PDA

View Full Version : russia shooting ICBMs over mid east

eaglethebeagle
06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
‘UFO’ over Middle East reportedly a Russian missile test
By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – 11 hrs ago
Email
Print

A mysterious light seen over several countries in the Middle East on Thursday night has been confirmed by multiple sources as a Russian intercontinental ballistic missile test. There had been speculation that the strange sight, which was seen over countries in the region including Syria, Israel and Iran, might have been some sort of unidentified aircraft.
The object was first seen when journalist Rob Stevens posted an image to his Twitter account. Stevens wrote, "Just Seen a strange UFO over Fheis. It hovered, and then made a swirl and disappeared."
Ynet News reports that the missile test resulted in hundreds of calls to Israeli police stations. The Russian Defense Ministry confirmed that the missile test originated in the Astrakhan region in central Russia and was spotted in several other countries along the way, including Armenia, Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.
"It most likely spun out of control and its remnants and the fuel was what people saw," Israeli Astronomical Association Chairman Dr. Yigal Pat-El told Ynet News. "It reached a height of 200-300 kilometers and that's why it was seen from so many locations."
The Jerusalem Post Yaakov Lappin also confirmed the test, tweeting: "Mysterious light explained. Russia announces it carried out successful inter-continental ballistic missile test."
You can view several other videos of the missile sighting taken from Syria and one allegedly shot in Iran.
Video game players may appreciate the observation of one particular YouTube commenter, who said of the video Alan Wake: "IN SPACE!_ Great flashlight."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q9TlyroKp_E#!

What the fuck are they thinking?

eaglethebeagle
06-09-2012, 09:27 AM
What if this missile went down and killed some innocent people in one of these other countries?

http://en.ria.ru/world/20120608/173909619.html

eaglethebeagle
06-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Russia successfully tests intercontinental missileUpdated: 2012-06-08 16:40 ( Xinhua) Comments(0)PrintMailLarge Medium Small
MOSCOW - The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces (RVSN) successfully test-fired a Topol RS-12M intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), local media reported on Friday.

Spokesman for the (RVSN) Colonel Vadim Koval told reporters that the missile, Thursday launched from Kapustin Yar launch site in the southern Russian region of Astrakhan, hit the target in Sary Shagan range in Kazakhstan with required accuracy.

Koval said the launch was intended to test the stability of the missile with prolonged service life.

The RS-12M Topol is a single-warhead ICBM that entered service in 1985. The Russian military announced last year the service life of the Topol missile could be extended to 2019.

The 45-ton three-stage missile has a maximum range of 10,000 km and can carry a nuclear warhead with a yield of 550 kilotons.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2012-06/08/content_15489021.htm

Pittsburgh
06-09-2012, 10:40 AM
The original reports could be wrong...

Maybe the Russians actually saw E.T. in the sky and attempted to shoot him down with a missile and possibly save the world from a massive extraterrestrial invasion? Maybe one of Putin's childhood dreams is to straddle a captured UFO while naked and orbit the earth? That's a very real possibility.

I'm willing to wait and hear what the Russians have to say before I jump to negative conclusions. It should be interesting as always.

DevilDog812
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
And we are still deciding on what to do with counter missile sites across Europe? WW3 will be caused by trusting the Kremlin.

MadeInRu
06-09-2012, 05:06 PM
ROFL! Dudes, i've seen those tests many times, still alive ;)

You're reacting like little boys :D They've seen a rocket first time..... wow... NOT... :D

DevilDog, and you've been in the future? Please do tell us why the 3rd WW start? You seems to have an inside info? Don't make me laugh....

MadeInRu
06-09-2012, 05:06 PM
ROFL! Dudes, i've seen those tests many times, still alive ;)

You're reacting like little boys :D They've seen a rocket first time..... wow... NOT... :D

DevilDog, and you've been in the future? Please do tell us why the 3rd WW start? You seems to have an inside info? Don't make me laugh....

Pittsburgh
06-09-2012, 05:54 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I'm just having fun with it.

Quite frankly, I find Russia in general to be absolutely comical. I really don't care if they fired a missile or if it was simply the hot air (beautiful, wet, sugary tasting, sexy hot air of course) being released out of Putin's ass.

Again, just having fun with it. Deep breath.

MadeInRu
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
seen those many times in the 90s, nothing new or out of this world... Maybe more steam the fire?

Sixx
06-09-2012, 06:37 PM
I wouldn't worry about crappy Russian missiles.
Our missile alert rate vs theirs?

