06-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Florida Woman Doused With Gas, Set on Fire

inShare
Share this

Email
Print
By Andrew Chow, JD at FindLaw.com
Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13pm EDT
A Florida woman was doused with gasoline and set on fire at a 7-Eleven in a horrific crime caught on tape.

The woman, who is not being identified, is being treated for severe burns, police in Boynton Beach, Fla., told The Palm Beach Post. Her ex-boyfriend, 59-year-old Roosevelt Mondesir, was arrested on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder.

The woman met Mondesir at the 7-Eleven, where they were supposed to exchange custody of their 4-year-old son. But the boy, who was in Mondesir's custody, was not there.

With a history of alleged violence between Roosevelt Mondesir and the woman, the woman started to leave, the Post reports.

That's when Mondesir grabbed a gas canister from his Jaguar and allegedly doused the woman with gasoline.

Surveillance video shows the gas-soaked woman running inside the store and using her body to keep the door shut. But Mondesir, armed with a long knife, forced the door open. He allegedly set the woman on fire as she ran away.

The incident happened shortly before 3 a.m. Monday. Police found Mondesir hiding in nearby bushes about 5:45 a.m. They found the knife and gas container in his car.

Mondesir appeared in court Tuesday, and a judge denied bail. He also denied Mondesir's request for a public defender, because Mondesir's income was too high.

Under Florida law, attempted murder can be punished by a lengthy prison sentence. Defenses include abandonment -- renouncing any criminal intent -- and self-defense. Neither seems to apply in Roosevelt Mondesir's alleged dousing of a woman with gas and setting her on fire.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8ca_1339440794

Florida is the pipe from the bottom of the toilet bowl that takes the shit out da house.

brightgoo
06-13-2012, 10:56 PM
un believeable. I'm glad I have guns. Would I be arrested, if I witnessed this and went up and "flicked" that animal in his head with a .45 slug? I would still do it, hopeing to get a spot on liveleak

Mel
06-14-2012, 08:54 PM
WTF is wrong with people?!!!!
I'm at a loss for words.The only thing I can think of,is dragging that fucker behind my truck.Then giving him an alcohol bath.