PDA

View Full Version : Almost all of my posts from yesterday just disappeared.

SATX
10-12-2012, 06:07 PM
Threads I responded to and threads I started never appeared. As a FNG, is there some delay to review for content? I don't want to repost and doouble up on my comments. THX :thumbsup:

ErisKillton
10-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Can you please link me to a thread you replied to in which your reply has dissapeared.

Thank you

SATX
10-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Can you please link me to a thread you replied to in which your reply has dissapeared.

Thank you

Sure thing. I also have been having a hard time logging into the site. I keep getting this error message after typing in my username & password.

Invalid Redirect URL (http://apacheclips.com/boards/home.php)

It then redirects me back to the log in screen. I have to log in 5 or 6 times before it takes.

PS

I just discovered that if I click the 'remember me' box, it will allow me to log in the first time.

SATX
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM

Thank you

Here you go.

I made a comment in here about how sick I was of hearing all these guys screaming about snackbars...

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?16473-Video-Rebel-mob-attacking-Security-forces-compound&highlight=

I made a comment in regards to someone else I knew from Wisconsin and posted a link and pics.

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?16481-Long-time-lurker

I posted twice in this thread about showing our hardware.

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?14165-Apaches-Post-your-Armament!!!!

I posted a pic or two of myself

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?5617-What-do-we-look-like-Post-your-pic!

There is another one, but it escapes me at the moment.

Thanks again.

SATX

ErisKillton
10-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Seems they all showed up. Did stark fix this for you? Or did you have to reupload the pics? Apologies if I kind of dropped the ball. No there is no approval needed to post. Your comment in the threads still aren't showing... Could of been a server glitch that day or summat.

Anyhow glad the issue is "somewhat" resolved. Those are some great pics. Pm me if you have the same problems again.

SATX
10-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Seems they all showed up. Did stark fix this for you? Or did you have to reupload the pics? Apologies if I kind of dropped the ball. No there is no approval needed to post. Your comment in the threads still aren't showing... Could of been a server glitch that day or summat.

Anyhow glad the issue is "somewhat" resolved. Those are some great pics. Pm me if you have the same problems again.

Nope, I just reposted them after 4 or 5 days of not seeing them show up.

Still having a hell of a time trying to log into the site. It takes 7 or 8 tries before it works.

jamieooh
10-21-2012, 07:40 PM
SATX
When you are trying to log in are you logging in to the video page? Also do you have the remember me checked on?
The next time you try to log in and you are having trouble click on the forum tab and see if you are logged in after that.
I'm betting you will be logged in.

SATX
10-21-2012, 07:49 PM
SATX
When you are trying to log in are you logging in to the video page? Also do you have the remember me checked on?
The next time you try to log in and you are having trouble click on the forum tab and see if you are logged in after that.
I'm betting you will be logged in.

Nope, I try to log in using the Member Log In area at the top right of the main page, right after accessing the site by typing 'www.apacheclips.com' into my internet browser. (Internet Explorer) The log in page and graphics will stop loading half way through, with the message to "Click here if your browser doesn't automatically redirect you".

Even after entering my log in name and password, and selecting the 'remember me' box, I still have to try a number of times before it takes. It's only mildly annoying, as I get on eventually.

jamieooh
10-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Do you use any other browsers?
Do you have IE remember your password? If so click directly on the forum tab after the homepage opens.

serpa6
10-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Nope, I try to log in using the Member Log In area at the top right of the main page, right after accessing the site by typing 'www.apacheclips.com' into my internet browser. (Internet Explorer) The log in page and graphics will stop loading half way through, with the message to "Click here if your browser doesn't automatically redirect you".

Even after entering my log in name and password, and selecting the 'remember me' box, I still have to try a number of times before it takes. It's only mildly annoying, as I get on eventually.
Satx I think you are logged in already just when you come to the page it looks like your not logged in, do not put you user name and password in the loging boxes just hit the forums tab I will bet you are logged in already that is why you are having problems

whiteraven
10-22-2012, 01:16 AM
I have the same Invalid Redirect come up everytime I log in but when I look up the top I am logged in so I go straight to my own profile and go from there. I don't know if it would redirect me back to log in as don't give it a chance

ErisKillton
10-22-2012, 07:33 AM
I will bring these issues to Starks attention ASAP and see if I can give you guys some answers. SATX are your comments all showing up properly now?

HooterBro
10-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds to me like SATX has a corrupted browsing history. Cookies are likely corrupted. I would suggest clearing all browsing data to include cookies.

Please read the entire post before doing anything.

If you are using the most up to date IE, Internet Explorer 9, tap ALT and X at the same time on your keyboard.

Click on "Internet Options". Under "Browsing History", click on the "Delete" button. In the box that pops up, UNCHECK "Preserve Favorites Website Data" then make sure the ARE Check Marks in all the others except "Form Data" and "ActiveX Filtering and Tracking Protection Data". Then, click on the "Delete" button. It will delete all of the cookies and other junk from your browsing history and dump you back to the "Internet Options" dialog box. Click "OK" and then exit from IE.

Restart IE and come back to the forums. Login from the Forums page, click on the "Remember Me" box and if you so desire, have IE remember your login/password.

Any other forums and/or websites that require a login will now require that you enter that login data again.

