PDA

View Full Version : Mass shooting Aurora Colorado

gazzthompson
07-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Can't effectively link from phone, check all major news outlets ASAP! Shooting at movie screening of new batman film... many dead and injured.

Benda
07-20-2012, 06:40 AM
http://www.news.com.au/world/mass-shooting-at-batman-premiere-in-colorado/story-fndir2ev-1226431167005

ErisKillton
07-20-2012, 07:03 AM
If people are going to do that sort of thing why don't they do it in a place or for a purpose that makes a real impact. Why puss out and do it at a batman premier?

I feel bad for all the families and People involved. But just wait till the politicians get ahold of this and use it for their own agendas.

The whole thing is sickening all the way around!

MadeInRu
07-20-2012, 07:06 AM
14 dead about 50 wounded/injured people....

Fucked up all the way again... Reports say that the guy was captured and he's of Indian origin. Looks more like some stupid extremism or a personal insanity here...

ErisKillton
07-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Oh it's the fuckin Islamic extremists?

Figures they would do something cowardly like that. They have no shame.

gazzthompson
07-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Indians are mostly Hindu. Not that it matters, BBC reporting FBI released naming gunman as a "James Holmes" ans "no terrorism link"

MadeInRu
07-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh it's the fuckin Islamic extremists?

Figures they would do something cowardly like that. They have no shame.

No, no Eris. I mean extremist as in general, not Islamic. First reports were that he was an Indian, as Gazz pointed out, most of them are Hindu. Doesn't looks like a terrorist attack, most likely some idiot in this case.

Stark
07-20-2012, 08:48 AM
yeah they have ruled out a terror attack.

Wait for it - its going to be some little sad bottom dweller who was just rejected by his wannabe girlfriend and hes all hurt now and has to make the rest of the world feel his pain.

Fuck him - little girl of 3 was shot in the belly.... fuck him - I hope Denver doesn't have the DP and he stays in prison for the rest of his life, that's great punishemnt for him

Sixx
07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Why were there little children present at a 12:39 a.m. movie showing?
Shitty ass parents.

Sad shit all the way around.....

Clodius
07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egRgweL12Uc&feature=related

Pittsburgh
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
This is him, a former medical student...

Pittsburgh
07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
If people are going to do that sort of thing why don't they do it in a place or for a purpose that makes a real impact. Why puss out and do it at a batman premier?

Rather than doing it at all, it's too bad they don't do the world a favor and simply off themselves.

Colorado does have the death penalty, but I'm sure he will claim insanity and receive a roof over his head and three square meals a day. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to locking him in a room with the victims parents and allowing them to decide his fate.

But just wait till the politicians get ahold of this and use it for their own agendas.

They will wait a few days, but I'm sure the Michael Moore's and Rosie O'Donnell's of this country will open their massive blow holes and have their say on the matter. The politicians will follow suit and use a tragedy as a political platform. It's typical from those types.

(See: Gabrielle Giffords, VT shooting, Columbine)

Stark
07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Rather than doing it at all, it's too bad they don't do the world a favor and simply off themselves rather than taking others with them.

Colorado does have the death penalty, but I'm sure he will claim insanity and receive his three square meals a day. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to locking him in a room with the victims parents and allowing them to decide his fate. He was willing to murder unarmed civilians, but he didn't have the balls to shoot it out with a SWAT team. Coward scum.

They will wait a few days, but I'm sure the Michael Moore's and Rosie O'Donnell's of this country will open their massive blow holes and have their say on the matter. The politicians will follow suit and use a tragedy as a platform to push their own political views. It's typical from those types.

(See: Gabrielle Giffords, VT shooting, Columbine)

Offing yourself wouldn't be dramatic enough, every single person that went postal has one common thing - they are fucking drama queens always feel that they are somewhat not respected or their needs weren't met or some shit.

Pittsburgh
07-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Scratch that, the political bullshit has already begun. ABC news (shocking) is already apologizing for falsely reporting the shooter had ties to the Tea Party. Typical media in this country at it's finest...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABC News, Brian Ross apologize for report suggesting shooting suspect tied to Tea Party
Published July 20, 2012
FoxNews.com

ABC News and correspondent Brian Ross apologized Friday after Ross suggested on air that the Colorado mass shooting suspect could be tied to the Tea Party.

As the name of the suspect, identified as 24-year-old James Holmes, first emerged Friday morning, Ross reported on ABC News that he'd found a web page for a "Jim Holmes" on a Colorado Tea Party site.

"There is a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea Party site as well, talking about him joining the Tea Party last year," Ross reported.

He added: "Now we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes, but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colo."

That man is not the same Jim Holmes. The Colorado Tea Party Patriots, whose website Ross was looking at, put out a statement criticizing Ross for even floating the possibility -- noting the Jim Holmes with the Tea Party group is 52 years old and not the same person.

"The attempts of some media organizations to characterize the shooter as a Tea Party member without having made any effort to contact our organization are shameless and reprehensible," the group said in a statement.