No contest.
Plus we have UFOs stored at Area-51 :D

We win

AMERICA ÜBER ALLES

Pittsburgh
06-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't worry about crappy Russian missiles.
Our missile alert rate vs theirs?

No contest.
Plus we have UFOs stored at Area-51 :D

We win

AMERICA ÜBER ALLES

Oh snap! Cold War started up again. Putin is coming after your ass, in all his naked glory.

atrox6661
06-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh snap! Cold War started up again. Putin is coming after your ass, in all his naked glory.

Implying that the cold war ever ended.

eaglethebeagle
06-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Its says successful but again if it had failed and went down in any other country other than russia what would be the result if it had killed innocents on the ground?

MadeInRu
06-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I'm just having fun with it.

Quite frankly, I find Russia in general to be absolutely comical. I really don't care if they fired a missile or if it was simply the hot air (beautiful, wet, sugary tasting, sexy hot air of course) being released out of Putin's ass.

Again, just having fun with it. Deep breath.

You don't care if ICBM's will be fired ?How old are you?

MadeInRu
06-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Don't let me laugh.... You all know what is like when ICBM is landing on your ass? All that bad ass talking comes from the people who never seen life.....

When that old rusty Russian ICBM will drop on your head... oops 20 megaton.... oops 1000 square miles are dead...

But hey, you all know the best...

Pittsburgh
06-09-2012, 08:46 PM
How old are you?

146 years old. What are you going to buy me?

MadeInRu
06-09-2012, 09:02 PM
146 years old. What are you going to buy me?

146? A wheel chair will do the trick?

Pittsburgh
06-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Nope, no deal.

My counteroffer....

Putin, exposing his insecure girl tits and posing next to sixteen dead grizzlies, fifteen dead great whites and twenty dead aliens that he personally shot down with those "missiles".

In return...

The entire (repeat, ENTIRE) amount of semen collected from MSNBC and CNN studios after an Obama interview or story.

Deal?

(I feel like I'm on "Pawn Stars")

eaglethebeagle
06-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Don't let me laugh.... You all know what is like when ICBM is landing on your ass? All that bad ass talking comes from the people who never seen life.....

When that old rusty Russian ICBM will drop on your head... oops 20 megaton.... oops 1000 square miles are dead...

But hey, you all know the best...

wow MIR this is the first time I have heard you sound so serious in your comments. Your very much the russian fanboy but like Sixx has said why did you leave russia? It gets really hard to tell where you stand on issues like this when you are arguing that it is nothing to talk about yet if the United States had fired an ICBM across several countries the world would have lit up like a Christmas tree with anger.

MadeInRu
06-10-2012, 06:56 PM
wow MIR this is the first time I have heard you sound so serious in your comments. Your very much the russian fanboy but like Sixx has said why did you leave russia? It gets really hard to tell where you stand on issues like this when you are arguing that it is nothing to talk about yet if the United States had fired an ICBM across several countries the world would have lit up like a Christmas tree with anger.

Like Sixx said? Did you forgot my answer already? I never was in Russia to start with..... I'm arguing about 1 simple thing, you talk about launching ICBM like its a computer game, and i know better! I would stand on my knees and say that you are the smartest person alive to prevent it! You just can't get the whole thing in your head it seems.... Launching ICBM is the end of the world as we know it! There will be nothing left.... Nothing at all!!! But i'm not the bad ass enough to play cool and say bring it on....

BrendenF11
06-10-2012, 07:59 PM
So it sounds like the fired a missle over their own territory, and it landed on their own territoy. That's not all that big of a deal, I was also under the impression that countries that fire off any ICBM's or any kind of nuclear capable rocket notify all other nuclear nations that they are performing a test. That way there is not a panic in the other countries early warning stations and prevents any kind of preemptive strike from another nation.

eaglethebeagle
06-10-2012, 08:59 PM
So it sounds like the fired a missle over their own territory, and it landed on their own territoy. That's not all that big of a deal, I was also under the impression that countries that fire off any ICBM's or any kind of nuclear capable rocket notify all other nuclear nations that they are performing a test. That way there is not a panic in the other countries early warning stations and prevents any kind of preemptive strike from another nation.

@Brenden

I agree it is fine if they keep the thing over their own land BUT this was clearly not just over russia. It is not possible for people in Syria, Jordan, Iran, Israel to see the missile if it had been only over russia. Look at a map and explain how it was video taped in Israel if it never left russian air space?

So I can then determine that there was no authorization by certainly Israel for russia to test an ICBM over their country. That is really easy to deduce in this story. Why if any nation was notified were all the people who witnessed it surprised? Why was the story about a UFO until it was then figured out it was russia and their ICBM test?

