PDA

View Full Version : 9-11

shatto
09-11-2012, 10:23 PM
September 11, 2012.
I was driving the same highway from Benicia to Fairfield I was on when I heard the news reports of the attack.
Then, I was shocked and royally pissed-off.
I am no longer shocked.

BrendenF11
09-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I was sitting in advanced social studies, having seen a brief minute of the footage of the first building burning before I left for highschool. Next image I saw, and I followed military history and United States history intensively, was an F-15 flying over New York. I knew then we were at war and my fellow classmates would fight it, 29 including myself out of 198 have served since 2001 from my graduating class. Last I heard 8 served in Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan and two in both.

Hell of a day.

serpa6
09-11-2012, 11:18 PM
I lived in MA. and 2 days before, Me and my wife where almost killed in a car accident. I was home and so was she because of injuries sustained in that accident. I remember my friend calling me upstairs to his apartment, He had a day off He told me to come right away he had said to me.
That I would not belive what is happening. I will never forget his words. I went to his apt and seen on his big screen, what had happened to the frist tower, we where talking and then the second plane hit when we where watching.
I was like you have to be kidding me. Then they broke the news that the planes originated in Boston, I was really pissed After that day every person I looked at with a rag a scarf around there head was a terrorist and wanted to smoke them right there. I only started to feel better, when I had seen that Troops had been inserted in Afghanistan and where on the trail of the man responsible.

Years went on I started to feel better as a person. Then I had a buddy killed by a suicide bomber in Afghanistan Now it is like fuck this war, Glass the place and any place that harbors these assholes. I still feel that way, as I am writing this I will never forgive them for this day, these fucking asshole's Changed Me, my family, all Americans and the rest of the world live!!!!!!!!!!

acf6
09-11-2012, 11:47 PM
I was home in bed. My roomate at the time hollered for me. I came out and saw the second plane hit the tower on TV. I was devastated!! Me and him had both served, him with the US Army Rangers and me with the Navy reserves. We both contacted our work and volunteered to go to New York City to help if needed!!

MickDonalds
09-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Was sleeping on the couch, woke up, turned on the TV, and watched as a plane hit the second tower. My decision to join the Army was hastened from a 4 year down to a 2 year plan in an instant. I was going to join after college, but fuck that. Glad I didn't. Deployed to Iraq 3 different times for 12 or 13 months each and still finished college.

Just think of all those men that have just sat there for years... and how many now regret never joining and doing their part?

coltsfan2007
09-14-2012, 09:35 AM
I was up on catholic church doing a roofing tile repair job. It was a beautiful day in Florida. The GC came up and told me and my buddy that a plane had just hit one of the twin towers. I thought to myself, man I hope it is not bad and brushed it off, thinking it was a small plane. He came back up and told us a second plane had hit the other tower. I questioned him, because it just did not sound right, that is when he told us that they were passenger jets. I looked at my buddy and told him, I'm going to go down and turn on the radio in the truck and see if I can find anything out. I shit you not, as soon as I hopped up in the truck and turned on the radio, I heard, a plane just hit the pentagon. I thought, O' Fuck me, we are being attacked. We wrapped things up and quit for the day and went down to the local bar, (not to have a drink, but to watch the news to see what was going on) and that's when I saw the twin towers collapse. I am not afraid to admit this, but I have never seen so many grown men crying in one place.
I agree with you Mick, I wanted to re-enlist, but due to previous injuries I have to much titanium in my body, so the Army would not let me re-enlist. I felt cheated that I could not go and serve a cold plate of revenge to these bastards, but I am thankful that all my brothers and sisters in arms did go and make these people pay- God bless you and God bless America. :USA:

Clodius
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Just think of all those men that have just sat there for years... and how many now regret never joining and doing their part?

"...And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks..."

shatto
09-19-2012, 01:24 AM

My dad asked the Air Force to reactivate him from the reserves when the little dust up in Korea began. He said they asked how much jet time he had and when he reminded them we didn't fly jets in combat where he was in WW II they thanked him and sent him home.

By 2001, I had been out of the Army thirty one years so, in spite of the burn, I didn't even ask.

A lot of us have had to find other ways to serve. We managed to bring the economy back. That is something.
But I'd sure like to be in 'the box' with you.

MickDonalds
09-19-2012, 09:38 AM
My dad asked the Air Force to reactivate him from the reserves when the little dust up in Korea began. He said they asked how much jet time he had and when he reminded them we didn't fly jets in combat where he was in WW II they thanked him and sent him home.

By 2001, I had been out of the Army thirty one years so, in spite of the burn, I didn't even ask.

A lot of us have had to find other ways to serve. We managed to bring the economy back. That is something.
But I'd sure like to be in 'the box' with you.

There were TONS of guys who tried to come back, but were disqualified medically or because of age. TONS, from what my friend who is assigned to HRC (Human Resources Command-US ARMY) told me.