PDA

View Full Version : Rogue U.S. General Carter Ham arrested

eaglethebeagle
10-29-2012, 04:16 PM
http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/

“Rogue”U.S. General Arrested for Activating Special Forces Teams; Ignoring Libya Stand-Down Order

Share this:

LinkedIn (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/?share=linkedin&nb=1)

Email (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/?share=email&nb=1)
Digg (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/?share=digg&nb=1)
Reddit (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/?share=reddit&nb=1)

Free Republic (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/?share=custom-1337069372&nb=1)

http://cdn6.teapartytribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Carter-Ham-300x190.jpg (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/carter-ham/)
The official story (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/state-department-covers-up-ambassador-stevens-death-at-rented-villa-in-benghazi_102012) surrounding the events of September 11, 2012 in Bengzahi, Libya which left four Americans dead, has now officially fallen apart.
After numerous flips and flops by the Obama administration, which originally attempted to paint the incident as a Muslim outcry over an anti-Islamic video, whistle blowers throughout the U.S. government, including within the White House, the State Department, national intelligence agencies and the U.S.military have made available stunning details that suggest not only did operational commanders have live visual and audio communications (http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/sacrificed-at-the-alter-of-obama-cia-assets-ordered-to-stand-down-during-libya-attacks-delta-force-spec-ops-waited-for-hours-for-deployment-orders_10262012) from drones overhead and intelligence assets on the ground, but that some commanders within the military were prepared to go-it-aloneafter being told to “stand down.” (http://www.infowars.com/cia-agents-in-benghazi-twice-asked-for-permission-to-help-ambassador-stevens-and-told-to-stand-down/)
Africom commanding officer U.S. General Carter Ham, after being ordered to essentially surrender control of the situation to alleged Al Queda terrorists and let Americans on the ground die, made the unilateral decision to ignore orders from the Secretary of Defense and activated special operations teams at his disposal for immediate deployment to the area.
According to reports (http://times247.com/articles/is-a-general-losing-his-job-over-benghazi), once the General went rogue he was arrested within minutes by his second in command and relieved of duty.

“(The) basic principle is that you don’t deploy forces into harm’s way without knowing what’s going on; without having some real-time information about what’s taking place,” Panetta told Pentagon reporters. “And as a result of not having that kind of information, the commander who was on the ground in that area, Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and I felt very strongly that we could not put forces at risk in that situation.”
The information I heard today was that General Ham as head of Africom received the same e-mails the White House received requesting help/support as the attack was taking place. General Ham immediately had a rapid response unit ready and communicated to the Pentagon that he had a unit ready.
General Ham then received the order to stand down. His response was to screw it, he was going to help anyhow. Within 30 seconds to a minute after making the move to respond, his second in command apprehended General Ham and told him that he was now relieved of his command.
The question now is whether the American people will hold to account the chain of command responsible for leaving our people behind, fabricating a politically expedient story, and continuing to sell the now defunct lie(s) even after all of their variations of the story were found to be false and misleading.
http://cdn5.teapartytribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/general-ham-300x216.jpg (http://www.teapartytribune.com/2012/10/29/rogueu-s-general-arrested-for-activating-special-forces-teams-ignoring-libya-stand-down-order/general-ham/)A General who made the decision to assist diplomatic and intelligence assets on the ground has been arrested and will likely be retired or worse, while those who ordered the removal of embassy security details and ordered U.S. forces to stand-down are left to go on about their business and likely risk more American lives in the future.
In some circles the actions of those at the very top of the command structure during the Bengzahi attacks would be considered traitorous (http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=213277).

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple (http://www.thedailysheeple.com/)
:USA:

coltsfan2007
10-29-2012, 05:04 PM
That truly is a sad story right there. FUCKIN' POLITICS. A distinguished soldier who has swore an oath to protect his country and his fellow country men, now is in trouble for doing so, thanks O'fuckhead administration. Anything is better than another four years letting Obama run this country even more into the ground. Sorry gonna' take some heat for this comment, but you all know if it was Bush, those men would have not died in Libya. Your much beloved wishy-washy Obama did not have the testical fortitude to make a snap decision on his own. :USA:

MickDonalds
10-29-2012, 08:42 PM
He's retiring anyways.

