PDA

View Full Version : My sister got mugged in Manhattan

sw1442
07-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I just heard that my 23 year old sister got mugged in new york city, and since I live in Texas and can't really do shit about it i want to buy her some mace online-- can anyone recommend a good website to buy pepper spray from? or even more specifically, a good unit to purchase?

Stark
07-30-2012, 06:48 PM
check first if it is even legal to own in New York - she should be able to get it in any good self defense or gun store tho.

veritas44
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
You must be 18 year old no felony convictions and in MUST be purchased from an authorized dealer or a fire arms dealer. It MUST be bought in new York. You cannot purchase and carry when it is purchased out of state.
Find some dealers on line in new York and have your sister go to the store because yes being new York she has to register it. Just a short form to fill out
Sorry to hear about her I hope she is OK.

sw1442
07-30-2012, 09:17 PM
You must be 18 year old no felony convictions and in MUST be purchased from an authorized dealer or a fire arms dealer. It MUST be bought in new York. You cannot purchase and carry when it is purchased out of state.
Find some dealers on line in new York and have your sister go to the store because yes being new York she has to register it. Just a short form to fill out
Sorry to hear about her I hope she is OK.

thanks for the info, darn.

nastyleg
07-30-2012, 10:18 PM
if she must register it then i suggest a spray gel with a minimum of 20% oliocapsicum. that is the stuff that makes it burn plus gel is super thick and can get into pores faster.if possible have her spend the money on bear mace.....well worth it.

serpa6
07-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that,makes me mad as hell these no work fucktards Sorry but I am pissed to hear about this I hope she is okay
With her being a woman in NY should be able to get a C &C no problem at all If she can pass the background check and if she does recommend a nice 32 cal with hollow points and 3 clips one should be enough but you cant carry enough buy one in Texas and go visit her ground travel TO Hell with the mace ;)

atrox6661
07-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Def buy a gun especially women, too many psychopaths out there these days. Gun laws in NY are shit though.

acf6
08-01-2012, 04:25 AM
Gun Laws in New York City Suck!!! I live in western NY and its not too bad here. Veritas44 has it right. Hope she will be OK!!

MrFibbles
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Dude I am amazed something like that would happen, where was she at??? couldn't be anywhere safe...

DevilDog812
08-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Dude I am amazed something like that would happen, where was she at??? couldn't be anywhere safe...

no it wasn't, it was in New York

albatros
04-12-2014, 12:12 PM
I know quite a bit about law and let me tell you when the hammer falls the heartache begins. She had better be correct if she ever uses a fire arm and kills someone. Also, that round travels down range and if she misses ( which is likely) she could kill someone else. In California. she could get life in prison. I would suggest she use pepper spray (Mailman strength if possible) This is my general go to weapon.The reason is cn or cs tear gas does not work on dogs if she is attacked by a Pit Bull or such thing. In California we used to need a tear gas license also. Unsure id that is still true here.
The following is critical. As you know, anyone who intends to use a weapon needs training. She needs to realize that when shit goes down and she is attacked, it happens instantly. There is no time to find her weapon on her key chain or wherever. The way I use it is, I always have it in my hand, thumb on the trigger off safe. (not her finger. ) I am instantly ready. It cannot be seen if it is held in my closed hand with thumb on the trigger and off safe. The target is his eyes and nose. I let the assailant get close say within 5-6 ft. so I will hit my target. I raise my right hand and press the trigger with my thumb which is always at the ready. The target is the nose and eyes. Try to spray back and forth to the eye area but the face will do. Believe me it works. It won't kill anyone but it will make him wish he was dead. The treat is neutralized.
The objective should be to stop the attack long enough to run to a safe place. Instantly the attackers eyes shut and severe watery eyes and burning in the facial area results. (If you can't see you can't fight) The attacker is instantly incapacitated long enough for her to escape and call the police. Mine also has an invisible chemical dye that helps the police identify the suspect.
There is one danger. If she is not trained in how to use it. She must be ready to counter attack immediately and total dedication. She needs to put through drills to experience how immediate an attack is and how to instantly respond to that threat. If not, she will have a sense of false security and could get hurt. It works for dogs also. Training will familiarize her with desperate situations and teach her to calmly respond with well aimed rounds or sprays.
However the best defense is to have good situational awareness or better yet don't be there.
I have other instruments for defense, but Pepper is my go to weapon most of the time. If it ever happens again, ask her to give him one for the Gipper and for me.

Many people suggest guns. But, guns can posed serious consequences for the user even if in self defense situations (remember the Zimmerman Trial). They are useless in the hands of the untrained. I would never suggest a gun since there is a non lethal alternative. The anti gun idiots want to disarm the good guys and they prosecute even people in self defense situations.

Hope this helps.
Semper Fi

Lanasmil
11-07-2016, 04:05 AM
Isn't there any little gas balloon to keep in a bag? It shouldn't require any license.

Ripcord
08-05-2017, 02:05 PM
MACGA!
sorry for off topic..just trying to re-vitalize this site.
Moo