PDA

View Full Version : WARTORN - This needs to be watched by all of yoiu

Stark
11-06-2012, 06:13 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb_link/2969_3660.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1652) PTSD - Documentaryhttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1652)

bu187
11-06-2012, 07:43 PM
cant watch from germany

Scots16
11-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Yup definitely a great video. I did a project on PTSD in the military and actually used some of the footage in this for the presentation. Educational and enlightening for sure..

LetsTripOutAndDie
11-06-2012, 09:06 PM
how do you embed youtube videos???

Jay_S
11-06-2012, 11:27 PM
I think a lot of people ar visiting their memories here on AC,
I don't comment often but you guys are hardcore after seeing this. Strength thats whats sticks with me...

touriste
11-07-2012, 04:14 AM
nobody comes out of war unscathed, even if he did not been injured.

there are still traces

ESCADA
11-07-2012, 05:09 AM
doesn´t work from germany :-(

GlenUK
11-07-2012, 10:37 AM
LetsTripOutAndDie

how do you embed youtube videos???

You become a supporter

joelee
11-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks Stark. That was a powerful video.
I hope that everyone who needs help gets it, and that the VA holds up to it's part.

CuChi
11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Fuck me. I don't know if I can watch all this. A bit close to the knuckle for me. But I do know I want to kill that fucking shrink in the first minute or so who orders the GI at the beginning to speak up. Fucker.

TexMarine2254
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
As indicated by the quote by Homer at the beginning of the piece you can never forget what you've seen, smelled or experienced. You're forever and inexorably linked with that time and place.

CuChi
11-07-2012, 12:49 PM
With me it tends to be a movement, a sight, often out the corner of my eye. I thought it was only kids that cracked up. Boy did I get that wrong (and it took me five years to admit it).

GlenUK
11-07-2012, 01:23 PM
Nice post stark.
Hope everyone gets the help thats needed.

16BNRWAR
11-11-2012, 08:32 AM
"Only the dead know the end of war", Plato

Kr4k3nUSMC
11-13-2012, 05:12 AM
Any sound that immitates the burst of a heavy weapon has made me drop down a few inches and make me grasp at a rifle that's never there. It's still hard not to have that movement happen it's just been burned into my mind for the last six years.

rangerstew
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
My great grandfather came back from France in WWI with PTSD.....of course they didn't call it that then and most didn't even know it existed. He was a horrible husband and father and tried to kill his children multiple times while being drunk. My grandmother had a horrific childhood because of it. In one of his notebooks that he had on him in the war he alluded to seeing things he could not get out of his mind. Out of all of his children, my grandmother was the only one to stay by his side and support him to the day he died. I think she understood what had happened to him.

TexMarine2254
12-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Very well done ... Damn.

RealDealSealed
01-25-2013, 12:14 PM
PTSD I suffered from to point of needing help to walk. I had black outs. I just feel it has made me less emotional to small problems now. You never really heal. You learn to take it that you made it. The strength hopefully some get when they get past the first year and so. I wonder if it is chemically our makeup. I am stronger.. not normal, but stronger. I think these men are stronger too, and can one day look at it like that. I don't understand sometimes why the military really doesn't truly prepare you to see death, or let you know what to expect. Our troops are unappreciated so much.

Staples
02-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Wow, truly deep. It was hard to watch, but gives an honest insight on war.

hootsun09
06-09-2013, 02:16 PM
what a lot of people fail to see is that our soliders are comeing home with PTSD and cant get the treatment over here in the United States, they are asked before they return home in most cases if they think they have PTSD, if so they have to stay there and get treatment. Of course they will mostly say no. Also the cause/blame for PTSD isn't just the violence of war, its the leaders of this country. Your leaders are giving soliders "drop guns" telling them if you kill an innocent civilian to go in you Humvee grab the drop AK and put it by them and take a picture. I'm against the Iraq war, but with that said I do Support the Troops. Our government uses our troops as pawns, its all about money, don't let the anti war agencies fool you even they profit and need war, other wise they wouldn't be an in business. With that said my next statement was this. When I turned 18 I tried to join the military, the air force to be specific, but due to my hear impairment, being 60 and 40 percent deaf couldn't enlist. I thought we should just bomb them an be over with it, but as I got more educated in the war my feelings changed. Some of you will agree with this comment some with disagree strongly, but our government allowed both Iraq and the Afganistan war to happen, it could have been prevented, Taliban and Alquida are not governments they are in a sence rebells. There for your not going to war with a country you are going to war with a group. We have eliminated the highest powers in both, so why are we still fighting? Also we had both bin ladin and sudam pinned down within the first 2 weeks of the war, but we refused to take them out. Don't believe me watch the documentary Bush's War. Its the only one I have seen that speaks about the wrong dueings of our government but still doesn't go too in depth. With that said look around, our if you watch the news you never hear about the wrong things we as a country do over there. Im sorry if you lost a love one in war, I don't mean this post in any disrespect to them at all, just stateing my opinion about the war and what causes PTSD. It shows clearly that Jason in this video was mently affected by PTSD and they blew him off. That is what our leaders are doing to your family members. ITS TIME TO PUT A STOP TO THIS!!!