But it is a bullshit situation. Obama is responsible for the deaths of four Americans.

eaglethebeagle
10-29-2012, 11:14 PM
This is a much grander scale but it reminds me of the story of LTC Allen West ignoring the ROE and scaring that insurgent for info that later led to his early retirement. Too bad this situation didnt end with a happy ending like Allen West story did.

on a side note I would love to see this 4 star general get to a face to face with obama. Then just fucking kick the shit out of him that would be justice for me a little.

BrendenF11
10-29-2012, 11:49 PM
There is a reason we have rules in this country. As a service member you will OFTEN get orders that you disagree with. At times there are also orders that will cost the lives of US soldiers, citizens, and the mercenary contractors. The oath:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

There was not a singal order given that was unconstitutional. The order came from the administrations staff, there by coming from the president. The actions that the general took were against his orders, and his responsibility in the situation. He should be punished accordingly. It's like a Combat Life Saver class, to break it down into simple terms. Your buddy, a good friend and now a brother just got shot, he is bleeding out and close to you but not under cover. Your number 1 job is to return fire as the firefight ensues, two dead soldiers are much worse than one. You want to go bad, you want to go put a tourniquet on or patch up his torso shot. If you get shot, you are out of the fight and the rest of your soldiers are that much more fucked.

I had read an article about the CIA officers, and how they all wanted to go. I am no expert on the CIA, but it is NOT their mission. Their mission has a much higher impact, is more sensative, and their knowledge and abilities are best kept in place opposed to risking their mission and their ability to perform their mission. As far as I can figure a CIA operative, or affiliated member should never be engaged in a firefight for any reason other than running for their lives. Their missions save more lives, and eliminate more threats than most.

That being said, I do understand the generals frustrations and his actions. That does not make them right, there is a reason we have such a large seperation between the military and the civilian government. It is also why we have a civilian in charge of our military, it should be quite obvious why. A rogue military is a very dangerous thing and detrimental to the US and our society. To advocate that military leaders go rogue to resolve situations is a very very dangerous thing.

eaglethebeagle
10-30-2012, 08:29 AM
There is a reason we have rules in this country. As a service member you will OFTEN get orders that you disagree with. At times there are also orders that will cost the lives of US soldiers, citizens, and the mercenary contractors. The oath:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

There was not a singal order given that was unconstitutional. The order came from the administrations staff, there by coming from the president. The actions that the general took were against his orders, and his responsibility in the situation. He should be punished accordingly. It's like a Combat Life Saver class, to break it down into simple terms. Your buddy, a good friend and now a brother just got shot, he is bleeding out and close to you but not under cover. Your number 1 job is to return fire as the firefight ensues, two dead soldiers are much worse than one. You want to go bad, you want to go put a tourniquet on or patch up his torso shot. If you get shot, you are out of the fight and the rest of your soldiers are that much more fucked.

I had read an article about the CIA officers, and how they all wanted to go. I am no expert on the CIA, but it is NOT their mission. Their mission has a much higher impact, is more sensative, and their knowledge and abilities are best kept in place opposed to risking their mission and their ability to perform their mission. As far as I can figure a CIA operative, or affiliated member should never be engaged in a firefight for any reason other than running for their lives. Their missions save more lives, and eliminate more threats than most.

That being said, I do understand the generals frustrations and his actions. That does not make them right, there is a reason we have such a large seperation between the military and the civilian government. It is also why we have a civilian in charge of our military, it should be quite obvious why. A rogue military is a very dangerous thing and detrimental to the US and our society. To advocate that military leaders go rogue to resolve situations is a very very dangerous thing.

