PDA

View Full Version : In regards to Wikileak Julian Assange founder fleeing to Ecuador embassy - QUESTION

Stark
06-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Here is an interesting thought I had this morning, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has officially asked the Ecuadorian Government for asylum and has fled from the British authorities before they had a chance to arrest him into the Ecuadorian embassy in London.
Now I know that as long as he stays in the Ecuadorian embassy he is save but what happens if Equator approve his asylum status? Will he be able to leave the embassy let’s say to catch a flight into Equator? Or can the British authorities arrest him as soon as he left the sovern grounds of the Ecuadorian Embassy?
If so does that mean they have to smuggle him out via a hidden tunnel passage and ship him to Equator by a small fishing vessel? All good stuff and very interesting.

Clodius
06-20-2012, 05:20 AM
I believe they would have to afford him safe passage. If memory serves me right they had to let the killer of Yvonne Fletcher go because of the veil of diplomacy.

Stark
06-20-2012, 08:22 AM
I believe they would have to afford him safe passage. If memory serves me right they had to let the killer of Yvonne Fletcher go because of the veil of diplomacy.

So if they drive him in a limo that is the official limo from the embassy they will not be able to arrest him.

Clodius
06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
For that you'd have to ask a lawyer, but I don't think so...I mean the Libyans got away with murder, what's this guy done but spill the beans here and there and had an argument with a couple of whores?

sw1442
06-20-2012, 11:45 AM
For that you'd have to ask a lawyer, but I don't think so...I mean the Libyans got away with murder, what's this guy done but spill the beans here and there and had an argument with a couple of whores?

Don't you know we're in the age of the thought police? That's plenty to warrant Interpol attention these days.

I just can't believe he brazenly told the world that we killed tens of thousands more civilians than we admitted, what an asshole, let's get him with a drone. We might want to bomb Ecuador too just to be safe, sounds like they are powing around with terrorists.

Sixx
06-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Don't you know we're in the age of the thought police? That's plenty to warrant Interpol attention these days.

I just can't believe he brazenly told the world that we killed tens of thousands more civilians than we admitted, what an asshole, let's get him with a drone. We might want to bomb Ecuador too just to be safe, sounds like they are powing around with terrorists.

blah blah blah blah blah

BrendenF11
06-20-2012, 10:03 PM
I can understand the outrage over everything that him, and his subordinates have published. I in no way support how he published the information that he obtained, there were far to many details which put many peoples lives at risk. At the same time there is a reason for his publishment of every article he has published. Should he have handled it different, I think so, should have have not went a head with the publishments of every article he published? No.

A free society is a free society, and while there are very few things the governments have to restrict from the people, most of what he published was not. I do not respect him, in the way he published the materials, but I respect him for being a much better source of the truth than most media outlets today.

All in all I still don't like him. Then again I am torn between two evils.

Sixx
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
I can understand the outrage over everything that him, and his subordinates have published. I in no way support how he published the information that he obtained, there were far to many details which put many peoples lives at risk. At the same time there is a reason for his publishment of every article he has published. Should he have handled it different, I think so, should have have not went a head with the publishments of every article he published? No.

A free society is a free society, and while there are very few things the governments have to restrict from the people, most of what he published was not. I do not respect him, in the way he published the materials, but I respect him for being a much better source of the truth than most media outlets today.

All in all I still don't like him. Then again I am torn between two evils.

Unfortunately Assange is not about TRUTH. He's just another greedy criminal.

BrendenF11
06-20-2012, 10:50 PM
Agreed but some of the classified transcripts that have come to light from what his organization has done, have been the most fair and balanced reporting (as far as I can figure), over anything that I have heard in years. Is there a monentary inolvement, yes. I hate it becuase I in no way agree with what assange has done, but people can have better understandings of the truth than those "facts" presented by mainstream media.