PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMLY GRAPHC - Iraq Operation Phantom Fury

Stark
08-04-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/upload/thumb_link/8148_3679.jpg (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=108) EXTREMELY GRAPHIC IMAGES: VIOLENCE, WOUNDED SOLDIERS AND DEAD BODIES. NOT NOT NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN.In The Things They Cannot Say, eleven soldiers and Marines display a rare courage that transcends battlefield heroics -- they share the truth about their wars. For each of them it means something different: one struggles to recover from a head injury he believes has stolen his ability to love, another attempts to make amends for the killing of an innocent man, while yet another finds respect for the enemy fighter who tried to kill him. Award-winning journalist and author Kevin Sites asks the difficult questions of these combatants, many of whom he first met while in Afghanistan and Iraq and others he sought out from different wars: What is it like to kill? What is it like to be under fire? How do you know what's right? What can you never forget?Sites compiles the accounts of soldiers, Marines, their families and friends, and also shares the unsettling narrative of his own failures during war (including complicity in a murder) and the redemptive powers of storytelling in arresting a spiraling path of self-destruction.He learns that war both gives and takes from those most intimately involved in it. Some struggle in perpetual disequilibrium, while others find balance, usually with the help of communities who have learned to listen, without judgment, to the real stories of the men and women it has sent to fight its battles.Kevin Sites has spent the past decade reporting on global war and disaster for ABC, NBC, CNN, and Yahoo! News. In 2005, he became Yahoo!'s first correspondent and covered every major conflict in the world in a single year for his website, "Kevin Sites in the Hot Zone." He is a recipient of the 2006 Daniel Pearl Award for Courage and Integrity in Journalism and was chosen as a Harvard University Nieman Journalism Fellow in 2010.http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube/images/play_thread.png (http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=108)

cromagnumman
08-04-2012, 07:21 PM
this is the one :)

Stark
08-04-2012, 07:34 PM
yup I just embedded them out of respect for the owner.

gauthier
08-04-2012, 08:18 PM
They fucked them.

Ronaldflanagan
08-04-2012, 11:45 PM
William Wold my vote for badass of the month.

Clodius
08-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Awesome post, first class.

SpringAmerican
08-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Mad respect for L.Cpl. William Wold. RIP, Brother. Semper Fi.

16BNRWAR
08-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Outstanding young man taken too soon, RIP.

cupeater
08-05-2012, 07:15 AM
day in and day out, these guys, neck deep in death and uncertainty, earn our respect.

OOORAH!!

cupeater
08-05-2012, 07:48 AM
L/Cpl Wold - one of the best of us to ever commit to his country.
i wish his family and friends all the strength and understanding to come to peace with his sacrifice.
he was an incredible Patriot and an outstanding Marine.

Bigfoot13
08-05-2012, 09:07 AM
You are a Bad Ass Marine. R.I.P. L/C Wold, ~Salute~. Thanks for posting our True American Hero.

bombino
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Well, found nuclear weapons or not?

USARMY999
08-05-2012, 11:37 AM
SEMPER FI

techcon
08-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Rest in peace brother, so sad what happen to him.

MickDonalds
08-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Cameraman... Why would you EVER ask if its a mosque? Idiot!!

jimbo39
08-05-2012, 03:29 PM
awesome....

BigP
08-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Damn....so young.

A great Marine and a true American.....RIP.

charlieboy
08-05-2012, 03:53 PM
rip L/C Wold

scv43
08-05-2012, 06:40 PM
how did he die? and what a great hero!!

Stark
08-05-2012, 06:55 PM
scv43

how did he die? and what a great hero!!

As far as I can remember he was actually home when he died, he received medical attention for possible PTSD - and as far as I can remember there was substance abuse not sure what. They found him in his room.

You don't need to be a fellow one thousand yard stare to tell by the way he talks and all that he was in some deep shit.

I know I'm going to get cruzified for this here, but I am under the impression that we don't do enough for the men and woman who we send into combat.

ZATO1414
08-06-2012, 01:40 AM
This country owes these fine young American men everything. We lose so much when they are not with us to grow old and live a happy life. Rest in peace young Corporal.

atrox6661
08-06-2012, 10:07 AM
Good video never seen this one before.

GlenUK
08-06-2012, 10:56 AM
I could watch this all day.
It's a shame i am too old to get involved.
Good Luck and God Bless them all

ROSKO
08-06-2012, 01:15 PM
R.I.P - True Warrior

cooper
08-07-2012, 05:51 AM
The famous" mosque in Fallujah,,very nice footage,,brave soldiers...RIP

hadrian1
08-07-2012, 03:15 PM
http://timeofremembrance.org/wold.aspx

Donkeypunch0420
08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Looks like L. Corporal Wold may have been KIA on his second tour.

http://timeofremembrance.org/wold.aspx

Rest in peace Marine. Thank you for your sacrifice.

pinhead1376
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Father is murdered, 4 good friends die, and killed 12 enemy. All before age 21. I don't care who you are. That will change you for the worst. Rest in peace.

whiteraven
09-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I have lost count of how many times I have watched this. RIP L. Corporal Wold. Very Brave Men indeed.

