PDA

View Full Version : Video: South African police open fire on striking Lonmin miners

O-DOG
08-16-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb/692_21988.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=466) South African police open fire on striking miners armed with machetes and sticks at Lonmin's Marikana platinum mine, killing at least a dozen men in the deadliest episode of a week of union violence.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=466)

Hellfreeza
08-16-2012, 05:43 PM
don't bring a machete to a gunfight.

BrendenF11
08-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Not to mention that two police officers were hacked to death not long ago, I think I wouldn't trust them either.

762happy
08-16-2012, 07:19 PM
im so glad i live in the u.s.

mauserbob2
08-16-2012, 07:57 PM
WHAT FUCKING NOW ? The whole world is going crazy !

bigmofo
08-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Bring a knife to a gun fight.

atrox6661
08-16-2012, 10:35 PM
DAMN ! that was sick. good post

Should be featured

psychdoc
08-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Was that in Detroit?

MadeInRu
08-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Damn... Even in Russia you wont see that shit.... Crazy stuff really...

gloomhound
08-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Like something out of another age.

powerpack
08-17-2012, 01:31 AM
I am South African
And that is exactly the kind of shit I used to face in 1986 when I was in the army.
Mob mentality, mob rule.
The mob murdered 2 policeman earlier this week with machetes and burnt to security gaurds to death in their cars.
They crossed the line and reaped their rewards

joedamage
08-17-2012, 01:58 AM
This video is only a part of at least 2 different angles, and its missing the part where the police pick up a pistol thats lying among the dead and wounded. The police were apparenlty fired on from the crowd.

MadeInRu
08-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Powerpack, mate, we're not saying it's wrong in that sense... Just god, that violence pointless.... Why were they so aggressive?

MadeInRu
08-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Important thing!!!! We're not dealing with some dirt bug terrorists here.... Those are mine workers.... So we need to know the back story.

powerpack
08-17-2012, 02:52 AM
That is mob rule in here.
The mob becomes this blood lust filled organism that takes complete controll.
The story is that there is a fight between 2 trade unions, the smaller one is trying to get members hence the killing.
Security got involved and 2 gaurds were burnt to death
Police got involved and 2 cops where hacked to death.

Stark
08-17-2012, 03:27 AM
1) They had weapons
2) They killed - tire burned and hacked two people to death
3) Why would any cop not shoot at them?

Fuck anybody who thinks he can hack and kill somebody to death and not pay the price.

H.Krustowski
08-17-2012, 03:44 AM
@ Powerpack
Exactly.
I was shocked, when i was in SA 2006 an a friend from Johannesburg told me, that the great danger in SA is not getting mugged. The great danger is being lynched by an angry mob and set on fire. With that on your mind you feel very crumbly in your stomach if you take the wrong way and came out in a rusty Township as a white Eurotrash tourist. Thats how a black guy must have been felt in the 1930th in the southern USA.

Stark
08-17-2012, 04:12 AM
@ Powerpack
Exactly.
I was shocked, when i was in SA 2006 an a friend from Johannesburg told me, that the great danger in SA is not getting mugged. The great danger is being lynched by an angry mob and set on fire. With that on your mind you feel very crumbly in your stomach if you take the wrong way and came out in a rusty Township as a white Eurotrash tourist. Thats how a black guy must have been felt in the 1930th in the southern USA.

well... I've been in south africa and if you are a tourist you have very little to fear, especially if you stick to the waterfront, there is police everywhere - also its not like you drive along and you take a turn and all of a sudden you are in a slum, they are mostly outside of cape town (wasn't in Joburg).
I felt save and secure in SA - wonderful country but such a tragic history.

powerpack
08-17-2012, 07:10 AM
@ Stark
Cape Town is the best place with most of the shit being up North In Joburg.
But we are not imune we have had the main freeways baracaded with burning tyres this week a few days in a row with some stone throwing at cars.
For some reason the whole country is going through a weird phase at the moment that feels so 1980s

gloomhound
08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't see what else the police could do in that situation. I'd like to see the rest of the video.

CPSU85
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
god damn. It's a shame the french authoritys don't do this when when the fucking baggage handlers, dock wockers, haulage workers, ATC's go on strike.

psychdoc
08-18-2012, 06:00 PM
H. Krustowski, black people have never been targeted victims of random violence, even in the southern part of the USA in the 1930's, you euro-fag. When blacks did get lynched it was usually in response to crimes they committed like robbery or rape perpetrated on white people. By the way, white people are about 19 times more likely to be victims of black violent crime than blacks being victims of white crime, and it's always been that way since reconstruction. Save your bleeding heart liberal third-world loving bullshit comparisons for your fellow euro fag countrymen. Germany will be muslim soon anyway...

s0ul
08-20-2012, 04:32 PM
lol psychdoc please leave your bullshit knowledge about europe out of this. my fellow 'euro-fag countrymen' from soon to be islamic republic of germany (roft...) fight and die every day side by side with isaf forces from around the world for a mutal cause and some of them are even muslims (wow!...)

back on topic, i agree with gloomhound - when an angry mob armed with sticks and machetes is charing at riot police they get shot, simple as that. Still a senseless waste of life IMO.

finack
09-11-2012, 02:39 AM
I don't get it. What ever the case was... Machete's versus Assault rifles? Wonder why they decided a suicide banzi attack was the better option. Maybe they knew they were facing some brutal consequences once in custody and decided death was better. Crazy shit.

avdefender
09-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Lightbulb: Don't bring sticks and machetes to a rifle fight.

clickclackNW
10-10-2012, 07:53 AM
pyschdoc you might want to read some history. Black were definitely targeted without reason.

foxhole210
03-24-2013, 04:13 AM
im surprised with that hail of gun fire someone was alive.