PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with.....

gundriver22
05-09-2009, 02:41 AM
these "confirmed" titles that some people have beneath thier names. how are they confirmed? Is there a "Confirmed Apache Pilot" title? How would one go about proving this if there was? And can I get it? :thumbsup: Just wondering. Hope the moderators could weigh in with some info. I couldn't find anything on the site.

ghost
05-09-2009, 02:47 AM
these "confirmed" titles that some people have beneath thier names. how are they confirmed? Is there a "Confirmed Apache Pilot" title? How would one go about proving this if there was? And can I get it? :thumbsup: Just wondering. Hope the moderators could weigh in with some info. I couldn't find anything on the site.

It means that it has been confirmed that they are(or have been) in the military.

gundriver22
05-09-2009, 03:13 AM
Right, thanks. but HOW does this website "confirm" anything? I know what I've done in the Army and what I'm doing now. But someone who has never served couldn't "test" me over the internet on that.

Stark
05-09-2009, 02:13 PM
HI gundriver22 - At the moment we confirm or decline manualy - you will need to send your information to requestbagde@apacheclips.com.

Bobdina who is ex mil and has put himself forward to become the offical Apacheclips request military badge inspector if you will ;)

Keep in mind this is more or less in the pilot stage or beta stage.

For the moment please read this thread http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4314#post4314 and send the requsted information as in your D214 and others to requestbadge@apacheclips.com.

Thank you

gundriver22
05-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Thanks Stark. It's a pretty cool idea you got going there. I can send my AKO address, I don't mind that. But a scan of my DD 214 for a web forum? you guys must be smoking the good banana peels. That info is a bit personal don't you think?

Why don't I just take a video of me in the Apache with a sign that says ApacheClips.com with the date on it? Seriously, if that doesn't prove it, then we're all high as a kite.

Dan-O :thumbup:

Cruelbreed
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Why don't I just take a video of me in the Apache with a sign that says ApacheClips.com with the date on it? Seriously, if that doesn't prove it, then we're all high as a kite.

Dan-O :thumbup:

That would be, fucking awesome. Was that a joke :P? Cause it it wasn't i'm sure it would also be cool to put some kind of "Apache Pilot" tag on your avatar :)

sparkie
05-09-2009, 06:35 PM
In what you're trying to do on confirmation. You bit off more than I wanna chew. The ONLY way it workes where I play is that Marines know Marine. A poser doesn't last 2 rounds with us.
But here's the way it goes,,,,,,You are on your Word of honor till found out otherwise.
The way you are trying is gonna tick off a few,,,,, Real and poser. Of course our way ticks off some,, just as we are sayin goodby.

Good luck to ya, Friend.

Woodbutcher824
05-09-2009, 07:30 PM
What about Boyscouts that got kicked out for eating Brownies??? :evilgrin:

Do they get a tag?????

JToKKo
05-10-2009, 03:30 AM
Can you make one for me that say "Confirmed Stoner" :)

Woodbutcher824
05-10-2009, 06:30 PM

Duuuuuuuude. :thumbup: :freakout:

napalmdeath1.0
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM

lol :)

Mel
05-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Sounds like JToKKo ate some brownies too. :o

Cruelbreed
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm still waiting for that video gundriver :D

Scott
05-14-2009, 04:57 PM

Yeah me too cant wait.

leahcimnosirrom
05-14-2009, 07:33 PM

hahaa
:drillsergeant: gunny likes the green!

Stark
05-14-2009, 08:38 PM

I do the Military service badges first and than I work on member request - lets see what makes sense

In the mean time here are the many badges so far:

http://www.apacheclips.com/index.php?view=service_badges

gundriver22
05-15-2009, 03:12 AM

Patience my young Padwon. I'm still flying nights and I'm thinking the video wouldn't show up so hot. And no please dont ask if I could use a white light in the cockpit as my I.P. would thoroughly strangle me until I was dead, or worse, make me go fly Blackhawks. So you'll have to wait until the next daytime flight.

Stark
05-15-2009, 03:38 AM
patience my young padwon. I'm still flying nights and i'm thinking the video wouldn't show up so hot. And no please dont ask if i could use a white light in the cockpit as my i.p. Would thoroughly strangle me until i was dead, or worse, make me go fly blackhawks. So you'll have to wait until the next daytime flight.

lol :D

Scott
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
hell why don't you record at night? im sure it would be a awesome view to see the surrounding lights and cockpit view from night. :)

Looking forward to the video. Stay Safe.