PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Mel
09-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Why put these men in harms way with no way to defend them selves.

U.S. Marines defending the American embassy in Egypt were not permitted by the State Department to carry live ammunition, limiting their ability to respond to attacks like those this week on the U.S. consulate in Cairo.

Ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson “did not permit U.S. Marine guards to carry live ammunition,” according to multiple reports on U.S. Marine Corps blogs spotted by Nightwatch. “She neutralized any U.S. military capability that was dedicated to preserve her life and protect the US Embassy.”

U.S. officials have yet to confirm or comment on the reports. Timemagazine’s Battleland blog reported Thursday “Senior U.S. officials late Wednesday declined to discuss in detail the security at either Cairo or Benghazi, so answers may be slow in coming.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/no-live-ammo-for-marines-at-embassy-in-cairo/?cat_orig=world

serpa6
09-13-2012, 09:53 PM
I ask the same question Mel. Why no ammo? Why no armed body guards?
Every one has them through out the world Why this did not need to happen I think we should retaliate by santioning a hit on some head of state that country supports terrorists Throw them in a hat and pick one But Obama has no balls
This woman should lose her job That is just like sending the President anywhere without the Secret Service I know Yah everyone will say good Idea Please refrain from it

MadeInRu
09-14-2012, 12:19 AM
That's a common practice in many EU armies as well. You'll be surprised, but that kind of shit even happens in Russia...

SgtJim
09-14-2012, 03:48 AM
heeeeeeeeeee?????????

is this a joke?

hire tons of mercenaries, i think CIA's got some good phone numbers .....

acf6
09-14-2012, 04:05 AM
NO LIVE AMMO!!!!! WTF!!!! Thats like here go ambush some terrorists but you cant use live ammo!! I worked with some army guys once and they told me they can't have a live round in the chamber of there beretta. I told them ask for a dam revolver at least then they don't have to jack a round in first!!This is why dumbass civilians shouldn't be allowed to make policy. The policy should be the same at every embassy and be made by the military leadership!!!

SgtJim
09-14-2012, 06:15 AM
Update via FOXNation:

**UPDATE** Further Marine spokesman at Pentagon Lt Col Chris Hughes says these reports are NOT true. This is on the record:
“The Ambassador and RSO have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB Cairo.”

cilerc
09-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I think that saying we don't have live ammo was just a tactic of war, say we have no live ammo they underestimate when they underestimate they will lose even if we are out numbered by 5000 men :USA: :USA: :USA: ;)

Hellfreeza
09-14-2012, 01:18 PM
This is why dumbass civilians shouldn't be allowed to make policy. The policy should be the same at every embassy and be made by the military leadership!!!

as a soldier i have to say: "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" ..... and i hate pilotics!

@acf6: I copy!

Mel
09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Update via FOXNation:

**UPDATE** Further Marine spokesman at Pentagon Lt Col Chris Hughes says these reports are NOT true. This is on the record:
“The Ambassador and RSO have been completely and appropriately engaged with the security situation. No restrictions on weapons or weapons status have been imposed. This information comes from the Det Commander at AMEMB Cairo.”

Good job Jim:thumbsup:
I saw this,and it pissed me off to no end.Glad to see it may not be true.