PDA

View Full Version : VP debate

mrfrosty
10-11-2012, 10:42 PM

BrendenF11
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
So then what was Bidens out of context claim? I know he made a few, however seeing as you said both canidates were both full of BS and taking each other out of context what was Bidens? You only highlighted Ryans.

Sixx
10-11-2012, 11:02 PM
xbox 360 live
Majority of xboxlive users cant even vote.

lol

Mr.TV,
How old are you?

Do you even have a fucking job?

Ryan smoked lamo Biden, clear as day.
However they are both paid for....and both suck.

Time to bring America back.
Flush all these boated turds.

I'm pretty sure this is the lowest point in our political history.
You still think your vote counts? How did Bush get reupped for a 2nd?
Wasn't legit...that'sfor sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

mrfrosty
10-11-2012, 11:17 PM

Sixx
10-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Psych its alot better on the 360,
THERES NO ANNOYING ASS LOGOS!!

and brenden just wait until the press tears both of them apart.
im more concerned that during the live polling 80% said they want closer ties with Russia...
http://i.qkme.me/3px8cc.jpg

also the name Mr.TV is inaccurate since I watch stuff mostly on the PC through hulu, youtube and other similar sites.

Aww C'mon,

It's still TV shows
It's just ported over.

Mr.TV
You base life from TV shows and other garbage.
Have you not ventured out and been around the world?
You know, first-hand experiences?

mrfrosty
10-11-2012, 11:36 PM

Sixx
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
^^

All jokes, insults, and douchebaggery from me aside.......

Mr.frosty, how have you benefited from our current Administration?
As for me...I cannot think of one single thing that has helped me out.

Also you did not mention your age bracket? Approximately how old are you?

Are you Upper Class?
Middle
Lower
or no class?

BrendenF11
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
The "press" is blatantly bias for either party, MSNBC liberal, Fox conservative, CNN liberl (while I still say they are the most balanced, most of their hosts are certainly liberal) any newspaper medium is generally liberal. I would take the words of the press in the United States today with a grain of salt and some jalapeno peppers in my eyes. Instead I prefer to read the legislation, bills, and debates as they are stated, then I don't need the press to make a choice for me I can make my own.

So my question still stands, what did you feel that Biden took out of context? Trust me there were a few, and I am not a republican by anymeans keep in mind. I just think that United States politics should be under a microscope from both sides of the aisle, and pointing out one parties falacy without pointing out the others, when you should be completely capable of doing so, wouldn't represent any kind of arguement and only represent a bias.

Sixx
10-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Instead I prefer to read the legislation, bills, and debates as they are stated, then I don't need the press to make a choice for me I can make my own.

100% right
and that's the way it should be done.

mrfrosty
10-11-2012, 11:57 PM

Sixx
10-12-2012, 12:03 AM
^^
Thanks for the answer.
And I agree with your last comment

Also keep in mind that there are Democrats that believe in Creation as well and are extremely devout Christians.
I'm thinking that is a people issue...not political.

just like there are Democrats that are extremely racist and are klan members.
Slavery, segregation was also supported by democrats along with other political affiliations as well.

You just have to filter through the bullshit to see the truth.

BrendenF11
10-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Fair enough, as long as you're honest and state it I certainly can't disagree with your thoughts.

"I am biased, as someone who rejects religion seeing the republican party being taken over by religious nuts who outright reject science makes me wanna throw up."

I am not biased towards either party, however this is the absolute main reason I could not vote for the republican party. I consider myself catholic, although they may have some issues with me saying that, however it is the religion I believe in with my personal life. Now the issue of religion should be mute, and not even mentioned when it comes to politics. Thats why I don't like the republican party, religion is involved in their choices of governing a country. The foundation of this country is a seperation of church and state, the constitution dictates that and enforces it on every level. I believe in an individuals choice of faith, just not interjected into the governance of its people.

mrfrosty
10-12-2012, 12:27 AM

jamieooh
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
mrfrosty have you looked into the libertarian party?
I thought Biden was very Juvenal.

HooterBro
10-12-2012, 10:23 AM
Thats why I don't like the republican party, religion is involved in their choices of governing a country. The foundation of this country is a seperation of church and state, the constitution dictates that and enforces it on every level. I believe in an individuals choice of faith, just not interjected into the governance of its people.

