PDA

View Full Version : 2012 olympics shit talking thread

eaglethebeagle
06-08-2012, 08:08 AM
http://<div id="wpdc_embed_13391738661" style="display: none">London Olympic 2012 Countdown</div><head></head><script src="http://www.widgipedia.com/embed/infontips/London-Olympic-2012-Countdown_13635w-13391738661t-1339173866818i-32768p.js"></script>Lets predict how many GOLD medals America has over which ever second place country likely Germany or China. I say we have a good dozen more than the second place losers. Total medal count is for losers who like second and third place.

http://www.widgipedia.com/widgets/customize/infontips/London-Olympic-2012-Countdown_13635.htmlhttp://www.widgipedia.com/widgets/customize/infontips/London-Olympic-2012-Countdown_13635.html

gazzthompson
06-08-2012, 09:05 AM
If its anything like the last, I say about 20 less than China :P

Stark
06-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Lets predict how many GOLD medals America has over which ever second place country likely Germany or China. I say we have a good dozen more than the second place losers. Total medal count is for losers who like second and third place.

uh controversial - I like it!!!

eaglethebeagle
07-09-2012, 02:20 AM
chalk up one gold in mens basketball
add 5 or 6 more for mens swimming Phelps is money.

You know boxing we got some golds there

So then track and field more golds.

China will get some for diving or the girls dancing with hoola hoops like always ping pong of course.

Russia will get some for womens tennis and weight lifting

Germany will get gold in womens wrestling if you have dated a German women then you know already.

Japan gets some fencing gold.

So there is how it shapes up.

Britain likely will not get much gold metals I predict. No strengths in any area.

Pittsburgh
07-17-2012, 11:48 AM
chalk up one gold in mens basketball

Losing Bosh and Griffin sort of hurts, especially a big man under the basket like Bosh.

Up next, we play Great Britain and then Argentina. Argentina is a team we shouldn't take lightly. They're not bad at all. We could have a brain fart against them. Still, I would rather lose a friendly match right now than when it actually matters. If we happen to lose a friendly, good luck to the team that beats us because they will have to do it a second time.

I see us grabbing gold in men's basketball...and women's for that matter. Our women are damn good.

My personal opinion? I feel the olympic committee should have a "Beerfest" event. I dislike the summer games and will only watch boxing and basketball, but I would gladly watch a "Beerfest" event. If these brain trusts consider "speed walking" an olympic event, beer chugging should be as well.

eaglethebeagle
07-27-2012, 12:08 AM
what I like so far is there is no shit talking from any Euros or Canadians or Aussies or Russians. Shit all quiet with less than 12 hours to go from the start. Looks like they remember what happened last Summer Games........mu ha ha ha haaaaaa the evil world power empire of America.

Shits and giggles aside I know china will win ping pong gold.

veritas44
07-27-2012, 01:02 AM
I like the summer Olympics because we do win a shit load of gold...But by god we can't ski worth a shit. I personally think cow patty tossing should be an Olympic sport we would clean house :)

gazzthompson
07-27-2012, 05:58 AM
What Do you mean remember last summer Olympics eagle? Like how China got the most golds?

Pittsburgh
07-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Shits and giggles aside I know china will win ping pong gold.

In gymnastics, you always have to wonder if the crooked Chinese are fielding roided-up 8-yr olds and attempting to pass them off as 18-20-year olds. It's no wonder why.

The olympic games in general have always made me a little skeptical. You don't know if you're getting a judge/official who plays favorites with one country over another or has anti-American sentiments. Getting hosed is always a very real possibility, just ask the 1972 USA men's basketball team for just one example.

The good news, our men's basketball team is looking strong. We rolled over Great Britain with relative ease. Argentina was a close fight, but we pulled it off by six. Spain was tough in the beginning, but then we woke up. Up next, France on Sunday, who isn't bad. In my opinion, Argentina, Spain and France are the three teams we have to worry about when it comes to men's basketball.

In boxing, I would love to see light heavyweight and Marine sergeant Jamel Herring take gold.

