PDA

View Full Version : Conceal and carry, police officers.

BrendenF11
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7Ro-8hNIU&feature=relmfu

Great video on conceal and carry and how to deal with it when pulled over. I've only had to do this once. When he came up he said license and registration. I said "Roger Seargent." (noticing his rank). I said, " Seargent before I move I want you to know that I have a permit to carry, and I do have my .45 on me right now." He said thank you asked me to hand the weapon over with my left hand, I handed it to him. He then placed it on top of my truck, asked to see my license, permit, and registration. Gave them to him, he gave me a verbal warning, thanked me again and I was on my way.

HooterBro
10-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I've been pulled over once in my 2011 Mustang GT for speeding. As soon as the officer approached, he asked for my license and registration. I said, "Officer, I have a weapon in my center console and a license to carry. My wallet and my registration is in the same compartment. What would you like me to do?"

I had my hands on the wheel, had already turned off my car, and lowered both windows.

He simply asked me to slowly remove my wallet and registration and to not make any sudden moves. I said, "Well officer, since no one is shooting at me today, my moves will be quite slow so as to keep you from getting upset with me."

We both chuckled a bit and I gave him my info. He still wrote me a ticket for speeding, but he was quite cool about the whole thing.

The thing is, if you aren't stupid, don't have a criminal background associated with your tag, aren't confrontational but at the same time, are well versed on your 2nd Amendment Rights and confident without being arrogant, police officers are going to show you a lot of respect. About the same amount you show them.

When I have an issue with a cop that requires me to be confrontational because the cop is a fucking idiot who thinks he rules the world he's living in, I make sure my weapon is already in his/her hands. And God help them, they had BETTER know more about the law than I do. So far, I've not yet met a cop who did.

I am not going to jail for any fucking reason. I rather die than do that and I guarantee you, not many cops out there know more about a physical confrontation and how to handle yourself than I do. Just another one of those boxes a good American should check.

gazzthompson
10-12-2012, 04:05 AM
I'm fascinated about conceal/open carry, we can't do it here (well technically we can, if the weapon unloaded and we are going to a gunshop/shooting range but if you're in a built up area someone will call the police and you will get a visit from armed response unit and its not worth the hassle).

Many of my fellow brits simply don't understand it, I actually really like The idea. Though I would be more partial to the Czech model.

BrendenF11
10-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Things are a bit different here too gazz. Where I live city size is around 7000 people, which is a lot. Nearest town is 6 miles away with a pop of 650. There are 4 other towns before I get to anything that is larger than 10000 people, those four towns are 850 down to 65 people. So I carry my.45 for personal protection, but the main reason I wanted my conceal and carry was so I could throw my little .22LR/.22Mag Ruger single six in the counsel to dispatch varmits and the like. I'm a big hunter, and believe in the ethical treatment of animals and all living things. So when I hit a coon or a possum, I'll make sure it is dispatched before I move on my way. It's a simple thing, but an absolutely great thing to have when you need it.

I also like it for when I go to the big city for any reason just for the personal protection issue of it. It's only once a year at the most, still feel better with it when I have my god child or fiance with me.

Mel
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
So when I hit a coon, I'll make sure it is dispatched before I move on my way.

WHAT?!!!! :eusa_doh: Your missing out on some good eat'n there son. ;)

HooterBro
10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
WHAT?!!!! :eusa_doh: Your missing out on some good eat'n there son. ;)

Yep! And already tenderized too!