PDA

View Full Version : SEALs punished for 'Medal of Honor' game involvment.

mrfrosty
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM

MickDonalds
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Man, the SEALs just can't keep quiet can they?

BrendenF11
11-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Man, the SEALs just can't keep quiet can they?

My thoughts exactly.

HooterBro
11-09-2012, 03:07 PM
There are many videos out there of the SEAL's in action. They should not exist.

Obama and his administration leaked out a lot of details from when Bin Laden was killed. Unacceptable.

SEAL's going for their own interests, getting paid to consult on a game. Horrific lack of discipline.

My time in the 160th SOAR was from 1991 to 1999. I have quite a few pictures and some video that will NEVER be seen outside of a certain community.

If some flight puke can understand that operational security means the lives of you AND your brothers, both present and future, why can't these assholes?

MadeInRu
11-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Military do consult game developers a lot. Seen a few myself, nothing new there, been like that since 1998 if i'm correct.
But seals should be more careful, they are active service members. Usually it's done by retired personnel.

nastyleg
11-09-2012, 05:06 PM
More brass getting their dicks stepped on and crying about it. I am pretty sure they did not divulge anything that would be a game changer to our enemies. Give these guys some credit.

SATX
11-09-2012, 08:50 PM
More brass getting their dicks stepped on and crying about it. I am pretty sure they did not divulge anything that would be a game changer to our enemies. Give these guys some credit.

Two of my classmates from high school back in San Diego went on to be Seals. I give them all the credit in the world, but the guys I know would never have violated their nondisclosure agreements. These guys took their word seriously. In life, everything else can be stripped away by circumstance, except for that. You choose to reneg on your word, short of the type of torture vets saw at the Hanoi Hilton. The guys I know would never do anything that would put their brethern at a disadvantage. Showing the maker of a game Seal hardware is a serious lapse.

For their families sake, I hope they are not listed when the credits roll at the end of the game. Not all hadji's are mindless idiots like we see in all the videos posted.

Ronaldflanagan
11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Obama has given away many more secrets than any SEAL has access to. Think the chopper lost in the Osama raid, our drone captured intact in Iran not to mention the many state secrets the Obama administration has leaked over the years like for instance the Israeli's secret deal with Azerbaijan to launch a first strike against Iran's nuclear facilities. When is Obama to be punished for those crimes? Oh thats right nevermind he will just issue an executive order. Most transparent administration in history...he wasnt kidding.

BrendenF11
11-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Obama has given away many more secrets than any SEAL has access to. Think the chopper lost in the Osama raid, our drone captured intact in Iran not to mention the many state secrets the Obama administration has leaked over the years like for instance the Israeli's secret deal with Azerbaijan to launch a first strike against Iran's nuclear facilities. When is Obama to be punished for those crimes? Oh thats right nevermind he will just issue an executive order. Most transparent administration in history...he wasnt kidding.

Really? The chopper shot that went down during the bin laden raid? So what you are saying is that one of our most prized and hidden pieces of military hardware should not be used to get bin laden? The person that launched and blind side attack against our country, and launched us into a decade of war, the most wanted man on the face of the earth does not deserve a no holds bar assault from our military an all available assets? The chopper was an unfortunate loss, quite unfortunate, however given what the mission was and the signifigance it held....

The drone shot down over Iran: Really? Again why would you not devote the most high tech pieces of military hardware to gain real time intelligence on a VERY possible future enemy? Is the technology so important that we should not use it? Then what the hell is the point of having it! Iran is proving to be a substantial enemy in the very near future, and to have the most absolute intelligence on the situation is of utmost importance. There could potentially be a very signifigant loss of US service members lives if we go to war with Iran, and if the administration did not do everything and anything in their ability to maintain the upper hand and prevent those casualties... That would be the real crime.

The administrations leaks over the years are disgusting and detrimental to the security of the US, there is no doubt about that. Anyway back to the OP. The seals need to keep their mouths shut on any and every aspect. Even an E-1 could tell you the importance of OpSec. They have different contracts than most people that enlist, while we are all held to an accountability level they are held to a higher level due to the nature of their mission. Every single aspect that is divulged is another piece of information that the enemy has.

We could say well that wasn't that bad of a leak, well if you have 50 of them what does that equate to? These men are military members, not civilians.

nastyleg
11-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I see where you are getting at. The amount of info they gave up will be unknown to the general public. I trust they used common sense and didn't disclose anything that would cause harm. You're absolutely right about the jawas. To underestimate them is to sign off on your own death certificate. I guess the point I am trying to make is this. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't give away state secrets. If they did then they would be punished a lot harsher than non-judicial punishment.

