PDA

View Full Version : BIG NEWS!!! All please read

Stark
05-15-2009, 11:40 AM
This month was another turning point for Apacheclips - it is not a single traffic spike but a continues spike in traffic and visitors AC has simply outgrown itself, and like a lizard that is shedding its skin AC demands a better traffic package.

What do you mean?

AC is currently running on a dedicated server with 2k Gig traffic (in and out free) since beginning this year we are just scraping by narrowly missing the 2k gig traffic mark every month by inches :D
Basically what it means is that as a Webmaster I have to constantly worry about the traffic and how it will effect my wallet :)

If the predictions are correct for this month we would for the first time overshoot by 500GIG traffic (and that would/could probably double considering that we have only half of the month done)

So once again AC has gently forces me to upgrade the package:

AC is now running a 10mbs unmetered.
The new 10mbs upgrade AC will have no traffic limitations.

But hang on it's not all honkydori if AC would be extremely busy and If AC's traffic hits over 10 Mbit/s on a 10 Mbit/s port, any additional traffic will not be able to reach AC's server.
In a browser a person would see the spinning wheel while they wait for a page to load and/or loading time out. Once traffic subsides a little, new requests will be able to get through.

But don't panic I have attached the overall traffic per day so you can see that the average daily mbps on AC rarely exceed 10mbs.
http://www.apacheclips.com/traffic.png

Trust me all this is very good news since I can now actively and aggressively expand and advertise and that means more users = more clips = more activity = more fun for you lot.

So I would like to ask you all to monitor the page closely and report to me in this thread anything you see that looks weird any very long holding times etc.

Thank you

Stark out

Cruelbreed
05-16-2009, 11:31 PM
Sounds great, moving forward.

Stark
05-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Sounds great, moving forward.

Full steam ahead - btw read your pm#s

Markoxx
05-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Thats great stark. we are in the right way . hope all good 2 AC. i wanna give special thanks 2 all the members here who worked 2 AC. great job guys