PDA

View Full Version : Coalition Casualty List in Afghanistan

Woodbutcher824
05-03-2009, 12:58 PM
This is a CNN casualty list of coalition troops in Afghanistan. At first I wasn't going to post this, because looking at the names and seeing the faces, hit me pretty good. Some names you might recognize.

RIP to those coalition troopers who served Afghanistan.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2004/oef.casualties/index.html

This list is as of April 30, 2009

Cruelbreed
05-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I was looking over this last night and i'll be doing so in the future. It gives you an idea of how a lot of soldiers die. I was really disappointed to see how many soldiers die in crashed helicopters and from IED's. This includes Navy Seals and Special Forces who many of seemed to go down in helicopters.

I was surprised to see people from the Naval Special Warfare Development Group DEVGRU on that list. It's sad to see hardened soldiers go down from from things as simple as helicopters crashing or hard landing, and IED's when patrolling on trucks.

There was one fellah from I believe DEVGRU or a seal team whos helicopter was hit and he fell down off the ramp. It said he fell down and survived, immediately got up and fought for 30 mins before getting hit from close range. Pretty crazy

Woodbutcher824
05-03-2009, 06:27 PM
I was looking over this last night and i'll be doing so in the future. It gives you an idea of how a lot of soldiers die. I was really disappointed to see how many soldiers die in crashed helicopters and from IED's. This includes Navy Seals and Special Forces who many of seemed to go down in helicopters.

I was surprised to see people from the Naval Special Warfare Development Group DEVGRU on that list. It's sad to see hardened soldiers go down from from things as simple as helicopters crashing or hard landing, and IED's when patrolling on trucks.

There was one fellah from I believe DEVGRU or a seal team whos helicopter was hit and he fell down off the ramp. It said he fell down and survived, immediately got up and fought for 30 mins before getting hit from close range. Pretty crazy

If his name is Roberts, there is a book called Roberts Ridge, it is a good read.

Scott
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I was watching the Movie "Taking Chance" tonight

About: LOS ANGELES — Michael Strobl, a Desert Storm veteran and Marine lieutenant colonel, spotted the name in spring 2004. He was stationed at Quantico, Va., when he learned that Lance Cpl. Chance Phelps, 19, had been killed in action by hostile fire in the Al Anbar province of Iraq.

Phelps, assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment, was posthumously awarded the Bronze Star with Combat Distinguishing Device for his heroic action during the ambush that claimed his life. But what jumped out at Strobl in the report was the Colorado town where Phelps was living when he enlisted: Craig, which was Strobl's hometown.

Strobl asked to be with the Marine assigned to accompany the body from Dover Port Mortuary at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to Phelps' hometown, Dubois, Wyo.

its a touching movie and it is well worth watching, it gave me shivers down my spine from watching it.

R.I.P to everyone who has lost their lives in this war, i have much respect for all. Amen.

leahcimnosirrom
05-04-2009, 10:27 PM
mad respect to them all and a big thank you... especially to all there families.
:USA: