PDA

View Full Version : Does CLR Wear Out?

shatto
05-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Does CLR wear out?
Is it possible what is on my glass is impervious? I have two small brandy sniffers with what I thought was severe calcium buildup that I finally brought up the 'big Guns' after failing to remove it with Amway Scrub Buds and Amway LOC Soft Cleanser, both superb products, and soaked them in CLR for a couple days.
Admittedly, my CLR is a couple, or more, years old so, could that be the reason for my failure?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-P-b5w0AWQY8/T8OwYS_LKYI/AAAAAAAAJs4/0qaAPPboqUY/s800/DSC07405.JPG

shatto
05-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Dear Mr. Shatto

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We always appreciate comments, questions and suggestions.

The recommended shelf life for our CLR Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover is about 2-3 yrs. and can become less effective the longer it goes without use. We recommend discarding and replacing any unused portion within that time frame and replacing with a new bottle. While our product is safe and effective in removing calcium deposits from glass, over time, the glass can actually become ‘etched’ from the hardness of calcium and no product will get that out, except to take it to a jeweler and have them polish the glass itself (something very costly).

Please check our website, www.jelmar.com for more tips and information on using our products. NEW! Click on our HOW TO VIDEOS for a visual demonstration of using CLR brands on different surfaces and for different uses!

Kindest Regards,
Chloe Sanders

Jelmar Products

nastyleg
05-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Who knew.