So I dont just buy into whatever bullshit is being sold now after the fact.

eaglethebeagle
06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Like Sixx said? Did you forgot my answer already? I never was in Russia to start with..... I'm arguing about 1 simple thing, you talk about launching ICBM like its a computer game, and i know better! I would stand on my knees and say that you are the smartest person alive to prevent it! You just can't get the whole thing in your head it seems.... Launching ICBM is the end of the world as we know it! There will be nothing left.... Nothing at all!!! But i'm not the bad ass enough to play cool and say bring it on....

I am not being badass and saying bring it on I am being pretty pissed off and saying dont fucking shoot your fucking missiles over non russian nations. If I was Israel and I didnt give a fuck I would shoot my fucking entire nuclear arsenal off straight at the fucking Kremlin.

BrendenF11
06-10-2012, 09:26 PM
@Brenden

I agree it is fine if they keep the thing over their own land BUT this was clearly not just over russia. It is not possible for people in Syria, Jordan, Iran, Israel to see the missile if it had been only over russia. Look at a map and explain how it was video taped in Israel if it never left russian air space?

So I can then determine that there was no authorization by certainly Israel for russia to test an ICBM over their country. That is really easy to deduce in this story. Why if any nation was notified were all the people who witnessed it surprised? Why was the story about a UFO until it was then figured out it was russia and their ICBM test?

So I dont just buy into whatever bullshit is being sold now after the fact.

"Spokesman for the (RVSN) Colonel Vadim Koval told reporters that the missile, Thursday launched from Kapustin Yar launch site in the southern Russian region of Astrakhan, hit the target in Sary Shagan range in Kazakhstan with required accuracy."

The map doesn't lie, from kaputsin yar to astrakhan the most likely route is either a northern or southern bow, going in a south eastern direction, away from israel and more towards Iran. Plus if conditions are right and something is high enough in the sky you can see it from a long ways away. Hell I can see a tiny light bulb flashing on a plane flying at 30000 ft above my house on a nice night. There would be a lot more hub bub on all the media outlets if this had flown over Iran, Israel or Turkey. Plus the boosters on those rockets are certainly potent and are not by any means a small flame. Another example would be the Space Station, I can see that move over when the conditions are right, and that isn't exactly 10 ft off the ground.

In regards to officials not being notified that a nation is going to run a test with some sort of a missle or rocket, well information only has to go so far. I would imagine that the information would only be put forth to the people that need to know, IE early warning stations, nuclear weapons facilities, and very high ranking members at military instillations. Local officials have bigger fish to fry than some other nation conducting a missle test.

jamieooh
06-10-2012, 10:33 PM
I found this on MSLSD (MSNBC)
Update for 3 p.m. ET June 8: In an email, Oberg says the video appears to show the normal ascent of a Russian ICBM. Here's his explanation:

"The 'spiral' does not look to me to be a sign of a 'failed missile test' — it has been a common visual feature of Russian missile launches for more than 30 years and seems associated with a roll maneuver to 'dump' unwanted surplus thrust for short-range test flights. Since you can't shut down a solid fuel rocket early, you need to find a way to dump thrust so you don't overshoot a target.

"One way is to open portals on the sides of the rocket as it burns — sending much of the thrust out to the sides. Two opposite facing portals are usually installed, to counterbalance the thrust and not knock it off course.

"A careful analysis of the infamous 'Norway spiral' several years ago shows twin plumes emerging from the central object, in opposite directions. An alternate method is just to pitch the rocket off 'straight ahead' and then corkscrew, so as to spray some of the thrust off to the sides and keep your speed down to what you really need. Otherwise you'll overshoot your intended target.

"This launch was from the Volga River Kapustin Yar test range, active since 1947, but ICBM tests are infrequent. Direction was east, headed for the Sary Shagan impact zone in Kazakhstan, normally used only for testing anti-missile radars and interceptor missiles. That's hardly more than 2,000 kilometers away, so the test clearly wasn't of the missile itself but of its warhead's 'penaids' — penetration aids to frustrate tracking and targeting by U.S. anti-missile systems. This would result in a very unusual trajectory to get up to full ICBM speed without overshooting the target zone — probably lofted a lot higher than normal and then headed back down towards the target zone while still thrusting.

"The range from Kazakhstan to Israel isn't that great — the missile got 'above the horizon' from Israel pretty quickly, even with Earth's curvature.

"Another contributing factor: It's June — near the time of the 'midnight sun' in northern latitudes. That means sunlight is streaming over the pole, throughout the night. Something in the northern sky above the atmosphere over Kazakhstan would be backlit by that sunlight.