MadeInRu
07-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Well, i know Kazakhstan is awesome in Boxing, but in feather weight (Not sure how its called in English exactly) In light weights in any case.

But not a big fan of summer Olympics in all honesty, prefer winter ones.

jamieooh
07-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Pitts,
"In gymnastics, you always have to wonder if the crooked Chinese are fielding roided-up 8-yr olds and attempting to pass them off as 18-20-year olds. It's no wonder why."
everytime i think of the chinese team I think of this lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BSL74cN9nQ

eaglethebeagle
07-28-2012, 01:38 AM
What Do you mean remember last summer Olympics eagle? Like how China got the most golds?

Well for anyone to consider china equal in their training methods considering their communist ways of doing things then ok. I would never give china credit for their victories when they are forcing their Olympians to train from infants. Its is not a free choice for them they are made to train despite whether it is their choice.

Funny that you would come and argue for china here at AC gazz. That is ripe as hell.

Let me just toss in this recent news piece for good measure on gazzs beloved china.

Chinese doctor reveals state-sponsored dopinghttp://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/NR8lBLSHOrNcNqvFbfqx6Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9Zml0O2g9NDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/logo/afp/afp.gif (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AlEa74KD_5l10Xr.KbBRFc4LcykA;_ylu=X3oDMTFsZG1 2Y2I4BG1pdANBUlRJQ0xFIEFydGljbGUgSGVhZGVyBHBvcwMxB HNlYwNNZWRpYUFydGljbGVIZWFk;_ylg=X3oDMTJybjFzN2ZjB GludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDMDIwN2QzZDQtYTc 0YS0zYTE5LTg1N2EtZGUwMDAzYjNmYjk3BHBzdGNhdANvbHltc GljcwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=0/SIG=117hp9rg4/EXP=1344662994/**http%3A//www.afp.com/)AFP – Thu, Jul 26, 2012 11:30 PM EDT

Email (http://sports.yahoo.com/_xhr/mtf/panel/)

Chinese Olympians were subjected to a state-sponsored doping regime in the 1980s and 1990s, a retired chief medical supervisor revealed to Australian media on Friday.
Xue Yinxian, the former chief doctor for the Chinese gymnastics team in the 1980s, said steroids and human growth hormones were officially treated as part of "scientific training" as the country emerged as a sporting power.
"It was rampant in the 1980s," she told the Sydney Morning Herald. "One had to accept it."
Xue said athletes often did not know what they were being injected with and medical staff who refused to participate were marginalised.
The newspaper said it was the first time anyone in the system had publicly contradicted Beijing's line that a host of embarrassing doping busts in the 1990s was the result of ambitious individual athletes and coaches.
Beijing has insisted it has cleaned up its act since the 1994 world swimming championships when China performed beyond expectations to win 12 gold medals amid widespread suspicions of doping.
Later that year seven swimmers tested positive for steroids at the Hiroshima Asian Games, which left the squad so decimated that it won only one swimming gold at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
The decline was only temporary and by 1998 China was back -- until four more positive tests and the discovery of human growth hormone in a swimmer's luggage at that year's world championships in Perth, Australia.
Cyclists and weightlifters also frequently tested positive for banned substances at international events.
Xue said she fought a losing battle against the systematic use of drugs at the time.
She told the Herald that the country's top sports official told a meeting in October 1978 that performance-enhancing drugs were simply new things that should be utilised, provided they were properly understood.
"He gave the example of how a woman could use tampons to continue training while having her period," she said.
"And so it was with human growth hormones, which he described as a scientific training method. Whoever rejected them would face punishment or criticism."
Ahead of the London Olympics, which start Friday, Chinese state media said all athletes and coaches were required to take an oath before the nation's flag and vow to remain clean.
In the lead-up, many Chinese athletes have been avoiding meat out of fears that domestic pork, beef and lamb could contain substances such as clenbuterol which has been used to raise Chinese livestock and is a banned anabolic agent.
At least 196 competitors under China's National Aquatics Centre, which governs swimming, diving and other water sports, have been off meat for weeks ahead of the Games, the Yangtze Evening News reported.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/chinese-doctor-reveals-state-sponsored-doping-033024064--oly.html

We will see how china does this time around if they are not doping their athletes like race horses.

gazzthompson
07-28-2012, 08:34 AM
I couldn't give less of a fuck about china if i tried, but if your going to start talking shit, then ill bring up the fact that they beat your ass last time. Deal with it.

eaglethebeagle
07-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I couldn't give less of a fuck about china if i tried, but if your going to start talking shit, then ill bring up the fact that they beat your ass last time. Deal with it.

