PDA

View Full Version : Iraq's M1 Abrams.

Cruelbreed
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Moving forward!

Cruelbreed
05-05-2009, 01:06 AM
I think they'll be getting F-16's soon too. I wonder if these are the right moves. If they lose their minds I guess we just stop providing maintenance like with venezuela and iran?

JToKKo
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Whoa, thats nuts. Seeing the Iraqi flag flying over an Abrahms just ..... nuts.

Scott
05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
OMG? am i right that the US has given Iraq Abrahams? them beutiful tanks, lets hope their be able to operate them to their full potential and fuck the taliban up, either way aslong as it gets used to its full potential and kills the taliban its all good :)

i'll format during the week, hopefully then my windows movie maker will work alogn with Sony Vegas, then i will definatly make some Slideshows of Abrahams, firefights and cobras.

Scott
05-05-2009, 03:55 PM
heres some images.

Cruelbreed
05-05-2009, 10:12 PM
very nice, they'll have to just learn to maintain them. I'm sure it'll also be a U.s. source of revenue but we're counting more on the security factor I assume.

EndUSA
05-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Ohh, so those are the tanks we'll most likely be fighting against in the next 10+ years? Wonderful!

ghost
05-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Excellent pictures, Tavarez. Last I heard, they were getting about 100 of them(M1A1s), along with a good handful of uparmored and refitted T-72s(not the pieces of shit, they had before). This will definitely help them to defend themselves after the majority of US forces leave.

Although, I wonder how these M1s compare to the ones that Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt have.

Woodbutcher824
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Those look like old versions of the M1A.

Did anyone spot, any of the reflective armor panels?

leahcimnosirrom
05-06-2009, 07:50 PM
we gave the saudis m1a1s and they soon fell into disrepair.... they wouldn't due the scheduled work / maintenance on them. from my friends that where over there they said it came down to culture. it is manly in the states to repair and or fix your ride or gear..... not there. that work was below most tank crews because most held status in saudi society. iraq? that is a different animal all together.... but it would not surprise me if the same happened. i could be wrong, but the tanks and planes we give them will be missing some systems and gear. if the tankers take care of there equipment, they might pose a threat but "pride" is something miss guided over there.

ghost
05-06-2009, 11:00 PM
we gave the saudis m1a1s and they soon fell into disrepair.... they wouldn't due the scheduled work / maintenance on them. from my friends that where over there they said it came down to culture. it is manly in the states to repair and or fix your ride or gear..... not there. that work was below most tank crews because most held status in saudi society. iraq? that is a different animal all together.... but it would not surprise me if the same happened. i could be wrong, but the tanks and planes we give them will be missing some systems and gear. if the tankers take care of there equipment, they might pose a threat but "pride" is something miss guided over there.

Hmm. I've never really looked at it that way. Interesting.

So, is it the same for the Egyptian and Kuwaiti M1s, as well?

leahcimnosirrom
05-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Hmm. I've never really looked at it that way. Interesting.

So, is it the same for the Egyptian and Kuwaiti M1s, as well?

not sure.... i know the u.s. contracts out some maintenance to private contractors, they might due the same if their tech department is not up to par. i can see that happening in kuwait and egypt. civilians maintaining them.

nastyleg
05-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Well look at the fucking trucks we give thier IP's. They are Fords however not many Fords floating around Iraq so the trucks get used and abused then stripped for parts until there are none around then they go back to using Bongo trucks. Seen it happen too many times when I was working with Emergency Response Unit 2(ERU2) in Tikrit this last go around.