Ross clarified on air Friday, as ABC News issued a formal apology.

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect. ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted," the statement said.

On air later in the morning, Ross also said: "An earlier report that I had was incorrect that he was connected with the Tea Party. In fact, that's a different Jim Holmes. He was not connected to the Tea Party and what we do know about him is he is a 24-year-old white male who went to Colorado for a Ph.D."

At least 12 people were killed in the shooting overnight at an Aurora movie theater, while at least 50 were injured.

Details are still emerging about the suspect, who is in custody.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/20/abc-news-brian-ross-apologize-for-report-suggesting-shooting-suspect-tied-to/#ixzz21BVI23Qk

762happy
07-20-2012, 04:09 PM
hang the shooter and God be with the dead, injured and there family's

SgtJim
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
DOD Statement on Colorado Shooting Incident http://goo.gl/fb/KPb3z (http://t.co/VotEXmEm)

One sailor was injured and one, known to have been at the theatre that evening, is currently unaccounted for. Two airmen were injured in the incident. The Navy and the Air Force are working with the families of these service members to ensure they have the care and attention they need. We can also confirm that the alleged gunman in this incident, James Holmes, is not a past or current member of any branch or component of the U.S. Armed Forces.

jamieooh
07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
pitts this is from the cockpuffington post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/michael-bloomberg-nyc-mayor-reacts-colorado-shooting_n_1689211.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

goinloco1
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
go figure bloonberg would jump on the bandwagon. maybe if he'd take care of the crime in his own damn city before opening his piehole...

KGCNC
07-20-2012, 09:58 PM
I have a 2nd cousin who lives there and hes fine. He drives by the theater every day. On another note..my girlfriend has a friend that lives a half block from the shooters residence. He sent a pic or two of the area. Its a senseless tragedy. R.I.P. to the victims and speedy recovery to the wounded. Hopefully he will plead guilty and die quickly. Here to wishing...

Pittsburgh
07-20-2012, 10:54 PM
pitts this is from the cockpuffington post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/michael-bloomberg-nyc-mayor-reacts-colorado-shooting_n_1689211.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

So much for my prediction that slimy liberals like Bloomberg would "wait a few days" before pounding home their own political view points. In this case, they couldn't even wait 24 hours. Then again, I'm not completely surprised considering the type of people involved.

Zero class.

Pittsburgh
07-21-2012, 09:53 AM
Offing yourself wouldn't be dramatic enough, every single person that went postal has one common thing - they are fucking drama queens always feel that they are somewhat not respected or their needs weren't met or some shit.

The scariest part? You can't profile these nuts. This guy was a medical student and was considered at the top of his class. His police record consisted of one offense, a simple traffic ticket. More information could come out on this low-life, but glaring warning signs did not exist. Not that it should even matter, but the police refuse to comment on his motivation to murder 12 people, including children. I'm waiting for the "he was bullied when he was in the fourth grade" excuse to come out.

All I'm hoping for now...

The wounded make a full recovery and the bomb technicians disarm his apartment without incident. From what I've been hearing on the news, this wackadoo has mortar rounds, jars filled with "some type" of liquid, incendiary devices and trip-wires throughout his apartment. As of this morning, they are back at the location. The last thing we need are maimed or killed police officers and bomb squad technicians.

jamieooh
07-22-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_victims_boyfriends_saved_their_lAZ3ZF4nbDsTyPk eAAkZsM

gazzthompson
07-22-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/the_victims_boyfriends_saved_their_lAZ3ZF4nbDsTyPk eAAkZsM

True hero's.

goinloco1
07-22-2012, 06:56 PM
God I hate the news...
All I kept hearing was about his arsenal... since when does a pistol, shotgun, and 2 rifles make an arsenal? Dumbasses spinning the anti gun rhetoric.

eaglethebeagle
07-22-2012, 10:27 PM
The tinges of anti gun politics that is already coming out is disgusting and vile. The gay mayor of New York needs to get the fuck out. The obama propaganda agency better known as cnn had their news ticker showing that "gun control debate" is being discussed.

It is sad that all those people were killed. I have deep respect for the families and friends of the victims and survivors. I wish that more people conceal carried. Had that theatre been full of legal gun owners with permits to carry, that scumbag would have been shot full of holes before he could slaughter that many people.

The people that brought their 6 year old to a Batman movie was pathetic. I dont want to bash victims but that is just idiotic. The movie is for adults it has violence and adult content.

gazzthompson
07-23-2012, 03:25 AM
I heard the theatre was a "gun free zone" , anybody else hear this?

762happy
07-23-2012, 08:13 AM
does any think its weird that bruce Wayne lost his parents at a night at the theater. and this scum bag said he was the joker.

DevilDog812
07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
One thing I noticed is that he probably has little real knowledge on guns.

1. He had all of his guns for only 2 months
2. He was banned from a gun club for behavior
3. I heard that a person in another theater was hit by a bullet that went through the wall. Plus the amount of wounded and not dead lead me to believe he was using FMJ not hollow point which would be better if all you were trying to do is kill as many people as possible.