"These 'accidental' factors combined to make this show possible. And the widespread availability of pocket camcorders made recording it much more common than in the past."
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/08/12114090-ufo-widely-seen-in-middle-east-skies-linked-to-russian-missile-test?lite

MadeInRu
06-10-2012, 10:47 PM
I am not being badass and saying bring it on I am being pretty pissed off and saying dont fucking shoot your fucking missiles over non russian nations. If I was Israel and I didnt give a fuck I would shoot my fucking entire nuclear arsenal off straight at the fucking Kremlin.
Oh... You're not being a bad ass but yet you want to launch a whole freaking arsenal at Kremlin? A Darwin award nomination here? Do you even understand what launching your whole arsenal of ICBMs means?

Well, guess what.... Just maybe they told Israel that they will perform this test? You called them? Or did they forgot to inform you about that launch?

You know more then any of us?

Sixx
06-10-2012, 11:42 PM
It means good bye Russia.
I'm very confident that the United States would still be standing.

The cold war never ended and we are still training and maintaining.

Do you understand alert rates in regards to nuclear weapons?
Nobody can beat us when it comes to nuclear domination.

Our missile defense will void all Russian RVs

eaglethebeagle
06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
"These 'accidental' factors combined to make this show possible. And the widespread availability of pocket camcorders made recording it much more common than in the past."

@Jaime this last line to me spells the truth. "accidental factors" + "widespread availability of pocket camcorders made recording it much more common than in the past" they were not prepared for this to be videotaped by those who did tape it. They also admit the range of distance was too short for a true ICBM test. That to me says this is all bullshit.

@MIR

First, I am not saying shoot the kremlin I am saying if I was Israel and they decided to not give a fuck about the world then turn the keys and open launch sites and program coordinates on all your nukes directly on the Kremlin.

If you want to know why I say this ok I will answer that good question.

Because it is solely russia who gives iran the courage to pursue nuclear weapons. russia has their hand and arm up irans asshole directing them to build nukes. Without russia supporting iran iran would be sitting down and behaving like a well trained dog.

There are very clear video from Israel of this rocket. The explanation of it being high in the sky isnt meshing with who saw this and reported it. Look at the nations listed as reporting it. The line of the countries that say they saw it goes south west in direction.

rocky5544
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Methinks to myself someone here, thread starter, is a Paultard cult member who spends way too much time in Infowars all while using a sock and KY to express his man love for Alex Jones.

These type of threads have no business here as this site has been and is a respected site. This type of tin foil nonsense belongs on the wacko sites like infowars (dot) com. Plenty of retards there to praise the crap and hand out the recco's.

MadeInRu
06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Methinks to myself someone here, thread starter, is a Paultard cult member who spends way too much time in Infowars all while using a sock and KY to express his man love for Alex Jones.

These type of threads have no business here as this site has been and is a respected site. This type of tin foil nonsense belongs on the wacko sites like infowars (dot) com. Plenty of retards there to praise the crap and hand out the recco's.

Hahahahaahah Mate, if i saw you in RL, i would have kissed you hahahahaha You put it 100% on target mate, hats off to you :D

Sixx
06-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Hahahahaahah Mate, if i saw you in RL, i would have kissed you hahahahaha You put it 100% on target mate, hats off to you :D

You'd probably do more than just kiss.....

Sixx
06-11-2012, 08:28 PM

100 percent on target huh?
Where are all the 9/11 was an inside job threads?

Where are the threads talking about Fema Deathcamps and evil military men pushing martial law? Where are the threads with instructions on how to shoot down U.S. military drones in United States airspace?

The Russian threat is real.
No conspiracy.

It's really not all that hard to comprehend either.

MadeInRu
06-11-2012, 09:13 PM
100 percent on target huh?
Where are all the 9/11 was an inside job threads?

Where are the threads talking about Fema Deathcamps and evil military men pushing martial law? Where are the threads with instructions on how to shoot down U.S. military drones in United States airspace?

The Russian threat is real.
No conspiracy.

It's really not all that hard to comprehend either.

Well, of course its real. We do have investments in USA... If we pull them back its a real threat....

Sixx
06-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Well, of course its real. We do have investments in USA... If we pull them back its a real threat....

Maybe next time we can build a bigger and better relations reset button. :) So we won't have problems in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzc7FlRium8

eaglethebeagle
06-12-2012, 04:32 PM
The only investments I know about are is the owner of the New Jersey Nets is a russian billionaire. So if we have global thermonuclear war it wont matter if the Nets exist or not regardless. Actually it doesn't matter that the Nets exist now from how competitive they have been in the NBA.