PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking... again

goinloco1
10-06-2012, 01:08 AM
my deployment in o3 before heading to Iraq we did at Carson. Anyone that has deployed also knows how much time is spent on the range.
We were finally doing our live fire and ended up using a range with two man foxholes. Lucky me got stuck with the 203 gunner. This range happened to have a couple old trucks set up that could be winched across and everything went well untill that point of course. Here comes a truck across the range and he racked a round and set to take a shot. let me explain a little something first, a live grenade round takes 4 revolutions after exiting the barrel to arm and the bright orange chalk rounds dont. Anyway he set up resting the 203 on a sandbag (anyone with a clue where this is going?), pulled the trigger, and i could suddenly neither see nor breath. Line judge told us cease fire your both dead and were removed from the hole while someone else took it over.
Meanwhile here I am covered in orange chalk dust head to toe because dumbass neglected to ensure nothing was obstructing the 203s tube, which the sandbag did slightly about 3" forward of it. As I said, powder rounds immediately explode on impact with anything.
Lesson learned that day... make sure dumbass next to you actually knows how to operate the weapon, a 203 never gets leaned against anything when being fired.
Powder rounds also taste like shit.