PDA

View Full Version : I/O Error when uploading video

Stark
08-06-2012, 06:13 AM
Some of you may receive this error when uploading video files - especially large video files, one of our more prominent members HBK is being plagued by this problem which is understandably annoying to say the least.

Now here is why the error happens:
The I/O Error to my knowledge and I have done some extensive research yesterday happens when you transfer a file to a server and the connection breaks for a second, usually if you are surfing you will probably not even notice it since it goes so fast, problem is of course that the upload will not finish, you get an I/O error and we see a file that was broken and uploaded.

So for the moment and before I give you guys all kinda weird stuff todo like - pray to the God Krom and to hit your head on the kitchen table lets use this thread here for anybody who has this issue to report it to us.

Questions if you receive the I/O Error:

1) Send me the video URL via pm - also tell me what quality version the video was (460p or what ever)
2) At what stage did you get the I/O Error
3) Did you edit the video in any way or form before you upload the video?

Stark
08-06-2012, 06:28 AM
Possible ways to fix the I/O Error when uploading videos:

1) Power cycle your router. Be sure to leave the router off for at least 15 seconds to clear the router's cache.

2) If u encounter this error message, increase the value of the memoryLimit.

Go in Tools Menu:- Internet Options- In general tap under temprory internet files - choose settings- Amount of disk space to use - increase this size so that it can store large files in temporary folder.

Read more: http://www.disclose.tv/forum/video-uploading-error-t16465.html#ixzz22lEgVPuy