Bigfoot13
07-12-2013, 11:44 PM
I can and do relate. PTSD is a mother fucker to go through, Im glad for the Doc's who give me pills to cope. Its very hard fellas. Night time is the worst part of my life, every fucking night. Im 57 years old and after so many times to do my self, Iv put it in "natural death's arms' then Ill be free of all the fucking shit that goes through my mind, at night. For comfort I drink beer to help during the day, when I can afford to, when I cant, I double up on the pills. What a fucking life to have to live. Im doing my best at it, for my Daughter. God Bless those who have and those who will!!!

Skivvy Stacker
08-29-2013, 12:12 AM
I've said this to the many vets I know who have been through combat.

Your reactions to this have caused you great pain. As far as I am concerned that is actually good.
Why "good"?
Because it means that there is still some humanity left inside you that has not died or been destroyed by what you saw, or what you did.
Your reaction is therefore normal, and to be expected from any sane man.
If you didn't feel this way, I would be worried. It would mean you had no feelings, and that would mean your humanity, your very soul, had been entirely destroyed, and you would not be able to live that way at all, because from that you could never hope to recover.
You might not believe in God, but I do. Not in the God that's sitting in judgement on a cloud, behind gates of gold. I'm talking about a being for whom the word "god" isn't big enough.
If you believe in that God, then there is hope. There is ALWAYS hope.
Keep that one flame of humanity alive in you, no matter how small it is. DO that, and you may see better days. I pray you do. I really do. Because I have a very strong love for all of you for your service, and your sacrifice.

gutro
08-29-2013, 07:39 AM
SOB... it's in a format my comp at work wont read....

CadetSV63
10-10-2013, 10:21 PM
When will the mofos who think it's all a charade see what war can do to guys. Mental scars heal, if at all, way slower then physical. Worse still - the gov and VA do not give the respect deserved by vets - of course they haven't been there but that's no damn excuse. Families too - they need respect and consideration whether because of loss or having to handle a guy wounded and all screwed up. "Get over it" - yeah right ... the people who offer that 'advice' never had to see, hear and do the things that haunt - feel the guilt and remember brothers who died two feet away. War is no game and never will be.

louielopez
05-03-2014, 08:33 AM
After close to 6 years active duty, 30 years of electrical and industrial maintenance, I am now a pyschiatric nurse. Traumas happen even when not under fire. Seen some heavy shit. Also with every PTSD case I've seen as a student and practicing RN, depression has always been there. I may have seen one case where they don't display together (at the time), but still an interesting reaction to gunfire. I am currently treating a Vietnam vet from the early days of MACV, and they vividly describe the horrors experienced and the hypervigilance that is still there. With an extensive treatment history, some things will not be resolved.
Just like Major Depressive Disorder, expecting someone to "buckup and get over it" is way out of line, but heard a lot from people who have never experienced trauma. A lot of guys on here know.
I also highly recommend checking out Military Minds Inc. on Facebook, these folks are doing a lot to help their brothers and sisters in uniform get the help and support they need.
We've got to stick together and look after each other. We lose too many of our mates to suicide and the penal system when they can't function at home or get any relief or support.
We work at it. I have worked with and know a lot of really good people in the VA and who are working with military professionals teaching them how to identify and assist those in need. The problem is huge. As a former VA counselor friend once told me, "What we are seeing coming back now from Desert Storm 1 and OIF/OEF is overwhelming".
The system was too slow in gearing up with the resources, and recruiting/training essential staff, and now been playing catchup, which unfortunately, will go on for some time.
God Bless the folks suffering and those trying to help them.
The unacceptable problem is the rate of suicide. We have a lot to do.

bgbllbffr
05-03-2014, 04:59 PM
FUCK YOU !! LYNDON JOHNSON!! FUCK YOU GEORGE BUSCH !! & FUCK YOU BARACK OBAHMA !!! ROT YOU SORRY POS!!!

Skivvy Stacker
05-03-2014, 07:43 PM
How about we save a "fuck you" for the guys on the OTHER side?
There are some bad guys out there you know.

bgbllbffr
05-04-2014, 12:57 AM
HAH ! Do You expect Me to believe for one second that any one of those three presidents actually sent Us over seas ,risked Our lives & sanity "to get the Badguys !?!? Iam sure thats what They would like Me to believe but fortunately I know different & Iam willing to bet mine & every thing thats dear to Me in this world that Iam right!! So You save Your Fuck Yous for who ever the hell You want to...Mine are for them three corrupt fucking maggots!

Skivvy Stacker
05-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Yeah. Whatever.

bgbllbffr
05-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Not tryn to be a dick brother, I do apologize if I sounded like one. My heart overloads My mouth sometimes, please dont take personal Skivvy

Skivvy Stacker
05-05-2014, 02:16 PM
That's okay. Happens to me too.

No hard feelings from me.