PDA

View Full Version : Where are your shoes, boots, flip-flops?!

SATX
11-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Seriously, 3/4 of the vids getting posted about Syrian dead have to be staged. Who in the fuck is going to run around an urban war zone, with all the twisted, jagged metal and building debris laying everywhere with nothing on their feet.

I mean almost every asshat over there seems to have an iPhone or a video camera, cheap camos and paper-thin tactical vests but they can't afford some cheap Chinese sneakers?

I see dead guys in their barefeet and I am thinking they just got dumped there, had some AK's tossed on their bodies and bingo, those images/vids are getting uploaded to SyriaTube or whatever......:roleyes:

MickDonalds
11-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Granted, I haven't been to Syria (none of us have..yet) but Arabs wear sandals when they fight. Swear to God, not lying, ragheads and hajis fight in flip flops. It's a cultural thing, going back to the Bedouin days. The temperature is so hot that the wearing of socks and full covering leather shoes is somewhat impractical.

BrendenF11
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Also, and thankfully, the FSA have people specifically attached to units to film what is going on. If they wouldn't have this we would not get to see these people killing each other on a daily basis, which I certainly love given their involvement in Iraq. With Iraq done, and Afghanistan winding down those videos will dry up pretty quick. Which is fine, but I;m loving watchin them kill each other, and usually without any kind of mercy.

HooterBro
11-11-2012, 07:48 AM
I have personally seen a guy run out into our fire to grab the sandals off one of their own dead. He was barefooted.

I've seen guys in sandals take a near mortar round, get blown off to the side and their sandals go flying through the air.

Once, when recovering 9 enemy dead, none of them had anything on their feet. The PLT LDR asked our terp why didn't they wear shoes? The terp said, "They likely did. But when you are a dead man, you do not care if your brother takes your shoes to protect his own feet."