You are entitled to your opinion and that is just it. This is a 4 star fucking general and an admiral we are talking about. They understand what you just said more than you understand it. In this case they know more about the treason being run by this administration than you or I. I think this is a result of that. You can not be the failed leader that obama is and do the shit obama has and expect men to follow you. Look again at the opsec videos and their agenda. This is all not just a coincidence. This is the result of obama. The most senior military men in our forces are abandoning their CinC. That is all you need to know or understand it speaks for itself.

coltsfan2007
10-30-2012, 08:57 AM
I agree with you, Brenden. That oath brings back some memories, although mine was taken twenty years ago. The matter of that being said, Obama still once again dropped the ball. It would have made great campaign headlines if he did do his job and went in and saved those men, but that is one of the things Obama pisses me off about the most. He is to scared to step on some shoes and he wants to make everyone happy and unfortunately you can not do that and be the president of this great nation. The sad thing is he is wishing and hoping that this will just all go away and that is B.S. I believe eagle said it in one of his other post (sorry eagle if it wasn't you) I would rather take my chances with a mormon president than a muslim sympathizer. :USA:

eaglethebeagle
10-30-2012, 09:15 AM
This is what has happened. These men likely did not plan their insubordination together they just acted on their own moral character. They are both top ranking military leaders. They have Panetta and obama only to answer to. They disobeyed him and tried to save these men in Benghazi. They have never had an issue in their entire career that led them to do such a thing. This was their final stand in essence. They have served their entire lives and ranked up and they chose to say fuck it. They were making waves because they like the other CIA and OPSEC members are not respecting a president that risk American lives for his political agenda. They wanted to bring this to light. What we have is why those OPSEC men made their ads. This is it. obama said it himself "these 4 men being killed was not optimal". Fuck that its game over obama.

BrendenF11
10-30-2012, 09:16 AM
@ eagle

"They understand what you just said more than you understand it."

Exactly which also means that he understands that the actions that he took would and will have consequences. There is no sympathy for a soldier that does not follow his orders, unless his orders are unconstitutional. The military can not be allowed to do whatever they feel, as this general did, ALL politics aside. He knows that, and he put his career on the line with the actions that he took. Not that it matters, anyone over the grade of an O-4 gets a slap on the wrist and a scolding from their mother. So I wouldn't worry about this guy not getting his enormous pention when he gets booted, meaning forced retirement/resignation. IE General McCrystal.

"I would rather take my chances with a mormon president than a muslim sympathizer."

I guess I'd take hitler over stalin too. They are both the same entities, only varying on social issues. There is one thing that they both can agree on though. That is to get the federal government as much control over the population as possible, through the guise of "security." Keep voting for these scumbags, simply because they are less evil than the other guy, and see where it gets this country. There are third parties, and plenty of other options to vote for.

BrendenF11
10-30-2012, 09:20 AM
Also, don't get me wrong the administration does need to find where the fault lays in this. They then need to address it, and make some heads role. It is unexceptable that any diplomatic mission suffer casualties. Which also means that we need to take a hard stance on Libya right now, remove all on the ground assets and personel until libya gets their shit straight. If they don't, we those drones sure pack a punch for them to experience.

eaglethebeagle
10-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Former commander of the Pacific Fleet Admiral James Lyons was among the most highly regarded and influential members of the American military in a generation. He is now using that reputation to now aggressively push for open and honest disclosure from the Obama White House regarding the Benghazi Massacre scandal.
http://www.standupamericaus.org/sua/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Adm.-James-A.-Lyons.jpg
(Admiral James Lyons is demanding answers from the Obama administration over the Benghazi Massacre and cover up)

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/10/30/admiral-james-lyons-we-need-full-disclosure-on-benghazi-now/

HooterBro
10-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Some orders are not legal. It is up to the individual to respond in such a way that goes with what they've been taught. This is a fucking GENERAL here, not some E-4 bumping through a village doing something stupid.

You swear an oath to protect America, and by extension, American's, from enemies foreign and domestic.

