PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control

eaglethebeagle
05-21-2012, 10:27 AM
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
---- ------------- -------------
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson. With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

Wanted to post this from a friend to strike up a quality debate about gun control....:lurk:

KGCNC
05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Wasn't there a banning of guns before ww2 in England? I believed we helped them by sending them our guns( civilian weapons) so they could defend themselves if Hitler attacked. This gun drive was in addition to the lend-lease. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

wanny1971
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
seems nobody's biting eagle??.. i'll brave it eh.. O.o
i do see the point your making.. but your gun control theory is not the primary logical conclusion.. its a tyrannical government
and in todays modern western democracy i can't see atrocity like the above being allowed to happen on that scale in 21st century america
tyrannical rule over the herd in a master/slave mentality leads to slave rebellion and them ultimately becoming the masters (if won)
so your attitude of 'offence is the best defence' means you become the tyrannical power first??
recently found philosophical quote..
Diogenes a cynic philosopher was captured and made a slave.. Being asked his trade, he replied that he knew no trade but that of governing men, and that he wished to be sold to a man who needed a master...
if gun control was used to subdue the masses in america today its a fearful thought for me as i see a constitutional 'Self-fulfilling prophecy' civil war perpetrated only to protect the constitution gun rights of its citizens.. the government surely knows this is a pointless suicidal act??
Ps..yo forgot the forgotten 'speculated' genocide.. it lasted 100 years.. and before i get my head chewed off... i know us british aren't squeaky clean either
(but maybe that will get em biting eh.. O,o)

eaglethebeagle
05-22-2012, 12:51 AM
No you are correct there are very strict gun laws in place in Europe and likely hopefully never will you need to fight back against your own government. The more realistic problem that truly is at the heart of gun rights is what about that enemy that is not known now but shows their head at some point. Say like Germany in WW2. The need to have citizens armed and not only armed but trained and educated in small arms use and tactics is what is the point I beleive.

If China were ever to go coo coo for co co puffs and send their billion man army knocking on any countries doors that is a massive fight to have on your door step. I know most will say it will never happen. I hope there will never be another war in the world I do.....:roleyes:

But that seems not rational or intelligent to truly believe. China is making more noise recently and quite honestly it hasn't even been 100 years since ww2 began so some crazy unexpected military action from some loony dictator or leader is quite feasible.

I dont feel being an armed society is equal to being tyrannical. If so America would have already shot ourselves too death for having all our guns.

Anyway there are terrorist in syria that wish they had guns to fight their government rather than be moving targets for their assad military snipers.

gazzthompson
05-22-2012, 04:23 AM
I doubt the credibility of the OP as it sounds like your stereotypical chain mail which are almost always wrong, but the point is there.

In this day and age of information, equality (mostly) , education and freedom I simply think, a problem like of the past (Hitler) or today in the middle east is just impossible to happen again in the west. Things like that are a thing of the past. For numerous reasons, the main being soldiers of Apacheclips, would you start randomly executing people of your country? Non soldiers here, do you think your army will start randomly killing you and your friends? It just won't happen.

The personal defence from criminals is a much stronger argument.

veritas44
05-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Gazz...my English brother from another mother

Its nice to think that the air smells like roses and not to have worry in the world. But your an educated young man and yes self defense is the best argument for gun ownership.
But being educated you know statistically what eagle is talking about not only will happen...but it will happen sooner than later. We are humans, its in our DNA to kill each other over petty bullshit. But then every once in a while an egomaniacal narcissistic sociopathic maniac comes to power and all hell breaks loose. It been that way since the beginning of man...the only thing technology really has done is make it easier for a nutjob to do what he wants to do...i.e. push a few buttons and find out your entire life.
Just food for thought.

Sixx
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
@Gazz
Here is some more food for thought.

You don't think that American Troops and Government/police agencies are capable of killing our own citizens?
It can very well happen and it did happen on a small scale during Hurricane Katrina. Our Military was grabbing up firearms from citizens trying to defend their property and their families. Then local police came in killing innocent people who were incapable of defending themselves from attack.

