PDA

View Full Version : President Obama signed legislation that takes two important steps to help fulfill our

lostfound30
08-08-2012, 03:46 AM
This afternoon, President Obama signed legislation that takes two important steps to help fulfill our nation's obligations to our veterans and their families.

First, the new law offers extended care to a group of servicemembers who were based at Camp Lejeune with their families during a period when contaminated water caused major medical issues for a number of individuals.

Among those standing with the President at today's bill signing were Jerry Ensminger, a Marine Corps veteran who has been an advocate for affected families, and Mike Partain, who was born at Camp Lejuene and later developed male breast cancer. The bill the President signed was named after Janey Ensminger, the Master Sargeant's daughter who passed away from leukemia at age nine.

Second, the law prohibits protests at military funerals in the two hours immediately prior to and following a military funeral -- a measure, the President said, that will ensure that our servicemembers get laid to rest with "the utmost honor and respect."

BrendenF11
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
I diagree with the second part, and keep in mind this is my own personal opinion. There is no reason that any person, for any reason, should be barred from spewing any vial words they want to say. Regardless of where or when they want to say it. I think it's sick and they are pretty much the two month old jizz left in a beer can mixed with the left over beer. Still the purpose of the military is to ensure that every person in the United States, and most western european nations (with the exception of france), have a voice and a right to use that voice in any way shape or form.

Much like burning the flag, I get dust in my eyes everytime I see it done, but that is why you serve. So that we do not become those countries that do not allow that crap. Freedom, is the word that comes to mind. This law is a limitation of freedoms in America. It's the same thing as gays getting married, right now we are at the point where we are no longer free but we are "You can do what you want as long as I agree with it, if I don't then what you are doing is legally and morally wrong. Therefore you can no longer do it, and I will limit your right to do it." That last sentence is a sum of United States politics.