LOL ok little red man I get it your favored country got the most gold last time. Your chinese athletes wont have the home field advantage this time. I think the home nation favoritism that is proven to exist helped out considerably for you last time but it wont this time.

Face it gazz your favorite nation is a failure even with forced participation and forced steroid use by your leadership. Now i have even more reason to root against you and your favorite china.

gazzthompson
07-28-2012, 12:44 PM
"favorite nation"

http://i.imgur.com/bu9Pm.gif

eaglethebeagle
07-29-2012, 01:34 AM
Watched the female weightlifting and how pathetic is it to see all these young girls with acne scars and acne with bloated faces from roids. How the hell are they passing drug test? Some of these girls would be cute attractive women if they didnt roid up and pump the weights like they do.

Phelps ego has beat him before he ever showed up in London.

Stark
07-29-2012, 04:10 AM
Watched the female weightlifting and how pathetic is it to see all these young girls with acne scars and acne with bloated faces from roids. How the hell are they passing drug test? Some of these girls would be cute attractive women if they didnt roid up and pump the weights like they do.

lol I'm with you on that

MadeInRu
07-29-2012, 06:34 AM
RUSSIA GOT ITS FIRST GOLD YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Judo under 60 kg class......

PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL3LZmoiq4M&feature=related

Pittsburgh
07-29-2012, 07:53 AM

When a teammate comes out and calls you lazy and questions your work ethic directly before the olympics, you might want to check your priorities. If Phelps wants to sit at home on his couch and toke his brain away for the remainder of his life, he can be my guest. But I don't think it's fair to his teammates when he shows up out of shape and with a complete lack of desire and determination. With that being said, Phelps will always have a special place in my heart. I can't watch swimming, but I did watch him beat the French in 2008 and I loved every second of it.

USA Men's boxing are 2-0 after yesterday. Diaz beat Ukraine's Ishchenko and Gausha beat Armenia's Hakobyan. Today, Spence Jr. is going up against Carvalho and Ramirez is going up against Azzedine.

Men's basketball play France at 9:30 AM today. I hope we absolutely dismantle them, but I think it's going to be a tough first test.

Pittsburgh
07-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Well, i know Kazakhstan is awesome in Boxing

I watched the Donabek Suzhanov (Kazakhstan) vs Vijender Kumar (India) fight and Suzhanov struggled.

In Suzhanov's defense, Kumar looked very good. He's great on his feet and is relatively fast/quick for a tall(er) fighter. Suzhanov needed to get inside on him and pound away, but it didn't look like he had the desire to do so.

eaglethebeagle
07-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Controversy surrounds world-record 400 IM of China's 16-year-old Ye Shiwen1 hour 21 minutes ago

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/noPuiNhgAsJp0y_axMIUsQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/chinas-ye-shiwen-competes-women-20120728-065939-920.jpg (http://yhoo.it/OtYfnr)LONDON – She's 16 years old, and for 50 meters on Saturday night, she swam faster than U.S. superstar Ryan Lochte. And now China's Ye Shiwen is at the center of some controversial buzz at the Aquatics Center of these Olympic Games.
Shiwen smashed the world record in the women's 400-meter IM and took gold Saturday night, torching the final 100 meters in the event and coming from behind to beat U.S. 400 IM champion Elizabeth Beisel. Shiwen shaved more than a second off Australian Stephanie Rice's world record in her win, finishing at 4:28.43. But it was her final 100 meters – the freestyle leg of the event – that raised eyebrows. Not only did Shiwen go virtually stroke-for-stroke with Lochte – who had won gold in the men's 400 IM earlier in the night – she beat Lochte in the final 50 meters.
Shiwen went 28.93 in her final 50 and 58.68 in her final 100 of her 400 IM. Lochte went 29.10 in his final 50. And the final 100 meters of the pair? Lochte went 58.65 to Shiwen's 58.68. That was such intriguing fodder that when Lochte was in the mixed zone Sunday morning, he said Shiwen had been a topic of conversation the previous night.