Ronaldflanagan
11-12-2012, 04:24 AM
So let me get this straight Brenden Obama can take credit for killing Osama but not for any tactical errors that might have been made leading up to and during the mission? I never said those assets shouldnt have been used. But what restrictions, parameters etc. were in place over those guys heads. Remember the mindset of this administration. They put our marines in harms way and dont give them bullets for their guns. That's the way these people think.I guess even when Obama is caught on a hot mic kow-towing to Putin its not really a big deal right? No crime there right? Or when Al Gore gives our most sophisticated nuclear missile guidance system technology to China putting American cities within their range. Just unfortunate right? Or Obama removing the missile shield from Poland and the Czech Republic as Russia puts their missile sites on high alert. Just a glitch. Or Obama backing away from Ukraine and Georgia joining NATO small case of bad judgement. Or Obama caught on a hot mic insulting Israel's leader just another hiccup. I could go on for pages. Let me ask you this question, is the man or his allies ever responsible for anything. This isnt a game. We are talking about the national security of our nation. Look who is thanking your comment. It should tell you volumes about what side you are on.

BrendenF11
11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
So let me get this straight Brenden Obama can take credit for killing Osama but not for any tactical errors that might have been made leading up to and during the mission? I never said those assets shouldnt have been used. But what restrictions, parameters etc. were in place over those guys heads. Remember the mindset of this administration. They put our marines in harms way and dont give them bullets for their guns. That's the way these people think.I guess even when Obama is caught on a hot mic kow-towing to Putin its not really a big deal right? No crime there right? Or when Al Gore gives our most sophisticated nuclear missile guidance system technology to China putting American cities within their range. Just unfortunate right? Or Obama removing the missile shield from Poland and the Czech Republic as Russia puts their missile sites on high alert. Just a glitch. Or Obama backing away from Ukraine and Georgia joining NATO small case of bad judgement. Or Obama caught on a hot mic insulting Israel's leader just another hiccup. I could go on for pages. Let me ask you this question, is the man or his allies ever responsible for anything. This isnt a game. We are talking about the national security of our nation. Look who is thanking your comment. It should tell you volumes about what side you are on.

Hell no Obama can't take credit for killing Bin Laden, he DIDN'T kill bin laden. The boots on ground execute the mission, there is no question they killed bin laden. Obama and the upper echelon of military members can take credit for authorizing the raid, into another country which could have had some very serious international consequences. That does not mean in anyway that they killed bin laden.

I don't see how the administration and US military held anything back in the raid. The most sophisticated pieces of equipment, and best troops the US has were used. Where exactly was the restriction during the Bin Laden raid.

I am glad we are still in the cold war era here. There is NO reason why the US should not be working with Russia. Why would Russia not be on it's toes when you have people in the US who come out and say that Russia is the United States' number one geopolitical enemy? I am not saying that the Russians don't do their part to raise tensions, but at some point our two nations need to try and work together instead of keeping an ample amount of nuclear weapons aimed at each other. Lets face it Russia is NOT our number 1 enemy in any way shape or form, neither is radical Islam. China IS our number one enemy in any way shape or form, and we are atleast doing some part by strengthening our ties with India, Australia, and Japan in the region. Meanwhile forcing Russia into Chinas corner. Not smart.

Al Gore is a douche, the only thing I agree with him on at anytime is global warming.

The missle shield, a waste of fucking money. Obama and Bush are damn fools for pursuing this, if the Europeans want it they can build it. Waste of US tax dollars, time, and energy. I know we have their back if it comes to a war, but until it does they are going to have to fend for themselves instead of relying on the US.

I have my own stance on Israel, and it certainly isn't a "I support Israel, with anything thing they do and will back them with whatever they do." I support Israel as a strategic ally, they need to clean their shit up and end a lot of things they do or are doing. For example, stealing US state secrets, attacking a US ship etc. I am not a fan of being an ally of someone who has no regard for their greatest ally.

"We are talking about the national security of our nation. Look who is thanking your comment. It should tell you volumes about what side you are on. "

You seem to think that someone in the repubes or the democraps would not do the same things as this administration. I completely disagree. You seem to think that these people who are bought off through special interests, and there by form their policies and actions around the interests of those groups would actually give a shit about the United States. I think you have been mislead. Obama should be out, and out today. I give credit where credit is due, and I give blame where blame is due. Unfortunately blame is so much easier because there is so much to go around for these "public servants" we elect. If you think this administration is a sham, I agree 100% if you think the Bush administration was a sham I agree 100%, if you think the next administration 2016 will be a sham I agree 100%, if you think all three will lead to the fall of the United State becaues they have their heads so far up their own asses I agree 100%.

I would also like to point out another fault of Obama, his not pursuing an extensive and well funded Cyber security defense and offense. The US is moving in the right direction on the issue, but not quick enough. You think China just came up with a stealth fighter over night without doing some "research" on the issue. This goes back a decade or more too. Instead of some stupid missle shield, which will probably never be used, we should be spending that money on cyber security. That's both Bush and Obama, both political parties failing the US citizens on an absolutely massive scale.

Ronaldflanagan
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Well i dont agree with all that you said but that was a nice well thought out reply thank you.