PDA

View Full Version : Privately owned Su-27 in U.S. ?

Cruelbreed
05-08-2009, 03:52 PM
http://www.tacticalairsupport.com/services.html

their plane
http://www.tacticalairsupport.com/services_files/plane31.jpg
(http://www.tacticalairsupport.com/services_files/plane31.jpg)

HolX
05-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Kind of silly that the Russians sell their fighter technology to anyone that wants it. Who knows what it's missing but it makes it obvious the U.S. is well aware of most russian fighter jet capabilities.. they're available EVERYWHERE.

napalmdeath1.0
05-08-2009, 07:51 PM
sweet, a pvt owned su27 you have to love capitalism :)

Cruelbreed
05-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Like what do you do with that thing? I think this company prepares them for their owners or something.

Cruelbreed
05-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Also supply trainers and leasing

air support

TAC AIR aircraft are available for adversary and training support of military operations. Our pilots are the most highly trained and experienced aviators of any company in this industry. TAC AIR aircraft are also available for commercial leasing opportunities.

air training

TAC AIR has developed a comprehensive training program based upon the principles developed at the Navy Fighter Weapon’s School (TOPGUN) and the Air Force Weapon’s School. Our training courses focus on initial jet transition, basic and advanced formation training and upset training. As a member of the TAC AIR squadron, you can keep your aircraft at our facility, or train in ours. Your aircraft will be ready for launch when you arrive to fly, an instructor will be available for a flight briefing, refresher flight and debrief. When flying solo, there will always be a duty officer on the radio providing backup and expertise. Once you land, your Plane Captain/Crew Chief will either turn your aircraft around for another flight or park it in the hangar until your next launch. This is not only the safest and surest way to train and fly, it also offers significant insurance savings and preserves your most valuable commodity; time!

consulting

TAC AIR offers competitively priced, highly experienced, tactically current, and technically qualified consulting services from subject matter experts who are available for short durations, long-term projects, or on a periodic basis. Our ready professionals are prepared to tackle your project individually or as a group. TAC AIR can assemble a team that covers the full spectrum of tactical aviation. From basic data analysis; to Tactics, Technique and Procedures (TTP) development; culminating in full-scale, comprehensive Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) creation - TAC AIR has a proven team to make your project a success.

PROJECTS PAST & PRESENT

• F/A-18 IR Vulnerability Study

• Battle Space Networking Project

• Link-16 Vulnerability Study

• Third Party Targeting in a Maritime Environment using Link-16 Tactics Development

• Update to the Naval Strike Warfare Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Publication

• Direct Support of the Technical Director, Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center

• Surface Warfare Improvement Program

• RFI Response for C2F, C3F, COMPACFLT, CFFC, NAVAIR, and SPAWAR

TAC AIR is currently serving as a prime contractor to the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center (NSAWC) for TTP development and a subcontractor for DDL OMNI Engineering while working Tactics Development and Evaluation projects supporting NSAWC, PMA-209, and the Naval Warfare Development Command. TAC AIR is qualified SeaPort-E (http://www.tacticalairsupport.com/seaport) provider.

engineering

In keeping with our model of saving the military money, our engineers are focused on providing rapid, responsive solutions to our men and women in uniform. Adapting a “Skunk Works” type of philosophy with an agile company pair’s dynamic capability that produces innovative and cost effective results.

fighter lead in training (flit)

TAC AIR is currently developing a Fighter Lead In Training program for foreign customers wishing to cut costs and capitalize on the tremendous training experience resident with Tactical Air Support.

topgun communications

TAC AIR has teamed with Topgun Communications to provide consultants capable of providing leadership development training that translates our principles of success in the air into principles applicable to business. www.topguncommunications.com (http://www.topguncommunications.com/)

dmaxx3500
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
''bob lutz'' vp at gm has a russian fighter

Toki
08-19-2009, 10:29 PM
It has to be a pain to fix one of those.

Payne
10-07-2009, 08:02 AM
As far as i know, all russian military aircrafts wich are to be sold to a third party partner are pretty much downgraded: engine has 80 % of the power, sensors range is 4 or 40 km shorter compared to the russian military counter parts... will look onto details

slowz3r
10-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Hell the USAF has a squaron based out of groom lake that flies russian fighters so they really dont do a good job keeping track of where there equipment goes

joedan
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
If I had that kind of cash I think I'd rather have an F-4 Phantom. What a brute. Love that aircraft.

Spieler
11-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Only one note - these are not russian. Ukraine sold these two. Just 19 years ago there were no differences betwen russian or ukrainean, but nowadays there is big difference.
Ukrainian army formally exist at the expense of such sales now. In 2008 the few divisions of Buk-M1 (SA-11 Gadfly) and T-72 were sold to Georgia in such way)). Or you can probadly remember ukraineans "Colchuga" in Iraq.

Spieler
11-07-2009, 09:21 AM
And here is its systems test
YouTube- Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker engine runs

dmaxx3500
12-14-2009, 11:23 PM
thats ok,but i want an F-14 Tomcat

greenmamba
12-16-2009, 11:21 AM
thats ok,but i want an F-14 Tomcat

Look for a cheap one in iran. They have got a few but the U.S. sells them no spare parts.
So most of them stand pretty much useless on the ground

pack21269
12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
It has to be a pain to fix one of those.

I doubt it, all Russian equipment its meant to be repaired with a hammer and some duck tape. lol

death2mooj
12-23-2009, 07:31 PM
could always get counterfeited parts from china to fix it