[ Related: Ryan Lochte barred from wearing his American flag grill on medal stand (http://yhoo.it/MTFw4S) ]"We were all talking about that at dinner last night," Lochte said. "It was pretty impressive. And it was a female. She's fast. If she was there with me, I don't know, she might have beat me."
Added U.S. men's swimming coach Gregg Troy, "Heck of a swim. You notice stuff like that... You guys can do the research. I think that's probably the fastest women's split ever."
By Sunday morning, most had noticed. The stunning final 100 meters had multiple swim insiders privately questioning how Shiwen could have beaten Lochte in the last 50 meters or managed a virtual dead heat in the last 100. Particularly in such a grueling race. The buzz was so prevalent, SwimmingWorldMagazine.com blasted those who had been speculating about Shiwen.
"It was going to happen," the magazine said in a piece Sunday morning. "It was only a matter of when, and with how much force. Not minutes after Chinese youngster Ye Shiwen captured the gold medal in the 400 individual medley on the opening night of Olympic competition, accusations started to fly. You know the type. She must be doping.
"What a bloody shame."
Shiwen wasn't among the race favorites, yet she effectively peaked in the 400 IM on the Olympic stage despite never having won the event in a long-course international event. She also had never won a medal at a world championships prior to taking gold in the 200 IM in 2011.
[ Related: Empty seats at Olympic venues prompt investigation (http://yhoo.it/QTrJQ2) ]
Afterward, she called her win "A big step for Chinese swimming."
Shiwen and Beisel swam the two fastest times of the year in the 400 IM during their preliminary heats earlier in the day, with Beisel going 4:31.68 and Shiwen going 4:31.73.
Beisel appeared to have the event in hand in the closing 100 meters, but Shiwen thundered her way to the win, leaving Beisel a distant second, almost three seconds behind.
Fair or not, that final 100 meters has become a hot topic of conversation in the swimming community, particularly as the Chinese have once again flexed their power in the pool. Shiwen's teammate, Sun Yang, also captured gold in the 400-meter freestyle on Saturday, going a particularly fast second 200 meters and breaking Ian Thorpe's Olympic record with a 3:40.14.
While China is not alone amongst doping scandals, the country has been embarrassed by major documented revelations in the 1980s and 1990s. The doctor heading the Chinese Olympic team during many of those scandals, Chen Zhanghao, recently defended his country's actions, calling doping "widespread" during previous decades.
"The United States, the Soviet Union and France were all [doping] so we did as well," Chen told Australia's Sydney Morning Herald. "So how can you condemn China but not the USA or Soviet Union?"

MadeInRu
07-29-2012, 11:24 AM
That's why i don't like sports where you have to run or swim certain distance, or any other sport where doping can make a huge difference.. They all use it, only difference is how good your doping is....

Fighting sports... yeah.... :D Team sports? Sure is baby!!! Cycling, running, swimming and other stuff like that.... No...

MadeInRu
07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
And in all honesty, i don't like it when one person can win multiple gold medals... For example, Isembaeva for Russia - poll jumping. She set 17 out door world records and 13 indoor! But she only has 2 Olympic gold medals.

In my personal opinion, it would be fair if for each distance or discipline only 1 guy from each country and never the same, could be allowed to participate.

Pittsburgh
07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
In best Chinese accent...

"No-ting to see here people. You just jealous. She swim for long time with gun to back of head. She has trained since she was little embryo."

