PDA

View Full Version : Iran’s navy aims to sail off U.S. shores soon

nastyleg
09-04-2012, 04:48 PM
The Associated Press
Posted : Tuesday Sep 4, 2012 8:47:59 EDT

TEHRAN, Iran — The head of Iran’s navy says the country aims to put its warships in international waters off the U.S. coast “in the next few years.”

The comments Tuesday from Admiral Habibollah Sayyari on state TV are part of Iran’s response to Washington’s beefed up naval presence in the Persian Gulf.

The U.S. Navy’s 5th fleet is based in Bahrain — across the gulf from Iran — and the U.S. plans maritime war games later this month.

Iran has made similar claims in the past that its ships could soon sail into international waters off the U.S. coast.

Tehran and Washington have been at odds over Tehran’s nuclear ambitions, which the West suspects are aimed at weapons. Iran denies the charge.

www.armytimes.com/news/2012/09/ap-irans-navy-aims-to-sail-off-us-090412/

atrox6661
09-04-2012, 06:39 PM
More empty words from Iran.

mrfrosty
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
remember their pictures of a US aircraft carrier?
they where doing highly advanced spying...

in a shitty plane that just about anyone could do.

BrendenF11
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
One emp and the east coast is toast, while I normally wouldn't mind that, it would be highly detrimental to the US as a nation. I just don't like New York.

I wouldn't put any kind of stock into Irans navy hovering around off the east or west coast anyway. Let them come and make a mistake, I'm pretty sure the navy can handle their little speed boats. The only thing I would be worried about would be a conex boxed S-300 loaded with a small nuke launched very high above the east or west coasts. Even then the government should have already taken out enough money to protect essential structures and infastructure.

MrFibbles
09-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Iranians could top 911, NYC with a nuclear bomb. Yeah, the police and rest of the government better get to work. We're not too far from another World War.

goinloco1
09-10-2012, 06:24 PM
the problem with them putting ships off the coast, and they know this, is they would be very isolated and one wrong move shit could hit the fan from many different directions and countries. basically its a known suicide mission at best.

MickDonalds
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Trust me in saying that Iran's 1940s Diesel Boat navy probably can't even make it to the Gulf of Mexico.

acf6
09-11-2012, 12:38 AM
Hey Brenden careful there bro I am from New York!!!!! lol I live in western NY tho not New York City! As for this haha I agree there navy probably cant even make it to the US.

cilerc
09-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Oh Iran you silly :rohan: if you are by the US coast that still means the UK could launch an attack as well as the US, it is a suicide mission at best as goinloco said. and that is a big :nono:

goinloco1
09-15-2012, 10:54 PM
one other thing I got to thinking about... they wouldn't have much for comms back to iran. they would be heavily monitored and easily jammed if needed. Not to mention we would have subs planted under their asses at all times.
They really couldn't be that dumb could they? I personally just can see absolutely no logic in doing something that can lose that many men over stupidity on some idiots part.

MickDonalds
09-16-2012, 12:08 AM
one other thing I got to thinking about... they wouldn't have much for comms back to iran. they would be heavily monitored and easily jammed if needed. Not to mention we would have subs planted under their asses at all times.
They really couldn't be that dumb could they? I personally just can see absolutely no logic in doing something that can lose that many men over stupidity on some idiots part.

ANY hardware or technological warfighting capability they have, we threw away as obsolete about 30 years ago. Trust me, in terms of communication and "smart" hardware, they're about 30 years behind us.

It's all Saber rattling because they are scared we have the US 5th Fleet in Bahrain and a whole bunch of Strategic Air Lift power in the region.

concrete pump
09-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I'm sure the Royal Navy will keep tabs on any seafaring goatfuckers that plan a trip across the Atlantic....

serpa6
09-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Just one torpedo spread from a Seawolf sub, would smoke most of there assets.
Does anyone think that there would not be a US, German, UK and Norwegian combined Wolf pack, waiting for them to even flinch. I hope they would Flinch :D
They would lose there entire fleet in 3 minutes about the time a torpedo takes to hit a ship at its farthest range :evilgrin: