PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on a 45

shake
07-23-2012, 11:00 AM
hey i was just wondering if you guys could help me out. I recently won a very nice 1911 extreme from sig. i was actually thinking about possibly selling it or trading it for a rifle. says its worth about 1200 doubt i would get that much. what do you think? should i keep it or what? if not how much do you think i should get for it? 12648

BrendenF11
07-23-2012, 11:17 AM
It is obviously up to you wether you want it or not, but I would love to have it in my arsenal. It is a very weapon, and it is from a reputable manufacturer. If you have a use for it or might in the future have a use for it I would keep it. If not I would take no less than 1000, personally, from a dealer on a trade. That leaves him 200 profit, and you should still be able to get a very decent rifle (depending on what you're looking for) and a decent scope to go along with it. I'd give you 1000 right now if I had the money, but I don't so I can't. in the end it is what you want to do with it and what you want to do when you go out shooting or hunting, plus if the weapon doesn't feel right to you when you hold it or draw it then it isn't for you but if it does it might be worth hanging onto.

shake
07-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Thats the thing i do love it. feels great and shoots great. i just want to buy an rifle. might just sell my other sig. well i have till november to decide. i appreciate any input. thanks

goinloco1
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
one thing is that price of 1200 was new. now that you've obviously put rounds through it... it's used. even one stinking round puts it in that catagory.

Malice
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Additionally the used gun market is one of the most lopsided you will ever see.
I bet, even without a single round through that gun a gun store or pawn shop MIGHT offer you 500.00 and that is if you use it as a trade in.

They know 90% of the people selling guns are doing so because they don't like guns and it was given to them or they need money desperately.

Sig makes a great handgun, and it's tough to beat a 1911.

You can try to go through a gun auction or broker but you lose money with the FFL transfer, netting you maybe 600-700.00 at best.

Your best bet is to sell it to someone you know, otherwise you may be stuck with it, which isn't such a bad thing =D

veritas44
07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't know how much time you have or are you just itching for a rifle but I have never sold a gun and lost money. If you have time and can keep it for a while you can make $100 or more than the value of the gun now.
And if your in good with a dealer most will give you the MSRP on the gun if your gonna do a strait swap and just pay the difference on the rifle.
Me personally I would just hold on to it because its a SIG 1911 clone and they won't make them to long...they want to much money for them. When they stop making them it will go up in value 50% in the first year.

BrendenF11
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Agreed veritas. I have "lost" a slight amount of money on a weapon before. I had a savage 14/114 .243 with a leopold VX R3-9x40mm paid 1000 total for the package, fired roughly 4000 rounds through it, which equated to a lot of wear and tear, traded it in and got 900 on trade for a new kimber tactical pro carry II. Paid the difference they were happy and I was happy. Shake If they lowball you with only 600 or 800 for that handgun go some where else, as veritas said, hanging on to it will increase its value, but it wont happen over night.

shake
07-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Was just going to take it to the gun show in November and see what i can get for it. i may or may not get rid it. i was looking for an ak or an ar. would really like an hk mr762 but i dont have 4000 grand to shell out

nastyleg
07-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Was just going to take it to the gun show in November and see what i can get for it. i may or may not get rid it. i was looking for an ak or an ar. would really like an hk mr762 but i dont have 4000 grand to shell out

listen the only way you are gonna get the money you want it to sell in a private sell, ..$900 is a fair asking price.

Malice
07-25-2012, 03:03 PM
I wonder how much it varies by state, here in Michigan the price they offer on "used" handguns is minimal at best.
I have a couple I would love to sell but don't want to give them away like these local shops are looking at doing.

As much as I love my Beretta 96A1, I want to move it for a new S&W VTAC.

KGCNC
07-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I entered that contest....lol. Glad to see an Apache won it!

BrendenF11
07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
I wonder how much it varies by state, here in Michigan the price they offer on "used" handguns is minimal at best.
I have a couple I would love to sell but don't want to give them away like these local shops are looking at doing.

As much as I love my Beretta 96A1, I want to move it for a new S&W VTAC.

Depends on your reputation with the shop also. I get free tanerite and ammo almost everytime I go to a shop a frequently visit. The more time you spend associating with small time gun shops the better off you are.

shake
07-25-2012, 10:39 PM
haha yeah. when the guy called i thought it was a scam. never won more than 20 bucks on a scratch off

serpa6
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
As I have been shopping for a handgun I wanted a 1911 because of my service days but I cannot afford the price.
Here in Florida I have seen no less then 1100 for sig colt and taruas.
If it never has been fired or even just a couple of mags where fired out of it, ask no less then 1000 dollars for you will get it.