PDA

View Full Version : Nazi war crime suspect detained

Pittsburgh
07-18-2012, 07:28 AM
Nazi-era war crime suspect detained, Hungarian officials claim
Published July 18, 2012
Associated Press

BUDAPEST, Hungary – Hungarian prosecutors say they have taken into custody, and charged with war crimes, a man suspected of taking part in the deportation of Jews in 1944.

Prosecutors say that Laszlo Csatary, whose case was brought to their attention by the Simon Wiesenthal Center, was taken into custody on Wednesday.

They say Csatary was a police officer in the Slovakian city of Kosice, at a time part of Hungary, when Jews were deported to Auschwitz and other death camps and that he was present when the trains were loaded and sent on their way.

Prosecutors want the 97-year-old suspect held under house arrest, which will also allow authorities to confiscate Csatary's passport.

Prosecutors said that considering Csatary's age, he is in a good physical and mental state.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/07/18/nazi-era-war-crime-suspect-detained-hungarian-officials-claim/#ixzz20yMc5k3v

ErisKillton
07-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Considering he is 97 years old there is not much they can really doto him as far as punishment. Maybe they can make him recount what he had done on record and publicly apologize to the families but i dont see much else happening as he's probably pretty much gotten away with it for so long. Maybe having to relive what he's done will give him a sense of shame and make him feel pain inside. Thats all we can hope for from a 97 year old man I think.

What else is there to do?

Pittsburgh
07-21-2012, 12:00 PM
What else is there to do?

Short of a very slow and painful death, I guess there isn't much they can do with the old monster. He will probably drop dead before the trial even begins. At the very least, I hope it brings some comfort and closure to the surviving relatives and friends of those who were shipped off to Auschwitz.

jamieooh
07-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Short of a very slow and painful death, I guess there isn't much they can do with the old monster. He will probably drop dead before the trial even begins. At the very least, I hope it brings some comfort and closure to the surviving relatives and friends of those who were shipped off to Auschwitz.
ya take his prune juice away. They should give him a tour of Auschwitz to try to help him feel some shame.