PDA

View Full Version : Video: Kamikaze in depth

bgbllbffr
10-25-2012, 08:52 AM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/348_86968.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1557) Excellent videohttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1557)

rugrat
10-25-2012, 09:14 AM
brainwashing just like today's Muslims
never kill yourself when its someone else s idea

coltsfan2007
10-25-2012, 09:20 AM
INTENSE............. Those videos never get old. God bless are vets. Good post bgb. :USA:

snipey6
10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
God bless our WWII Vets.

jeweetzelluf
10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Indeed rugrat. To those people that say kill yourself for the so called "greater good" should be said in respons: "lead by example"

Brainwashing sucks.

CuChi
10-25-2012, 03:26 PM
For me, the Last Rites being administered by the Chaplain at about 06:50 or so remains one of the most moving pieces of WW2. Amidst carnage and destruction, pain and terror, a young man receives love, and hopefully with it, peace.
Thank you, unknown sailor and chaplain.

Checker
10-25-2012, 06:40 PM
These guys had no time to be scared

dunemetal
10-25-2012, 07:23 PM
VERY SOBERING

joel
10-26-2012, 08:45 AM
suicide bombers

chiga619
10-26-2012, 11:19 PM
HOLY FUCK! Was that a cargo ship going up at 4:45? Almost looked like a mini-nuke went off...it happens right after the camera man filmed another ship getting hit. Damn...There's a reason why Kamikaze's and their devastating effectiveness weren't widely reported by the news media, because it would have encouraged the Japanese to keep sending them instead of holding back a good number to defend the homeland against the inevitable American invasion. This was a time when the media used to be on our side.

This is why having a large Navy is important and Obama is an idiot. Sure having a smaller number of ships equipped with the best equipment and armament money can buy is fine and good if you're a naive twit. But there are just too many scenarios in too many places around the globe that could render a tiny Naval force inadequate and insufficient to excerpt the necessary and overwhelming firepower needed to get America's point across to her enemies.

JarHead17
10-27-2012, 12:12 AM
That was the Libertyship SS John Burke. Struck by a Kamakaze. all aboard gave their full measure. RIP warriors of the sea.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMs4IJQVRYM

ozpowermo
10-27-2012, 01:40 PM
@chiga619 FACE-PALM! Do you understand how outdated a battleship is these days? You do understand that the reason we won against the Japanese in WWII is because of aircraft carriers not battleships, right? The US has two times more carriers than all of the countries in the world combined! How much bigger do you think our Navy needs to get?

Hellfreeza
10-27-2012, 07:26 PM
soundtracks fit perfect. Track ID's please?

chiga619
10-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Wow Oz, are you so naive to think that the worlds oceans are NOT strategic enough to protect and command in the event of a large scale conventional war (or two)? You can't cover it all (efficiently) with the further proposed cuts that are being considered to our Naval forces. Without a strong Navy (both in firepower and overwhelming numbers) you run the risk of isolating deployed forces with no means of adequate re-supply. Like I said the oceans are vast, and the sea lanes many, a tiny Naval force would be rendered ineffective in a large-scale conventional war.

There are other ships needed in the Navy besides Aircraft Carriers, sorry to burst your bubble...attack vessels are only a small piece of the Naval pie. Troop transports, Supply ships, and other Merchant ships are just as important. If you can't carry the necessary supplies in the great numbers needed to effectively carry out military operations abroad, then you will lose not only battles, you will also lose wars.

I like having a Naval force that can cover two great oceans at the same time, with enough in reserve to still protect the homeland. I definitely sleep better at night knowing that there isn't another superpower out there (yet) that is capable of dominating us (even at current strength), and I'd like to keep it that way for generations to come.

chiga619
10-28-2012, 03:01 AM
As far as your face palm goes, yes I understand how outdated Battleships are, but I guess you don't. Because there are no battleships in active Naval service. They've ALL been decommissioned, mothballed, scrapped or turned into monuments and/or museums back in the 90's. FACE-PALM!

ozpowermo
10-29-2012, 09:26 PM
@chiga619 I would definitely sleep better if my family was riding around in tanks instead of cars. I would hardly ever worry about them running into a ditch, hitting a utility pole, or getting hit by a drunk driver. However, I'm on a budget and I can't afford a tank... so if I want all the safety that money can buy for a reasonable price, then I'd get a Volvo.

I'm perfectly aware that we don't have any battleships, I was concerned that you might not be aware of that fact tho or you perhaps that you don't know why we don't have them anymore. The point I'm making is that the entire world has 7 billion people and 300 million of us have a naval carrier and support fleet two times bigger than the other 6.7 billion ALL TOGETHER.

Alaska is pretty vast too, but we don't have the same number of police officers in Alaska as in New York, precisely because the threat concentration is not evenly distributed. You don't need to patrol every square inch of the ocean in order to ensure supply route safety. Note that only about half of the carriers are being used at the same time, the other half can be deployed within 60-90 days. If we had such a shortcoming in naval security, don't you think that the other half would be actively deployed too? It seems that the US Navy is achieving its goals with merely half of it's full power.

Bigfoot13
09-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Some died before their objective, Some died as gloriouse Victors, but all of them died as the most Bravest Men who lived on our Planet, I salute them all! R.I.P. ~S~

louielopez
08-01-2014, 01:55 AM
Chiga, this is the first time i've seen video of that particular ammo ship getting hit. Holy Shit is right. That did look like a submerged nuke going off. That's why I always told guys not to worry about if something on board went off, because unless they were looking at it when it happened, they would never know it. In four plus years on my ammo ship the USS Mt. Baker, we definitely saw some shit. A time or two, we really were fortunate that nothing went off. And definitely saw that with thermal protection on bombs, and fuses that must be installed, along with arming sequences needed for specials and conventional missiles, we did not also become one of the largest temporary holes in the ocean.