PDA

View Full Version : CIA Drone Fires Two Hellfire Missiles at Taliban Madrassa in Waziristan, 25 Jihadists

Scott
05-17-2009, 02:40 PM
CIA Drone Fires Two Hellfire Missiles at Taliban Madrassa in Waziristan, 25 Jihadists Sent to Meet Allah...

CIA Drone Fires Two Hellfire Missiles at Taliban Madrassa in Waziristan, 25 Jihadists Sent to Meet Allah.....

May 16, 2009

The US has struck at Taliban and al Qaeda targets inside Pakistan's Taliban-controlled tribal agencies for the third time this week. Twenty-five Taliban and al Qaeda operatives are reported to have been killed and several more were wounded in an airstrike in North Wazir More..istan.

Predator strike aircraft fired two Hellfire missiles at a Taliban madrassa and a vehicle in the town of Khaisor, which is just outside of the town of Mir Ali, Geo News reported. The strike reportedly detonated an ammunition dump at the madrassa, causing a massive explosion. No senior al Qaeda or Taliban leaders have been reported killed.

The town of Mir Ali is a known stronghold of al Qaeda leader Abu Kasha al Iraqi, an Iraqi national who is also known as Abu Akash. He has close links to the Taliban, a senior US intelligence official told The Long War Journal in January 2007. He serves as the key link between al Qaeda's Shura Majlis, or executive council, and the Taliban.

See Below Link for the full story.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2009/05/us_strikes_taliban_a.php

ghost
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Excellent. Nice job.

I hear that the Taliban are starting to use more conventional tactics against the Pakistani military. Good for us, because that means they'll actually be out fighting, so we'll be able to take more of em out with UAVs. :excited:

Scott
05-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Excellent. Nice job.

I hear that the Taliban are starting to use more conventional tactics against the Pakistani military. Good for us, because that means they'll actually be out fighting, so we'll be able to take more of em out with UAVs. :excited:
yup thats true, i thnik we've taken another training camp out :)

ghost
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Slowly but surely, the rain is washing the scum off the streets.