PDA

View Full Version : Taliban ambushes Infantry patrol - Kunar Province Afghanistan

bu187
09-26-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/333_30169.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1137) Quote from the soldier in this video!!!

" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

Credits: BigDaddyInfantryBluehttp://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=1137)

Hellfreeza
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
@1:59 my heart beat stopped for a second.

for me as a soldier, it is very hard to watch videos like this one.

open field, no cover this fuckin sucks. and you can clearly hear his helplessness.

bu187
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote from the soldier in this video!!!

" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

dillen
09-26-2012, 04:09 PM
damm fuck.

Hellfreeza
09-26-2012, 04:12 PM
thanks bu for the info.
horrible video, but this is what it looks like living in a war zone. i hope this soldier has recovered well.

atrox6661
09-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Crazy video bad call to get out in the open like that.

gauthier
09-26-2012, 05:42 PM
I hope he is really ok now.

Elevenbravo87
09-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Holy shit!

When them rounds started impacting near him it caused my asshole to pucker up and my palms got sweaty.

laxaddict992
09-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Jesus christ thats crazy. Im glad hes OK.

DK18
09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Angel on his side that day. God Speed and hope he recovers.

hadrian1
09-26-2012, 08:49 PM
no radio, no cover, open field, easy target, whats thinking?

wej3
09-26-2012, 09:08 PM
hate to monday morning quarterback but that was stupid as fuck to move out into the open. want your squad to get to safety? put out accurate suppressive fire.

noob
09-26-2012, 10:32 PM
COMMENT FROM YOUTUBE

What an idiot. As a former army scout, let me just evaluate this guy. Runs, correction walks, into enemy fire with no cover in sight. Reloads in the open. Gets shot in the vest, obvious by the fact that it knocks him on his ass because a penetrating hit won't do that. Yells I'm hit like its a game instead of evaluating his injury(or lack thereof) and picking up his weapon (with nothing tethering it to his body to prevent just this) and moving from where the enemy just proved he can hit you.

Bad Company
09-26-2012, 10:52 PM
all i can say is wow

Hooves_mcg
09-27-2012, 12:50 AM
I believe he said in a statement that he went out in the open to draw fire for his squad to maneuver. If thats the case he is a fuckin hero. But man the Monday mornin QB's are hilarious. When rounds start flying constructive thought tends to fly right out the window and instinct takes over. I would love to see that You tube commenter handle a bunch of 7.62 cracking at his feat. I bet his call of duty experience will take over...lol

agedob
09-27-2012, 08:03 AM
This guy starts off on top of a ridge and heads f/down towards the fire what the fuck was he thinking

whiteraven
09-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Yep..wow. I'm siting on the lounge screaming He's HIT!!! Hope he's alright

Sixx
09-27-2012, 11:10 AM
No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
~George S. Patton

This dude had a deathwish. He was drawing fire away from his squad? Now who has to go get this soldier to safety and render aid?

CuChi
09-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Yes, this is Monday AM QBing, but he was daft. They quickly zeroed in on him which should have been warning enough that he was in trouble.
I would also query why his patrol leader didn't tell him to stop, but he could well have been busy saving his own arse!

VERBEZ
09-27-2012, 02:21 PM
:) this must be joke. He separated himself from combat group. He enndangers himself and his squad. Hi ran straight down on openspace like duck on shooting range. He didnt know from where fire is comming up. When you are pinned down you get low, defend closest perimeter and calling support. But it is easy to comment from warm seat in front of PC. Why the fuck they do not have transmitters????? 21st century and guy wants to go battle without comm? Good to hear that guy survived.

reiyezza
09-27-2012, 04:45 PM
*READ* From the cameraman:

finack
09-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Wow... that looked totally suicidal. Glad he's alright. One lucky bastard. They had him dialed in judging from all the rounds kicking up around him. It's like he was in shock or something to break cover, run downhill with no cover, knowing the rounds are coming from directly across the way.

USMC81-85
09-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Everybodys so damn critical. Not this guys fault! Was his training. He clearly was confused on what to do next. He should have been in robotron mode. (Taking fire! Find Cover! Locate my squad! Locate enemy! Suppress incoming fire!) should have been instinctive if he was trained right, but this poor guy was just lost and freaking out

lucas503
09-30-2012, 12:02 AM
shit is he alone, where are his men? i hope he got out of there alright.

Devious187
10-06-2013, 11:02 AM
That was crazy,wasn't expecting this...