When you have general officers taking matters into their own hands, the system is fucked up beyond all recognition. FUBAR. The orders from the State Department were quite obviously stupid and incompetent. Deadly.

There is a severe failure from the top, down. The DCG that arrested this man should be shot for treason. The POTUS should be impeached. Hillary C. should be criminally prosecuted for negligence of office.

This General is a fucking hero. Even though he didn't get to do what SHOULD of been done, he's still a hero. And this fucking BULLSHIT going around that a Spec Ops team shouldn't of been launched into action due to uncertainty of the ground situation and lack of intel is just that. Pure, 100% Obama BULLSHIT. SOCOM Service Members are extensively trained to handle those types of situations. Fuck me, that's WHY they were created in the first fucking place! To complete a given mission with little to no intel and given the most basic of arms and equipment.

What a COMPLETELY fuckered up government we have when REAL TIME INFORMATION is being streamed to the DoD and State Dept and a fucking General gets hamstrung trying to save American lives. You let these kinds of asshats get away with this shit just ONE fucking time and you encourage the rest of them to do the same.

gazzthompson
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I won't comment on the subject at hand as my willingness to "debate" on this website has gone, But before we all start foaming at the mouths and masturbating each other off whistle condemning Barack "The Devil" Obama can we confirm this actually took place?

http://www.africom.mil/getArticle.asp?art=8383&lang=0

"The speculation that General Carter Ham is departing Africa Command (AFRICOM) due to events in Benghazi, Libya, on 11 September 2012 is absolutely false. General Ham's departure is part of routine succession planning that has been on going since July. He continues to serve in AFRICOM with my complete confidence."

- General Martin E. Dempsey

BrendenF11
10-30-2012, 05:07 PM
I support that 100% Hooter. I also would like to bring up trying the whole Bush administration, from the top down, for treason. I'd say the 4,000 plus US service members that were killed in Iraq along with all US service members killed in Afghanistan since 2007. The Bush administration lied, and based their decision of invading Iraq on faulty intelligence. There by killing thousands of US servicemembers and maiming many thousands more. The Bush administration failed and they failed quite miserably. I would completely support the whole lot of them being tried for treason and punished for the crimes they commited. Not to mention the cost of the war. Plus the complete and udder mishandeling of Afghanistan, uselessly costing even more United States soldiers lives.

We then also have the issue of US mercenaries in Iraq and Afghanistan. How about the 9 soldiers that were killed from faulty wiring by KBR (or was it Haliburton?). Those companies should also be tried for treason, not to mention the constant over charging of products to the US government, which is funded by the US tax payer. That is a treasonous act. We couldn't do that though could we? I mean those companies are so deep into the pockets of US politicians, both democrat and republican alike (however mostly in the back pockets of the republicans), that there is no way anyone would even think about actually trying a company with treason. Even though they certainly should.

Then we have the Patriot act.... I shouldn't and won't even say anything about it, it is a blatantly impeachable unconstitutional act. Draft and supported by the Bush administration. The patriot act is simply THE piece of legislation that will ensure that this nation and its government no longer live or follow the constitution, there by destroying the United States as the United States.

Or are we only going after Obama because he is a Democrap? Wouldn't it be fair to hold everyone accountable for everything they do? Benghazi is not an impeachable act. It was a fuck up, and a big one and should be handled as such. The Obama administration better hold someone accountable for the lack of intel, the deaths, and the lack of actual response.

In regards to the general. You can't disobey orders, unless unconstitutional orders were given. I see in no way how the orders he received were unconstitutional. Were they morally incorrect, absolutely. When you're in that high of a position you have to make choices and follow orders that get people killed, you don't agree with, and sacrifice the lives of some to prevent the loss of even more lives. I do not support the administrations choice to not send in SF elements to try and change the situation, they certainly should have. However, I also would not support a 4-star disobeying a direct order from the administration unless it was absolutely unconstitutional (ie deploying US active duty troops on US soil for any reason).

But hey I'm certainly not a replublican, and I am certainly not a democrat so I am not bias either way.