 2 others helped keep him still I think it help because ,buy the time paramedics and police arrived it seemed to slowed down a lot they asked me why am i holding his head. I said look the paramedic said i will take it
I backed up the police asked if i had seen it I said i heard it and pointed to my car. One of the officer all the way over there you heard this I said yes he okay stay, if you want make some room for the paramedics to work when the guy heard that he got very aggressive and asked where that guy police the guy who held my head I had to walk away he was getting very combative.
I did not know if i could have calmed him or he could have gotten worst with emotion Even though i have had many heart attacks 5 I know what it like when everyone says Minutes seem like forever, and this seemed forever. I had stepped back.
By that time my oldest daughter said dad why are you shaking she looked and my hands and shirt, he had coughed and i got blood all over the shirt I did not care My shirt can be washed The shirt was my AC shirt the one with 2 soldiers in the back one with a sniper rifle. It can be replaced but not this fellow Vet I helped I pray to god that he will recover and anymore on this I will post it as it becomes available from the media
I thought I would share this would all of you on how everyday happening's can effect our lives thank god for my training they always say you will never know when you will use it I have had 2 other training classes in frist aid but the one I learned in the Army was the one that came to mind right away and with out hessitation and on a little note i have been out since 1984

serpa6
11-12-2012, 11:50 PM
This is off Topic but what vet's day it has been,
At around 7 pm est I was sitting waiting for my wife and daughter, to come out of the market a Winn Dixie. I was sitting at the top of the parking lot that way, I could get a good eye view of them coming out. When i hear a sound like a car door slamming.
I looked and there was a motorcycle down on the main rd about 50ft from me I don't know what it was instinct, I just got out of the car and ran towards the downed motorcycle, this happened on Normandy Blvd here in Jacksonville, Golden corral was giving free dinners to the vet's so traffic was heavy.
I had crossed into the road and seen this man laying there with a serve head wound. Lot of blood coming out of the back of his head I knew it was bad, he was looking up at me I had seen part of his skin torn away but hanging a little with part of his skull showing, he was bleeding badly.
I looked to see if there was a crack in the skull the bone was white so i could see if it was cracked or not, It was not from what i could see so, I took my hands and gently put the skin on his skull and applied a little pressure just in case it was cracked and i could not see it.
There where people starting to help I had seen ribbons on his shirt I knew he was a vet. I told him please buddy stay still your going to be okay, keep you head still we don't want to move you because of your neck, stay still I am a vet I am here to help you and don't leave us as soon as i said that I felt him relax, he had blood coming from his nose and mouth right away I thought maybe broken ribs I could hear gurgling I did not want to tilt his head to the side in case of neck injury.
3 other vets came to help one gave me his shirt i put it on the side of his head to see if it would have stopped the bleeding. The 2 others helped keep him still I think it help because ,buy the time paramedics and police arrived it seemed to slowed down a lot they asked me why am i holding his head. I said look the paramedic said i will take it
I backed up the police asked if i had seen it I said i heard it and pointed to my car. One of the officer all the way over there you heard this I said yes he okay stay, if you want make some room for the paramedics to work when the guy heard that he got very aggressive and asked where that guy police the guy who held my head I had to walk away he was getting very combative.
I did not know if i could have calmed him or he could have gotten worst with emotion Even though i have had many heart attacks 5 I know what it like when everyone says Minutes seem like forever, and this seemed forever. I had stepped back.
By that time my oldest daughter said dad why are you shaking she looked and my hands and shirt, he had coughed and i got blood all over the shirt I did not care My shirt can be washed The shirt was my AC shirt the one with 2 soldiers in the back one with a sniper rifle. It can be replaced but not this fellow Vet I helped I pray to god that he will recover and anymore on this I will post it as it becomes available from the media
I thought I would share this would all of you on how everyday happening's can effect our lives thank god for my training they always say you will never know when you will use it I have had 2 other training classes in frist aid but the one I learned in the Army was the one that came to mind right away and with out hessitation and on a little note i have been out since 1984

I just found it on the news http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/All-westbound-lanes-of-Normandy-Boulevard-closed/OePD2i6toE2bou3on3h3GQ.cspx

MickDonalds
11-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Good work man. Good work. We vets need to take care of each other. Always. The "Normals" (civilians) can't always be depended on. We need to help each other, because I don't trust civilians, and if I'm hurt, I want a vet to take care of me if he/she is a first responder.

HooterBro
11-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Good job my friend! Good job! Prayers go out to the victim and his family!