PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romneys religion!

mrfrosty
09-03-2012, 12:05 AM

jamieooh
09-03-2012, 12:44 AM
this is why I have no use for religion
plus i saw the south park episode lol

nastyleg
09-03-2012, 02:25 AM
People freaked out when JFK was going to take office because he was a catholic. The thought was that since the Vatican controls all things catholic then they will control the US Government.

gazzthompson
09-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Isn't there something about magic underwear? Or am I tripping?

MickDonalds
09-03-2012, 10:46 AM
@OP: No poking fun at the Buddhists or Muslims, huh?

What's the matter? Can't be an equal opportunity asshole?

ErisKillton
09-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I just don't like Mormons coz they used to knock on my door at 8am on their bicycles and always looked like some kind of creepy evil twins.

Anyone who wakes me up when I'm not ready to wake up is on my shit list.
Especially if they ride bicycles.

mrfrosty
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM

MickDonalds
09-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Well then thank you for clarifying. If you're gonna bash Christianity, then you gotta bash Judaism, Mormonism, Islam, etc.

If you're gonna be an asshole, be a well rounded asshole/ :)

eaglethebeagle
09-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Well then thank you for clarifying. If you're gonna bash Christianity, then you gotta bash Judaism, Mormonism, Islam, etc.

If you're gonna be an asshole, be a well rounded asshole/ :)

Ahh but lets not forget to bash atheist too..... come on who wants to start?

mrfrosty
09-04-2012, 03:08 AM

Ronaldflanagan
09-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Mrfrosty how can you be this ill-informed and uneducated in this day and age of computers and instant knowledge. If you had taken the time to actually research this topic in the same 5 minutes it took you to make this post you could have posted something that had value and not made yourself look like a fool.

MrFibbles
09-07-2012, 03:24 PM
I like Mrfrosty's point of view, it makes clear sense. And I personally wont give in to any religion because I feel 'DEEPLY' it is not a legit thing. Your faith defines who you are, and I don't use religion to help prevail the world. I use my inner feel and belief, my instinct on how the world would be a better place. I do believe religion is good because it leads people to doing good things in life, and a very good set of guidelines. However, I also note that Religion is very un-realistic and completely metaphoric. You can make anything out of religion, let your fellow human brothers and sisters tell you what they think of scriptures. And say whether or not it is good to fuck a woman before marriage, ok... you can rely on religion for these things. These are good guidelines, but there is also something called common sense. I don't leave everything towards a mystical being to take care of me, I do it my self :D

mrfrosty
09-07-2012, 03:26 PM

MrFibbles
09-07-2012, 03:32 PM
As a whole, I like that you are taking the time to show some of this to people. I honestly just can't find my way around to believing religion, but these are interesting things you post.

Sixx
09-07-2012, 05:38 PM
No offense, but I just don't buy it.

Ronaldflanagan would you care to break down the underwear thing? I don't quite understand it.
No I'm not trying to troll you.

I equally dislike all forms of organized religion. Hell, when I think about it........I really hate the human race

Check these wacky & funny vids out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXcy1uaxXQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0pcEdE2C2o&feature=plcp

Religion vs religion
man vs man
Doomed species

Ronaldflanagan
09-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Pzychosixx thanks for your question. Believe me when i tell you i completely understand people distrusting organized religion especially when you are a student of history and see much of what religion is responsible for. I only ask that people try to view others beliefs with respect and portray them as they really are. If a person is so confident in confronting a religions teachings they shouldnt have to portray them in a negative, cynical way or outright false context as Mrfrosty has in this thread. As for the "sacred underwear" it is simply a garment we wear under our clothes similar to underwear. You start wearing them after you have become an adult and gone to our temple. In our temple we make promises with God to live a righteous life and remain loyal to our spouse. We wear the garment to remind us of the promises we made to God on that day. For instance one way i personally look at it, before I would be able to commit adultery I would have to take that garment off and when I did that, it would remind me that I made covenants to be loyal to my wife only. I hope that reminder would help me to make the decision to stay true to my covenants with God. I hope that answers your question sufficiently if you have more please let me know.

mrfrosty
09-08-2012, 02:18 AM

Ronaldflanagan
09-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Alright I'll take a stab at it.... First of all you claimed that "Joseph Smith was a convicted con-artist" Actually he was arrested and brought to trial 47 times by his enemies and was never found guilty. That should tell you something about his character. Not to mention the courts of his day werent exactly known for their impartial nature. He was harassed almost his entire adult life for his beliefs and because of what he claimed had happened to him.
You said "before 1978 it was impossible for black people to go to heaven." If it sounds ridiculous it probably isnt true. Mormons believe Jesus decides who goes to heaven and it isnt based on the color of your skin.
"it is a sin to drink anything with caffeine" It is not a sin to drink caffeine.
"there are secret passwords to get into heaven" As I said above we believe Jesus decides who goes to heaven.
"the church leader talks directly to God." This actually is true and what we believe. The church is led by a Prophet just as the ancient church was (like Abraham,Moses,Elijah etc.) and we believe he is led and is directed by God. However one of the churchs strongest beliefs is that of individual free will and choice. We also believe that every person should have a personal relationship with God and should find it within themselves what choices they should make in life. The other stuff you brought up is somewhat true but is used by Anti-Mormons to make us appear to be wierd/crazy. If you really have questions in those areas I'd be happy to answer them but the answers would be lengthier.
There are 14 million Mormons all around the world. You will meet some that are jerks and some that are cool just as you would with any other group of people. Generally speaking however most other Mormons that I have run into that genuinely live their religion are pretty decent and in fact great people.