Pittsburgh
07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Jagoff in court today...

eaglethebeagle
07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
I heard the theatre was a "gun free zone" , anybody else hear this?

If so and it is likely since Colorado is a liberal mecca then it accentuates the truth that only law abiding citizens will obey gun laws. You are a sitting duck or sheep waiting for slaughter if you insist on not protecting yourself.

Something disgusting and odd I was ready to puke about was watching a replay of the public tribute how the politicians had to announce each and everyone of themselves then wait for applause.

If i had been a victims family there i would have got up and said shut the fuck up with your self serving political self promotion.

BrendenF11
07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
If so and it is likely since Colorado is a liberal mecca then it accentuates the truth that only law abiding citizens will obey gun laws. You are a sitting duck or sheep waiting for slaughter if you insist on not protecting yourself.

Something disgusting and odd I was ready to puke about was watching a replay of the public tribute how the politicians had to announce each and everyone of themselves then wait for applause.

If i had been a victims family there i would have got up and said shut the fuck up with your self serving political self promotion.

I'm glad that I am not the only one to have noticed how the politicians at the vigil last night acted. I couldn't believe the mayor, he would say something (there would be no applause) but would then look up for applause. I stopped watching after I saw a few people do that shit. I was not impressed with their idea of campaigning during a solemn event.

MadeInRu
07-23-2012, 02:05 PM

Beags, and what do gun laws have to do with anything?

You can be a Navy Seal for all i care! You just can't expect every crazy idiot to open a fire in a movie theater!

Guns don't make a blind bit of a difference in those cases..

eaglethebeagle
07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Beags, and what do gun laws have to do with anything?

You can be a Navy Seal for all i care! You just can't expect every crazy idiot to open a fire in a movie theater!

Guns don't make a blind bit of a difference in those cases..

Two words for ya MIR

FORT HOOD

Pittsburgh
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Two words for ya MIR

FORT HOOD

Or this example, which occured in the exact same city and year as the most recent shooting...

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/12175-two-aurora-shootings-one-widely-known-the-other-ignored

Pittsburgh
07-24-2012, 05:26 PM
You are a sitting duck or sheep waiting for slaughter if you insist on not protecting yourself.

According to this report, it's looking like more and more citizens living in Colorado are choosing not to be sitting ducks....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Demand for guns in Colorado jumps in wake of movie massacre
Published July 24, 2012
FoxNews.com

Colorado gun stores are seeing a big jump in demand for firearms since last Friday's massacre at a midnight movie showing in Aurora.

Background checks for people wanting to buy guns in Colorado reportedly increased more than 41 percent after last week’s Aurora movie massacre. The Denver Post reports that firearm instructors have also seen increased interest in training needed for a concealed-carry permit.

"It's been insane," Jake Meyers, an employee at Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Parker told the newspaper Monday.

Between Friday and Sunday, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm — a 43 percent increase over the previous Friday through Sunday and a 39 percent jump over those same days on the first weekend of July.

The biggest spike was on Friday, when there were 1,216 checks, a 43 percent increase over the average number for the previous two Fridays.

On Friday morning, just hours after alleged 24-year-old gunman James Holmes killed 12 and injured 58 others at the Century Aurora theater, up to 20 people were already waiting outside the store when Meyers arrived, he said.

He said the day was “probably the busiest Monday all year” and said basic firearms classes that he and the store’s owner conduct are booked for the next three weeks — a first for this year, the newspaper reports.

"A lot of it is people saying, 'I didn't think I needed a gun, but now I do,' " he told the newspaper. "When it happens in your backyard, people start reassessing — 'Hey, I go to the movies.'"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24/background-checks-for-guns-in-colorado-reportedly-jump-41-percent-since-movie/#ixzz21ZrAY2UO

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21142159/gun-sales-up-since-tragedy#ixzz21XE0BBJE

DevilDog812
07-27-2012, 10:06 PM
"Gun Owners Side With Devil says USA Today" by Nutnfancy

http://youtu.be/JFEnBhWrlf0

everyone should watch this.

Pittsburgh
07-28-2012, 04:03 AM
"Gun Owners Side With Devil says USA Today" by Nutnfancy

http://youtu.be/JFEnBhWrlf0

everyone should watch this.

First, Bloomberg was calling for a police strike until voters changed their minds on gun control and now I have USA Today telling me I side with the devil because I'm a proud and responsible gun owner.

Yep, it's official, the "Yes We Can/Hope/Change" zombies are out in force.

Pittsburgh
07-28-2012, 02:50 PM
This is classic. MSNBC getting owned after attempting to bait the brother of one of the shooting victims into a gun control debate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iDSa1OJqUA

lol, typical MSNBC. Good try and stay classy.

jamieooh
07-29-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Yqk-6KKM8&feature=related

jamieooh
07-29-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_But23A9A0k&feature=related