Clodius
10-01-2012, 07:09 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-40968.html

cilerc
11-13-2012, 06:13 PM
24:41 well said, rest in peace wold

recon1968
11-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Marine's death ruled an accident
Military - Sgt. William Wold's parents question the results of an autopsy that blamed medication
Friday, February 02, 2007
DEE ANNE FINKEN
The Oregonian

The death of a 23-year-old Marine from Camas, Wash., in early November was an accident, according to the San Diego County medical examiner, but the sergeant's parents say the report prompts more questions than answers, including whether the military properly treated him.

"How can they justify this as an accident? And whose accident is it?" said Sandra Wold, the mother of Sgt. William C. Wold. His body was found in his San Diego bunk three days after his discharge from a military hospital. He was at the facility to be treated for post-traumatic stress disorder that his family said caused a drug addiction.

In a report dated Jan. 8, the medical examiner concluded Wold's death was "best listed as methadone, clonazepam, diazepam, and fluoxetine toxicity."

Two friends discovered the Marine in his bed at barracks affiliated with the Balboa Naval Medical Center. The night before, the three had gone out for tattoos and returned to Wold's quarters to eat fast food and watch a movie.

Sandra Wold of Camas said her son had not been prescribed methadone at the time of his death. But he had been prescribed the anti-addiction drug along with the three other medications during hospitalizations two months earlier at California military facilities at Camp Pendleton and in Palo Alto.

"Those were not lethal drugs at Camp Pendleton, and they were in the same combination," Wold said Thursday in a phone interview. "How can that be?"

Marines public affairs officers at Camp Pendleton, where William Wold had been stationed, declined to comment, saying details weren't immediately available.

Wold, who was buried Nov. 17 in Evergreen Memorial Gardens in Vancouver, enlisted in the Marines at 17 and was selected to guard President Bush for three years at Camp David before going to Iraq in 2004. In fighting in Fallujah that year, he suffered a blast injury.

His mother said the war also severely affected her son emotionally and psychologically, and that led to his drug problem.

One incident he found particularly tough to forget involved a vehicle running a roadblock. Directed to fire as the vehicle came through the roadblock, the troops later discovered the van had been filled with children. The incident left Wold unable to sleep, eat or be among crowds.

He re-enlisted, his mother said, hoping to find solace in the company of others in the military. But, according to official records, he was unable to complete a substance abuse program and was being readied for military discharge when he was moved from the naval hospital to the barracks.

The Department of the Navy has said it is performing a criminal investigation into Wold's death, but it is not complete.

recon1968
11-29-2012, 12:30 AM
Marine's death ruled an accident
Military - Sgt. William Wold's parents question the results of an autopsy that blamed medication
Friday, February 02, 2007
DEE ANNE FINKEN
The Oregonian

The death of a 23-year-old Marine from Camas, Wash., in early November was an accident, according to the San Diego County medical examiner, but the sergeant's parents say the report prompts more questions than answers, including whether the military properly treated him.

"How can they justify this as an accident? And whose accident is it?" said Sandra Wold, the mother of Sgt. William C. Wold. His body was found in his San Diego bunk three days after his discharge from a military hospital. He was at the facility to be treated for post-traumatic stress disorder that his family said caused a drug addiction.

In a report dated Jan. 8, the medical examiner concluded Wold's death was "best listed as methadone, clonazepam, diazepam, and fluoxetine toxicity."

Two friends discovered the Marine in his bed at barracks affiliated with the Balboa Naval Medical Center. The night before, the three had gone out for tattoos and returned to Wold's quarters to eat fast food and watch a movie.

Sandra Wold of Camas said her son had not been prescribed methadone at the time of his death. But he had been prescribed the anti-addiction drug along with the three other medications during hospitalizations two months earlier at California military facilities at Camp Pendleton and in Palo Alto.

"Those were not lethal drugs at Camp Pendleton, and they were in the same combination," Wold said Thursday in a phone interview. "How can that be?"

Marines public affairs officers at Camp Pendleton, where William Wold had been stationed, declined to comment, saying details weren't immediately available.

Wold, who was buried Nov. 17 in Evergreen Memorial Gardens in Vancouver, enlisted in the Marines at 17 and was selected to guard President Bush for three years at Camp David before going to Iraq in 2004. In fighting in Fallujah that year, he suffered a blast injury.

His mother said the war also severely affected her son emotionally and psychologically, and that led to his drug problem.

One incident he found particularly tough to forget involved a vehicle running a roadblock. Directed to fire as the vehicle came through the roadblock, the troops later discovered the van had been filled with children. The incident left Wold unable to sleep, eat or be among crowds.

He re-enlisted, his mother said, hoping to find solace in the company of others in the military. But, according to official records, he was unable to complete a substance abuse program and was being readied for military discharge when he was moved from the naval hospital to the barracks.

The Department of the Navy has said it is performing a criminal investigation into Wold's death, but it is not complete.

LetsTripOutAndDie
03-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Salute Wold. You may finally Rest In Peace. :USA:

Fyall
01-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Rest easy Devil Dog. May you and your family find peace.