Side note: USA over France in men's basketball, 98-71. Job well done. Up next, Tunisia on Tuesday.

veritas44
07-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Just a general question...does every country in the world have a Chinese women for table tennis. Every match I've seen was between two Chinese. This morning was luxembourg...she was a 49 year old Chinese wome against a 16 year old Chinese girl from the U.S. what do they do rent them out.

MadeInRu
07-29-2012, 11:46 AM
They like it, they are good at it and some nationalities are just good at certain things. Look at the running, all best are from African countries. Evolution, nothing else :)

Just the way it is mate :)

Pittsburgh
07-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Introducing, the female Chinese swim team...

MadeInRu
07-30-2012, 11:00 AM
God, Stark!!!

That captcha is a killer :/ 99.99999% You can't see shit.... Please remove it........ Took me like 50 times or so to refresh.....

Stark
07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
God, Stark!!!

That captcha is a killer :/ 99.99999% You can't see shit.... Please remove it........ Took me like 50 times or so to refresh.....

lol whot?

MadeInRu
07-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Magic at work :D

Last time to post i had to enter the captcha.... was pain in the ass :)

Stark
07-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Magic at work :D

Last time to post i had to enter the captcha.... was pain in the ass :)

Wait a second, you had to enter the captcha when you posted? I need to check that out, thats a mistake.

Edit: Fixed it, thanks for letting me know.

MadeInRu
07-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Well, a question, how can i embbed the video?

Stark
07-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, a question, how can i embbed the video?

what video?

MadeInRu
07-30-2012, 05:54 PM
From Youtube :)

Stark
07-30-2012, 06:34 PM
From Youtube :)

just post the normal URL in your post

MadeInRu
07-30-2012, 06:49 PM
I do :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=I6Tuo4ao7WE

MadeInRu
07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Russia is a fucking disgrace at those games.... Fucking North Korea has more gold..... Shame....

China is rocking the boat again....

I have a master plan of burning all those useless politicians who're working in Russian sport.

gazzthompson
07-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Yay team GB! oh wait, we suck.

Stark
07-31-2012, 01:17 PM
You too guys are just a ray of sunshine!!!

MadeInRu
07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Yay team GB! oh wait, we suck.

Well, you won a lot of silver in horse sport.... :/ WTF that is in any case.... But i feel your pain mate....

eaglethebeagle
08-01-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=TXYOPDjtFC0

Love old school coaching...

eaglethebeagle
08-02-2012, 11:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=fLmy8UWO3Hs

weightlifting fail at Olympics. Not too bad.

gazzthompson
08-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Holy fuck! did anybody watch the double trap! Brilliant!

Pittsburgh
08-02-2012, 01:04 PM
This is just simply shocking...

"LONDON – Eight female badminton players, including the world champions from China, face a disciplinary hearing Wednesday after being accused of trying to throw matches at the Olympics a day earlier to secure a favorable draw."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/08/01/badminton-female-doubles-pairs-accused-trying-to-throw-olympics-matches/#ixzz22PREbcn1

eaglethebeagle
08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
metal count surge for America today. I thought china would need a good lead because of basketball, track and feild, boxing, tennis and other sports they have no chance in. Looks like they didnt do enough.

eaglethebeagle
08-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Team USA routs Nigeria by 83 points; Coach K irked at accusation of running up the score21 hours ago

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/mmW03Lj3Zffq1njgSLSzeA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-08-02T224157Z_917488169_TB3E8821R1LFA_RTRMADP_3_OLY-BASK-BKMBBL-BKM400A09.JPG (http://yhoo.it/OMzJjr)Carmelo Anthony (15) and the U.S. beat Nigeria by 83 points in the most lopsided Olympic win ever (Reuters)

LONDON – After the United States (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/united-states/) was done delivering the most devastating defeat in the history of Olympic basketball, a 156-73 obliteration of Nigeria (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/nigeria/), USA coach Mike Krzyzewski sniffed over the suggestion that the Americans had gone too far in an 83-point humiliation of a fledgling African program.Records tumbled in stunning and spectacular fashion, a surreal 29 Team USA three-pointers dropping into the basket in Thursday's Pool A Olympic tournament game. Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706) had 37 points, and did so playing in a mere 14 minutes. No one had ever scored so many points in an Olympic game – 138 by Brazil (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/brazil/) in 1988 was the record – and the record for three-pointers had been broken before halftime.
Nevertheless, a question in the postgame news conference about the U.S. running up the score stiffened Krzyzewski, inspiring him to respond with marked defiance.
"We didn't play LeBron [James] and Kobe in the second half, and with Carmelo shooting like that, we benched him," Krzyzewski said. "We didn't take any fast breaks in the fourth quarter, and we played all zone. You have to take a shot every 24 seconds, and the shots we took happened to be hit.

