PDA

View Full Version : VOTE HERE: Want us to move the page back to the old format until all bugs are fixed?

Stark
10-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Apaches,

We received a lot of feedback of individual members that seem to all have their individual problems with the new page, some like HBK seem to have issue with the uploading, others seem to have problems submitting all together - at this given time we are investigating all potential problems and do our best to fix them.

We have however lost some valuable members and there is a sense of urgency in the AC staff team, some members believe that it would be of importance to move back to the old page until we have all bugs fixed.

The below vote is not going to determine the outcome of this decision but we would like to know how you all feel about this.

REMEMBER: MOVING BACK TO THE OLD PAGE IS ONLY GOING TO BE ON A TEMPORARY BASIS!!!

SATX
10-24-2012, 08:30 PM
I had issues trying to vote in this poll. When I clicked the 'vote here' link on the main page under the announcement, it just reloaded half the page with the same announcement and the 'vote here' link, but I also got an invalid link error message below that.

To vote, I had to access The Pit, open the thread, then vote in the poll. Just a heads up.......

serpa6
10-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Myself as a Mod It is easier for me to go through the pages comments vids forums etc etc.
But if it keeps the members happy then I voted yes to move back that is the only reason. Before my work load was say maybe 3 hours the new page cuts in half with just moving from section to section.
The uploads and comments are the main problem with the new site I myself had no problems uploading at all why? I am still trying to find that out I don't know if I am using updated codec's or the older version for uploads I upload alot from YouTube My down loader, I don't now if its a older version they had or the newer one that can be an issue to.

coltsfan2007
10-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I voted no, because I came in to join this group late June, so I really do not know a lot about the old site. I do agree about the up-loads on this site. I am still waiting as I type for my last one to be up loaded from this morning and the comment issue sucks, because I value the comments that I receive, so I know maybe what to up load and what is not really a hit right now. Also, for some reason I can not log into the old site. I think we should keep this site and suck it up and work through the bugs together as a community. I have personally taken a real liking to this site. I plan on becoming a supporter after I struggle through the up and coming holidays. Sorry I can not until then, but after then you will have my full support- ROCK ON A.C. :USA:

coltsfan2007
10-24-2012, 10:42 PM
P.S.............
While we are voicing our opinons, spell check would be a nice add on. :evilgrin:

GlenUK
10-25-2012, 10:42 AM
I say give it chance and the coder time to iron out the bugs. ie: comment spamming.
I saw someone mention the look of the old page and in a way i agree with them but the site functions as it is and people shouldnt be so critical.
The upload issue is priority imo as fresh daily content is whats expected and disgruntled uploaders will effect quantity and quality.
You can expect a donation from me again this month....

Thanks stark and the staff.

bu187
10-25-2012, 12:16 PM
as a UPLOADER..... i got big problems with the new page.

HooterBro
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Will those of us who have joined from this new forum need to re-register at the old one?

eaglethebeagle
10-25-2012, 03:33 PM
I like either version but going back to the green AC would bring back fond memories for sure. I miss the good ol days sometimes.

SgtJim
10-26-2012, 05:37 AM
yep, going back to the old working version
until everything's fixed
uploads are the most important things here....

im always here to help (as you now Stark) just ask me
if i can help somehow

and yes, first of all all new registrants need to be migrate to the old database

gutro
10-26-2012, 10:23 AM
I can't speak for the behind the scenes aspect such as being a mod, but all-in-all as a user I find the new site frustrating. I am not a fan of the fit form or function. I don't like the layout, too many bugs and it just doesn't feel right. I personally saw nothing wrong with the old site and IMO, if it ain't broken don't fix it. I say we go back to the old site..... permanently.

MICHAEL WITTMANN
10-27-2012, 07:32 AM
I vote YES

mickk
10-29-2012, 02:57 AM
I believe the change was for a commercial reason, cant argue with that.

I have been on boards for years, some have gone through 4 makeovers, you live with them.

However this change just sucks. The format just doesnt suit this site, theres too many uploads for it to work as the creators intended. I know one poor member made three videos, and they were lost because someone blanketed the new upload page with a load of old crap. On the old page, this wouldnt be a problem, because you could troll through all recent posts from the front page. Try searching for recent posts that are not the 12 latest displayed on the front page and you go insane.

If you can find the categories link on the front page, you go to a page that doesnt even have dates of videos on it, you cant tell what is new unless you go into each one. It goes on and on, its just not user friendly. I spent an hour on a video, uploaded, had no idea if it would post, checked next morning, gone into history, must have been a recent item for 6 hours max, more likely 5.

Anway its all evident from the drop offs, the lack of responses, votes, comments etc. Pretty sad really. I cant give any more to this site the way it is now.

To top it off, everyone lost all their hard work to the old site. Years of effort gone.

And having to login twice each fucking time is just a fucking joke.

sapper99
10-31-2012, 09:08 PM
even the vote here buttons had enough, its 404'in me

snakedog
11-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Hell no!!! "Rome wasn't built in a day".
Do not fear "Change"...
Let's all just keep finding & posting media & I'm sure we will get where we want to be all in good time...
LONG LIVE A.C.com...

Snakedog

hbk_85
12-15-2012, 12:21 AM
I love the Old Green lay out and all it's features.The New Layout is okay but The Old Green Layout has been my Favorite. The Red/White Layout before that was also Nice.

Being a member of this Site for a long time I felt really sad when AC went off. I hope We can enjoy the apacheclips as before.

JJ
12-17-2012, 04:30 AM
(Confirmed)

GraveDigger
12-17-2012, 06:18 AM
yes me 2!!!big problens.....
as a UPLOADER..... i got big problems with the new page.