PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Warrior Green Berets vs. Spetz Natz

Dave R
05-06-2009, 12:54 PM
There is a new show on Spike tv ( United States ) where they compare two groups of warriors against each other with computer programs to see who would win in a battle.

Tuesday May 12th the match up is Green Berets vs. Spetz Natz.

I made this post to let you all know if you haven't already about this show, and also who do you think would win in this match up?

ghost
05-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Hmm interesting.

shootfirst83
05-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm gonna say Green Beret but I'm a little biased...

ghost
05-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Well, regardless of whoever is better trained, or who has more combat experience, politics still comes into play, whether you like it or not. America, being as obsessed with political correctness and social acceptability, as it is, has a huge drawback because of that. Whenever US troops enter a combat zone, they're going in with their hands behind their backs. Politicians, lawyers, and bullshit ROE. It all goes downhill, when our enemies are able to file lawsuits against our troops. Now, someone please tell me how the fuck that works?

Here's a perfect, real life example -
http://www.defendthedefenders.org/marsoc_20070508_letter_from_ilario.php

So, the Russians definitely have the upper hand in that. As far as who is actually better. I hope we never have to find out. But I would sure as hell hope that we are.

Dave R
05-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Well, regardless of whoever is better trained, or who has more combat experience, politics still comes into play, whether you like it or not. America, being as obsessed with political correctness and social acceptability, as it is, has a huge drawback because of that. Whenever US troops enter a combat zone, they're going in with their hands behind their backs. Politicians, lawyers, and bullshit ROE. It all goes downhill, when our enemies are able to file lawsuits against our troops. Now, someone please tell me how the fuck that works?

Here's a perfect, real life example -
http://www.defendthedefenders.org/marsoc_20070508_letter_from_ilario.php

So, the Russians definitely have the upper hand in that. As far as who is actually better. I hope we never have to find out. But I would sure as hell hope that we are.

As far as politics being involved in the tv show its not even a factor. They just test what the weapons ( rifle, knives and ect ) they use, and how skilled and deadly they are with them using pressure censers and ballistic jell dummies.

ghost
05-06-2009, 02:51 PM
Ah, okay. So basically it just compares their equipment and training...

Cruelbreed
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I think the show is always going to be pretty biased. Last one I saw was Yakuza vs Mafia which was pretty interesting. I also saw pirates vs knights and I noticed Greenberets vs spetsnaz was coming on tuesday! I'm going to watch it and we can hope to discuss it then.