[B][ Related: Davis doesn't play in first half because he forgot his jersey (http://yhoo.it/OMzVzd) ]"I take offense to this question because there's no way in the world that our program in the United States (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/united-states/) sets out to humiliate anyone."
Krzyzewski nodded toward Nigeria (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/nigeria/) coach Ayodele Bakare and decided to speak for him too. "Coach would think it humiliating if we didn't play hard."
Nigeria does have a marginal NBA player, Al-Farouq Aminu of the New Orleans Hornets, and an ex-NBA player Ike Diogu (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/basketball/ike-diogu-1124456/), but they were completely unable to protect the ball, nor showed an inclination to rotate and contest the NBA stars' three-pointers. Whatever happened, the Nigerians had run into a perfect storm. Resistance was futile.
"It was like open gym out there for them," Nigeria's Tony Skinn (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/basketball/tony-skinn-265173/) said with a sigh to Yahoo! Sports.
It was uneven, unpleasant and a reminder of the gap between the United States and most of the world when the Americans are resolved and relentless. The superstars kept coming in waves upon waves on Nigeria, whose players became more spectators than participants in the devastating defeat. The United States had 49 points after a quarter, 78 at halftime, and Nigeria let itself become innocent bystanders.

[ Memorable Moments: The Dream Team give USA redemption (http://yhoo.it/MFRC22) ]"On the one side, it's terrible to get whupped like that," Nigeria's Koko Archibong (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/basketball/koko-archibong-1123061/) said. "But on the other side, it was something impressive to be a part of – impressive to witness in person."
The United States had been a day off of practice on Wednesday and responded crisp and sharp and determined to exploit that three-point line that sits a foot-and-a-half shorter than the NBA's. Anthony's performance was spectacular, making 13 of 16 shots – including 10 of 12 on three-pointers – in 14 minutes on the floor.
"Hard to explain what it feels like to be in that zone," Anthony said.
Yes, there was a surreal sense to the game, but also an inevitability for the rest of the world that it will take something of a perfect performance to beat the Americans in this tournament. The USA's biggest threat – Spain (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/spain/) – has lost starting guard Juan Carlos Navarro to an ankle injury and played disturbingly unimpressed basketball in a 79-78 victory over winless Great Britain (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/great-britain/).
Eight years ago, the United States was getting blown out by Puerto Rico (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/puerto-rico/) in the Olympics, stumbling to a bronze medal, and the questions were different then. Now, everything has changed. They're the big, bad bully again, and with back-to-back victories by more than 45 points, Krzyzewski had to come to the defense of his program's sportsmanship on Thursday night. Nigeria had no issues with the Americans, but the performance and the scoreboard, left everyone a little dizzy. Yes, resistance was futile against Team USA, which inched its way ever closer to another gold medal.

eaglethebeagle
08-03-2012, 07:27 PM
German rower leaves London after reported ties to neo-Nazis surfacehttp://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gx0L4lRBWg7.CDqmthtpNA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQwO3E9ODU7dz00MA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/388/2012/03/07/cage-writer-hendricks-avatar-jpg_211824.jpg

By Maggie Hendricks (http://sports.yahoo.com/author/maggie-hendricks/) | Fourth-Place Medal (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/) – 9 hours ago

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/YofAMc3igEJFTdBwwnynlw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusolyexperts/149473229.jpg (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/rowing/nadja-drygalla-1111359/)(Getty)Nadja Drygalla (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/rowing/nadja-drygalla-1111359/), a German rower who already competed at the Olympics, is on her way home from London a bit earlier than she intended. Drygalla decided to leave the Games after reports surfaced that she is connected to a neo-Nazi group in Germany (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/germany/).

