PDA

View Full Version : Why do we hate BlackWater so much?

Cruelbreed
05-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Pictures and video of them can be posted in this thread: http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4484#post4484

Truthfully though, why do some of us hate blackwater so much? I was viewing a video of dead BlackWater mercenaries and a lot of the comments seemed to profess a profound hatred of BlackWater. Many comments stating they deserve to die for being paid to kill babies essentially. Is this the truth? Is BlackWater as bad as we say, or were they actually helpful in the fight? Give me your honest answer, i'm curious as I don't even know what to think here.

Cruelbreed
05-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Oh, and I hear Blackwater is now called Xe

gundriver22
05-09-2009, 03:03 AM
Pictures and video of them can be posted in this thread: http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/showthread.php?p=4484#post4484

Truthfully though, why do some of us hate blackwater so much? I was viewing a video of dead BlackWater mercenaries and a lot of the comments seemed to profess a profound hatred of BlackWater. Many comments stating they deserve to die for being paid to kill babies essentially. Is this the truth? Is BlackWater as bad as we say, or were they actually helpful in the fight? Give me your honest answer, i'm curious as I don't even know what to think here.

Why do you even think you "need" to have an opinion on this?

I could almost gaurantee that anyone who says they "hate" Blackwater, doesn't know anyone who has ever been employed by Blackwater. Look, these people are mostly prior Military, and to hate them because they chose a mercenary's route in life is unjust to say the least. Yeah they get paid to do a job. For the most part they're very effective. If you were in the military as an E-5 infantryman and were offered a job that paid you $500 to $800 a day to do the same thing that you already do, would you think hard about it?

acf6
05-09-2009, 05:15 AM
I have a friend that did 2 6 month tours with Blackwater in Iraq. he was a former Captain with the US Army Rangers and was a swat team member of a large Police Dept. He made great money doing this job. He said he loved it. He didnt have any problems while their. From what he said and I have seen in the news it seems that a lot of military and politicians don't like them because they chose Blackwater over the military. As i say whats wrong with making good money with the training you have. I sure as hell would go with Blackwater if I had the training!!!!

napalmdeath1.0
05-09-2009, 07:19 AM

US army has less than 1.3milion active members, plus it is cheaper 2 hire a pvt company to do some work vs the expenses the military would need to fork out. the problem is that iraq is a free for all, you have contractors that are pure professionals and some fucking gunho rednecks coming for a few country's. but they do dangerous work, and getting paid top $$ is all part of the game. ppl need to watch a few documentarys regarding this topic, think i should go find a few and post

ghost
05-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I have a friend that did 2 6 month tours with Blackwater in Iraq. he was a former Captain with the US Army Rangers and was a swat team member of a large Police Dept. He made great money doing this job. He said he loved it. He didnt have any problems while their. From what he said and I have seen in the news it seems that a lot of military and politicians don't like them because they chose Blackwater over the military. As i say whats wrong with making good money with the training you have. I sure as hell would go with Blackwater if I had the training!!!!

Yeah, it wouldn't look too good if we had US troops guarding oil wells, would it? These guys are freeing up space for us, and giving us more slack so we can get military personnel to where we really need them.

I think Blackwater was under a bad light mainly because of majority Anti-war sentiment in the US. It was just easy to look at it and say, "oh look. this is how Bush is making money off of the war.", or some bullshit, uneducated statement like that. But there are hundreds and hundreds, maybe even thousands, of groups like this in the private sector. Blackwater was just singled out because people know the name. It's well known.

These are just professionals doing a job, getting paid to do it, and they're good at it. Yeah, there have been some bad incidents, but this is a war, nothing always goes the way you planned it. Innocent people do die sometimes. There was that incident where a bunch of Iraqi civilians were caught in the crossfire and killed in a firefight between Blackwater contractors, and Insurgents, and Blackwater was blamed for it. Things happen. As for who's fault it was; I wasn't there, so I'm not going to point fingers.

Cruelbreed
05-09-2009, 01:03 PM
They were replaced by another company called Triple Canopy. Then to salvage what they have, Blackwater changed its name to Xe. I was just surprised by some of the comments I saw in the thread. Knowing that many of these men were prior U.S. military. Now that they're in the private sector you had members saying they deserved to die, pretty much spitting on their bodies. So I was curious as to where such an opinion could have came from. It starts to play on the differences between serving active in the military and fighting Vs fighting on your own or privately. The former seems to be greatly frowned upon while the latter is well respected.

Woodbutcher824
05-09-2009, 05:22 PM

I would too, for $500 to $800 a day, if I wasn't so fuckin fat and busted up.:(

acf6
05-10-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm not able to confirm it, cause I don't feel its my buisness to ask him, but I heard he made $200,000-$250,000 for a 6 month tour!!!

ghost
05-10-2009, 02:29 AM
i would too, for $500 to $800 a day, if i wasn't so fuckin fat and busted up.:(

lol

JToKKo
05-10-2009, 03:26 AM
I got no problems with blackwater. I do however hate KBR for doing a shitty job in Iraq. Faulty wiring killed soldiers 11 soldiers. Toxic smoke exposed to soldiers. And wasting money at every turn. I heard that KBR made profit on any expenses. So, the more money they spent the more money they made. I hear they had burn piles to destroy perfectly good stuff. They spent $110 per day to house an employee and $1.49 to house a soldier.
watch this video - YouTube - US Troops in Iraq talk about Halliburton & KBR
dude it makes me sick.

napalmdeath1.0
05-11-2009, 06:32 AM
www.apacheclips.com/media/6094/PBS_Private_Warriors_-_QUALITY_DOCUMENTRY/

check this out boys.

napalmdeath1.0
05-11-2009, 06:32 AM
Private Warriors - FRONTLINE correspondent Martin Smith travels throughout Kuwait and Iraq to give viewers an unprecedented behind-the-scenes look at companies like Kellogg, Brown & Root, a Halliburton subsidiary, and its civilian army. KBR has 50,000 employees in Iraq and Kuwait that run U.S. military supply lines and operate U.S. military bases. KBR is also the largest contractor in Iraq, providing the Army with $11.84 billion dollars in services since 2002.