That was on a small scale. Now picture the same scenario on a national level.

everyone would like to think that the U.S. Government is incapable of doing so, but it is untrue. Kent State was not that long ago and our policies have not changed all that much to prevent another massacre.

When certain conditions are met..our government will kill it's own people in regards to national security and other situations.

I hope it never happens.
And no Gazz, not everyone is like Bradley Manning.
If it does happen..sure there will be service members refusing to carry out orders. But they will be taken care of rather quickly and replaced by someone who will carry out the orders.

gazzthompson
05-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Maybe i have too much faith in our military/Police forces....

KGCNC
05-22-2012, 09:12 PM
If the U.S. population needed "disarming",it would be more feasible for the U.N. "PEACEKEEPERS" to do it. This would eliminate (for the most part) scruples on a soldiers part because they dont live here. The U.N. occupying here is not likely but you never know. The Katrina clusterfuck showed everybody how things "could" go down,but also showed the wise how to prepare.

BrendenF11
05-22-2012, 09:15 PM
True words KGCNC, very well put.

veritas44
05-23-2012, 01:20 AM
If the U.S. population needed "disarming",it would be more feasible for the U.N. "PEACEKEEPERS" to do it. This would eliminate (for the most part) scruples on a soldiers part because they dont live here. The U.N. occupying here is not likely but you never know. The Katrina clusterfuck showed everybody how things "could" go down,but also showed the wise how to prepare.

this is not 1860 where all the guns and munitions were made in the north giving them the advantage in the civil war. If the U.N. tried to take our guns they might succeed but it would be a Pyrrhic victory...the death and devastation to the U.N. forces would end them as a viable entity.
Personnaly I don't think there is a gov't or nation strong enough to take 270,000,000 guns out of american hands.

Not to mention as you said above the military would do just as they did in the civil war. there people with their own opinions. Half would side with the gun owners and the other half the other way and then it would be on.
the only feasable way to get all the guns out of american hands is if we give them up on our own and i really don't see that happening.

Sixx
05-23-2012, 02:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

nastyleg
05-23-2012, 03:30 AM
In 1997, Americans had a 1 in 2,317 chance of being shot, based on the population and number of gunshot wounds [source: Centers for Disease Control]. Were as you are 1 in 88 to get killed by another driver, source show united stats of America.

KGCNC
05-23-2012, 04:48 PM
" End them as a viable entity". I like the ring to that.

eaglethebeagle
05-23-2012, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5ut6yPrObw

Tyranny is never far from reality.

KGCNC
05-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Great stuff eagle. Thats why the men of that day are called The Greatest Generation.

eaglethebeagle
05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
A little food for thought on the greatest generation from my opinion. Yes I certainly give respect to our WW2 generation for if that war had turned out any other way this world would be seriously fucked up. I also dont lose sight of the generations before that either though. What about the generation of people who fought in the Revolutionary war? The generation of people who fought in the Civil war? Those were some epic times in Americas history. All of those times filled with blood of so many Americans and all in just over the last 200 years this has taken place. It is certain there will be another conflict, another war, and another tyrant that needs to be dealt with.

America has stood for many freedoms and many have paid for our freedoms with their lives. When our rights are bastardized or eliminated all together the lives and sacrifice of all those people who paid the ultimate price are made worthless. America is not like Europe, China, Russia, Africa, Canada, Mexico etc. Our freedoms our Constitution is ours and ours alone. There should never be an individual or group that feels it is time to change our foundation of freedoms and rights without facing a fight that if it is required a fight filled with blood and to the death.

Today is no different than 100 years ago or 200 years ago. We are just as important of a generation as those before us who fought before us for our rights, freedoms and our countries safety and security. If we as a generation allowed an individual or group to destroy what those previous generations preserved with blood, sweat and their lives then we would be the worst generation and history if history was told would blame us as being the worst generation to exist in American history.