[ Video: Jesse Owens wins Berlin (http://yhoo.it/LJiZ7L) ]Drygalla's boyfriend is reportedly a leader of the Rostock National Socialists, a group German intelligence describes as neo-Nazi and racist.

"Miss Drygalla confirmed credibly her commitment to the Olympic Charter," the head of Germany's committeeMichael Vesper said (http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/03/german-rower-olympics-nazi-boyfriend?CMP=twt_gu). "She is leaving the Olympic Village so as not to be a burden for the team."

Drygalla is a member of Germany's women's eight. Her team was eliminated in the repechage round.
This isn't the first time Drygalla has been connected to Germany's far-right. According to German broadcaster DW (http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,16142368,00.html), she was connected to another neo-Nazi in March of 2011. This forced her to resign from the Mecklenburg-Western Pomeranian police force.
Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou was expelled by her (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/greek-athlete-expeled-olympics-racist-tweet-140602319--oly.html) national organizing committee before the Olympics began for making a racist comment on Twitter. Likewise, a Swiss soccer player was removed from his team for comments about the South Korean team. The difference between Drygalla and the other two is the German organizing committee said she is still in line with the Olympic ideal. She made the choice to leave because of the distraction it could bring to the German Olympians.
More Olympics coverage on Yahoo! Sports:

eaglethebeagle
08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
LONDON (AP) -- Chinese trampolinist Dong Dong (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/gymnastics/dong-dong-1067271/) made three wishes on New Year's Eve.
Go to London. Get the gold medal. Bring back the gold medal.
Consider all three checked off the list.
The 23-year-old Dong won the men's Olympic title on Friday, crisply putting together a dizzying series of flips and twists. He posted a score of 62.99 and easily won a gold to go with the bronze he won in Beijing four years ago.
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Geei54MmIUuWark9R7iTKA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-08-03T150907Z_1_CBRE872163F00_RTROPTP_2_OLY-GYMN-GTMTRP-GTM001902.JPG(Reuters)Dmitry Ushakov (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/gymnastics/dmitry-ushakov-1011415/) of Russia (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/russia/) was second. Defending Olympic champion Lu Chunlong of China (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/china/) was third.
Dong dominated the event, posting the top overall score in qualifying and beating Ushakov by more than a point in the finals.
"I was really looking forward to this competition," Dong said. "I don't think it's the result, but one stage of life. Don't judge a person on winning or losing."
Perhaps, but Dong was pretty fired up after giving China (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/china/) its second straight gold medal in the event, which was introduced at the Sydney Games in 2000. He pumped his fist as fans waving Chinese flags chanted his name.
"That is one of my dreams, to win this medal, and I am very happy," Dong said.
Competitors have up to a minute to warm up on the trampoline before attempting to complete 10 successive tricks, getting scores for difficulty, execution and air time. Athletes are about 30 feet in the air at the top of each jump. Imagine leaping off a three-story building 10 times in about 30 seconds and you get the idea.
The sport has been dominated by the Russia (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/russia/)ns and the Chinese since its inception in the games, and Dong put on a clinic. Going last in the finals, he soared through his routine, drawing "oohs."
"During the final, he was really stronger," Ushakov said.
Other contenders weren't so fortunate. Yuriy Nikitin (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/london-2012/gymnastics/yuriy-nikitin-1036874/), the 2004 gold medalist, failed to make the finals after crashing during qualifying.
American Steve Gluckstein, who beat younger brother Jeffrey for the lone U.S. spot, finished last in the 16-man field after losing his line during his second routine. The 22-year-old from New Jersey only completed two of his 10 tricks before smacking into the pad.
He vowed to make a run at the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro. Dong might not be around.
"The greatest moment has gone, and I need to prepare myself for more challenges coming up," he said. "No matter if you win or lose, the most important thing in life is to enjoy what you have."