When some folks say "Separation of Church and State", they believe this means all religious beliefs, symbols, scriptures, etc...should be removed from all government grounds and that people who work for the government should never be allowed to express their religious beliefs while at work nor make any official decisions based on those beliefs. I've personally seen a woman get fired from the Pentagon secretarial pool for saying, "God Bless you and have a nice day." If this is your belief, then I'm going to respectfully disagree.

In reality, if you have read the Constitution and our Bill of Rights, as well as the letters, drafts, annotations and notes of their authors, you would see that the intent was to first off, create a country that would NEVER have an "official" religion or "national" religion and then, freedom of religion second. How can anyone think that our forefathers, who used Christianity and the mention of God throughout their official documents, meetings and all other areas of their lives, would mean for this to be seen as a separation of Church and State, baffles me.

England had/has a country wide religion and God help you if you didn't follow it. While the consequences of not aligning with the Church of England weren't as brutal in the 20th Century as they were when Queen Mary burned Protestants at the stake in 1553, NOT being aligned with, and known, in the Church of England could have serious repercussions for those living in the 20th Century. Business, banking, taxes, willingness of the local gov't to help in times of natural disasters, etc...were the method of discrimination at that time.

Britain had to "authorize" a religion before it could be "legally" practiced, ie..., have an official structure for services, etc. The men who founded this great Nation of ours didn't want any official religion to be set so Americans could practice whatever they believed in without interference from the government. Of course, that didn't change the fact that people being people, massive discrimination against non-Christian faiths was the norm.

As far as the debate goes, I think Biden has alienated the younger voting base as well as anyone else who believes that treating someone like shit and being completely arrogant and disrespectful to them is wrong.

mrfrosty
10-12-2012, 11:46 AM

Sixx
10-12-2012, 12:47 PM
^^
I agrees :D

However Marijuana prohibition runs deeper than morality.
Funny how a simple non-lethal plant can get you locked up for many years. Mandatory minimums for marijuana is cruel and unusual punishment.

BrendenF11
10-12-2012, 01:12 PM
As mrfrosty said.

I would like to touch on the issue of homosexual marriage. This is an absolutely perfect example of religion influencing the laws that govern our land, which equals the governance of the people. The republican party, generally, has a moral objection to the concept of gay marriage. So what, I have strong moral objections to homosexuality, I think it is vial and disgusting. However, I would never deny someone something that I can do. I would never say, I can do this but you can't because I personally object to what I think is imoral. That is just disgusting and damn near fascist, and the guidance comes strictly from the thought that their actions in the governance of a people should come from their religion.

In regards to banning religious text, and symbols from public areas. Yes, they should be. If it is a government funded building or operation there should be NO religious text or symbols, unless every religion on earth is represented equally. Ie the ten commandments outside of or in a school, should not be allowed. No ifs ands or buts about it.

While our founding fathers were christians no doubt about it, and the original texts and laws were writen from a more christian perspective, they were also extremely smart. They wrote our laws, that virtually every religion and group in the world considers to be a general guideline of law.

HooterBro
10-12-2012, 06:53 PM
As mrfrosty said.

I would like to touch on the issue of homosexual marriage. This is an absolutely perfect example of religion influencing the laws that govern our land, which equals the governance of the people. The republican party, generally, has a moral objection to the concept of gay marriage. So what, I have strong moral objections to homosexuality, I think it is vial and disgusting. However, I would never deny someone something that I can do. I would never say, I can do this but you can't because I personally object to what I think is imoral. That is just disgusting and damn near fascist, and the guidance comes strictly from the thought that their actions in the governance of a people should come from their religion.

In regards to banning religious text, and symbols from public areas. Yes, they should be. If it is a government funded building or operation there should be NO religious text or symbols, unless every religion on earth is represented equally. Ie the ten commandments outside of or in a school, should not be allowed. No ifs ands or buts about it.

While our founding fathers were christians no doubt about it, and the original texts and laws were writen from a more christian perspective, they were also extremely smart. They wrote our laws, that virtually every religion and group in the world considers to be a general guideline of law.

Well said. Bravo sir!

Clodius
10-12-2012, 09:22 PM
While our founding fathers were christians no doubt about it...

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.

The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
Thomas Paine

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
Thomas Paine

Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

It is not a God, just and good, but a devil, under the name of God, that the Bible describes.
Thomas Paine

Persecution is not an original feature in any religion; but it is always the strongly marked feature of all religions established by law.
Thomas Paine

Priests...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of the duperies on which they live.
-Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Correa de Serra, April 11, 1820