PDA

View Full Version : Mother arrested for letting kids play outside.

BrendenF11
09-22-2012, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB0xWs4GVFk

This is amazingly stupid. I was running around in fields and miles away from home when I was 6 yrs old, no kind of super vision what so ever. When I heard the dinner bell I would go home for supper or lunch.

jamieooh
09-22-2012, 04:00 PM
There must be more to this story (I hope). Kids should be outside being active.
Brenden me to . I was always outside playing in caves , damming up a creek so I could swim or just hiking over nearly 500 acres my grandparents owned or took care of for a neighbor. I was on the go so much my dad wanted my mom to take me to the doctor because he thought I was too skinny.
now look at kids today.

mrfrosty
09-22-2012, 04:11 PM
the officer was just doing what he was supposed to,
he received a complaint and had to follow through with the city's stupid law.

I'm guessing the neighbor got tired of the kids on her lawn or some crap like that.

Mel
09-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I agree with frosty,Not the cops fault.Just doing what the tax payers pay him to do.
And I would bet there's some animosity between these two neighbors.More to this story than we know.

BrendenF11
09-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm not blaming the cop at all, more the way people view the law. Although as an officer of the law, one of your jobs is to interact and maintain some semblance of peace in the community. A lot of times that means when you get a complaint you go to the scene resolve the issue on the spot and everyone goes about their merry way. Not show up and arrest someone simply.... Well just because.

l33pfrog
09-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Totally the fault of the cop. There is a well-established precedent in US law for enforcing laws selectively. It's something that police learn in their schooling. This clearly defeated the purpose of the law because the kids had their supervisor taken away from them.