Pittsburgh
08-04-2012, 09:09 AM
"Coach K irked at accusation of running up the score"

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't blame him. In the second half, he told his players to just shoot the ball. No fancy stuff. No dunks. Just shoot it. Unfortunately for Nigeria, every time we shot the ball, it went in. We were 30 of 37 inside the arc and made 29 three-pointers.....29!

What exactly should we have done? Not shoot? Dribble in a circle? Politely hand the ball over?

As 4-time Super Bowl winning coach Chuck Noll once said famously in a similar situation, he didn't see the opponent waving any white flag.

eaglethebeagle
08-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Serena Williams thoughts...... if she didnt have such huge natural breast I would say drug test her. In Ed McMahon voice hiii ooooo.

MadeInRu
08-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Serena Williams thoughts...... if she didnt have such huge natural breast I would say drug test her. In Ed McMahon voice hiii ooooo.

Test here for testosterone lol... She can't be a woman... :D

Mel
08-06-2012, 07:23 PM
LONDON — American judoka Nicholas Delpopolo has been disqualified from the Olympics after admitting consuming food spiked with marijuana, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) says.

Delpopolo, who fought in the men's 73kg category of the judo competition and finished seventh, failed a drugs test carried out on July 30 which showed traces of marijuana in his system.
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/29/25/80/aleqm510.jpg
The IOC said in a statement the 23-year-old had accepted his disqualification after admitting his offence in a statement.

"The athlete explained his positive test was caused by his inadvertent consumption of food (prior to his leaving for the London Olympic Games) that he did not realize had been baked with marijuana," the IOC said.

"The athlete apologised to the USOC (United States Olympic Committee), his team-mates and his fans and indicated that he was embarrassed by his mistake."

Delpopolo had waived his right to a hearing in the case, the IOC said, and was due to return home to the United States on August 7.

Delpopolo's disqualification was a bitterly disappointing end for the American, who spent the early years of his life in an orphanage in Montenegro before being adopted by an American couple as a baby.

His excuse?
These are his words not mine.
"I must of accidentally ate some food with marijuana in it." :lol: No Shit?!!!

eaglethebeagle
08-06-2012, 07:34 PM
LONDON — American judoka Nicholas Delpopolo has been disqualified from the Olympics after admitting consuming food spiked with marijuana, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) says.

Delpopolo, who fought in the men's 73kg category of the judo competition and finished seventh, failed a drugs test carried out on July 30 which showed traces of marijuana in his system.
http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/15/29/25/80/aleqm510.jpg
The IOC said in a statement the 23-year-old had accepted his disqualification after admitting his offence in a statement.

"The athlete explained his positive test was caused by his inadvertent consumption of food (prior to his leaving for the London Olympic Games) that he did not realize had been baked with marijuana," the IOC said.

"The athlete apologised to the USOC (United States Olympic Committee), his team-mates and his fans and indicated that he was embarrassed by his mistake."

Delpopolo had waived his right to a hearing in the case, the IOC said, and was due to return home to the United States on August 7.

Delpopolo's disqualification was a bitterly disappointing end for the American, who spent the early years of his life in an orphanage in Montenegro before being adopted by an American couple as a baby.

His excuse?
These are his words not mine.
"I must of accidentally ate some food with marijuana in it." :lol: No Shit?!!!

No shit did his mom make them brownies for him?

Pittsburgh
08-06-2012, 08:25 PM
I expect us to receive soft/questionable calls while playing in Europe (France game), but I guess gooch-punching is acceptable as long as we're on the receiving end? Where do they find these officials?

Bush-league: http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/56830912&usatref=sportsmod?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Cfeature dtext%7CSports%7Cp

At the end of the day, 126-97 USA. Thanks Argentina.

Pittsburgh
08-06-2012, 08:40 PM
"American judoka Nicholas Delpopolo has been disqualified from the Olympics after admitting consuming food spiked with marijuana"

eaglethebeagle
08-10-2012, 10:01 AM
we all have been there. I used to love getting the barbell stuck on my chest with no spotter.