A couple of quick suggestions on how to setup your browser. I would PREFER you use Firefox, but if you are comfortable with IE, then that's your prerogative. If you wish to use Firefox but do not know how to set it up, let me know and I will walk you through my Firefox setup routine that will make your browsing the Internet one hell of a lot safer than IE9 can do.

1. If you stick with IE9, and you have saved all of your passwords and login info via the browser itself, make SURE you know all of your stored passwords for each site you normally visit. If you cannot remember them, the easiest thing to do is go into your settings for each site and change to a new password. Recovering/viewing your passwords in IE9 is a tricky bitch and requires the use of third-party programs which for me personally, is too much of a security risk.

2. Follow my directions above to delete all cookies and other browsing data, making sure you have all your passwords handy prior to doing so.

2. Once you have all of your passwords in hand (I know I'm stating that a lot), go to the top of the IE browser window and open a new tab for EACH site you plan on logging into. To open a new tab, either tap CTRL and T at the same time or, look at the open tab up top and click the smallish, translucent looking box next to it. Open a new tab for EACH site you regularly visit and login, if required. Allow the website to redirect you to it's main page after logging in with each tab.

3. Once you're done with all your websites, once again, tap ALT and X, then click on "Internet Options". On the General tab, which should be displayed, click on "Use Current".

Now, the next time you open IE, all of your normally visited websites will open up in their own tabs and you should be logged into any site that requires a login.

I apologize in advance if you already knew most of this. Just trying to help out.

EDIT: I meant to include this picture of what a browser looks like with multiple tabs open:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/tfb69/Misc/FirefoxTabs.jpg

SATX
10-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Satx I think you are logged in already just when you come to the page it looks like your not logged in, do not put you user name and password in the loging boxes just hit the forums tab I will bet you are logged in already that is why you are having problems

Not sure about that. When I do get logged in, at the top of the screen it will say Welcome SATX,, Notifications, Profile, Settings, etc..

Until I can see that, I can't make any posts. If I try to respond in a thread after just accessing the web site without trying to log in, it takes me to a screen that says I am not logged in, don't have authority to post, etc... and will provide me with another set of boxes to input my screen name and password.

SATX
10-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Sounds to me like SATX has a corrupted browsing history. Cookies are likely corrupted. I would suggest clearing all browsing data to include cookies.

Please read the entire post before doing anything.

If you are using the most up to date IE, Internet Explorer 9, tap ALT and X at the same time on your keyboard.

Click on "Internet Options". Under "Browsing History", click on the "Delete" button. In the box that pops up, UNCHECK "Preserve Favorites Website Data" then make sure the ARE Check Marks in all the others except "Form Data" and "ActiveX Filtering and Tracking Protection Data". Then, click on the "Delete" button. It will delete all of the cookies and other junk from your browsing history and dump you back to the "Internet Options" dialog box. Click "OK" and then exit from IE.

Restart IE and come back to the forums. Login from the Forums page, click on the "Remember Me" box and if you so desire, have IE remember your login/password.

Any other forums and/or websites that require a login will now require that you enter that login data again.

A couple of quick suggestions on how to setup your browser. I would PREFER you use Firefox, but if you are comfortable with IE, then that's your prerogative. If you wish to use Firefox but do not know how to set it up, let me know and I will walk you through my Firefox setup routine that will make your browsing the Internet one hell of a lot safer than IE9 can do.

1. If you stick with IE9, and you have saved all of your passwords and login info via the browser itself, make SURE you know all of your stored passwords for each site you normally visit. If you cannot remember them, the easiest thing to do is go into your settings for each site and change to a new password. Recovering/viewing your passwords in IE9 is a tricky bitch and requires the use of third-party programs which for me personally, is too much of a security risk.

2. Follow my directions above to delete all cookies and other browsing data, making sure you have all your passwords handy prior to doing so.

2. Once you have all of your passwords in hand (I know I'm stating that a lot), go to the top of the IE browser window and open a new tab for EACH site you plan on logging into. To open a new tab, either tap CTRL and T at the same time or, look at the open tab up top and click the smallish, translucent looking box next to it. Open a new tab for EACH site you regularly visit and login, if required. Allow the website to redirect you to it's main page after logging in with each tab.

3. Once you're done with all your websites, once again, tap ALT and X, then click on "Internet Options". On the General tab, which should be displayed, click on "Use Current".

Now, the next time you open IE, all of your normally visited websites will open up in their own tabs and you should be logged into any site that requires a login.

I apologize in advance if you already knew most of this. Just trying to help out.

EDIT: I meant to include this picture of what a browser looks like with multiple tabs open:

http://i679.photobucket.com/albums/vv155/tfb69/Misc/FirefoxTabs.jpg

I don't think it's my browser history. Under IE's Tool's options, I have it set up to automatically delete my browser history, cookies, temporary internet files, passwords, etc... I have all my programs set up to automatically update so I am using the most current version of Explorer. As well, I use System Mechanic Pro V.11 and run a deep scan every other day to ensure the system is operating at peak performance with no system clutter, loss of memory, hard drive or registry issues, etc... That is in addition to the processes I have System Mechanic running on start up on a daily basis.

As long as I can eventually log on, it's all good. I'd rather not have this site or Prochan automatically open up. I don't want to explain to the wife why I am looking at some of the pretty graphic stuff posted about what's going on in Syria......