PDA

View Full Version : Best Marijuana Argument Ever?

gazzthompson
05-15-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qKgY5eOlhEc

This guy hits EVER fucking nail on EVERY fucking head.

goinloco1
05-15-2012, 07:37 PM
True that he does. But even being a judge saying it, it falls on deaf ears as usual. legalize it and put the same laws into effect as alcohol.
the bad thing is the corporate run prisons dont want to see it because it would automatically mean thousands would be let out as soon as the law took effect, meaning they lose tons of money. and with the prison population being down severely, the states wouldnt need the corporate runs anymore.

jamieooh
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Gazz
Here is a story for you if you haven't already read it.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/02/us-usa-campaign-colorado-idUSBRE85109120120602

gazzthompson
06-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the link, Obama's stance on Marijuana has been pathetic. Hopefully he sorts his shit out.

Pittsburgh
06-09-2012, 06:36 PM
legalize it and put the same laws into effect as alcohol.

Quite frankly, I think we have much bigger issues in our country, but if legalizing reefer is one of the main concerns inside our country, then I agree with your above opinion. If you're stoned and driving, you're going to jail.

My only change? The jail time would be much longer for moronic offenders. I really don't need some stoned/drunk d-bag driving his souped up honda taking out my niece or nephew while stoned out of his mind.

Eitherway, I really don't care if it's legalized or not. I believe there are bigger worries on the books, at least in this country.

gazzthompson
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
There are of course more pressing issues, but for some (like myself) this issue has become an example of all that is wrong with politics. Legalization of Marijuana (And IMO all drugs) is the only logical choice to end this failed war on drugs, yet our politicians (even against what recent polls show to be ever increasing public support) wont even consider it. This is THE example of failed politics, not considering the logical and reasonable for what reason? if they ignore the facts for this issue, what other issues will they ignore the facts on?

You also have the Economic (In America more than most, due to the cost of the war on drugs) Social and personal liberties/freedom aspect, all of which are VERY important (especially the last) .

Also, at the end of the day I don't by the "more important issues" argument when it comes to western governments, Can't they fucking multi task? i have to do varies different projects at work, why cant they? or are they all that incompetent that they can only think/talk about 1 thing at 1 time...

gazzthompson
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Edit: Double post, derp.

jamieooh
06-10-2012, 09:44 AM
There are of course more pressing issues, but for some (like myself) this issue has become an example of all that is wrong with politics. Legalization of Marijuana (And IMO all drugs) is the only logical choice to end this failed war on drugs, yet our politicians (even against what recent polls show to be ever increasing public support) wont even consider it. This is THE example of failed politics, not considering the logical and reasonable for what reason? if they ignore the facts for this issue, what other issues will they ignore the facts on?

You also have the Economic (In America more than most, due to the cost of the war on drugs) Social and personal liberties/freedom aspect, all of which are VERY important (especially the last) .

Also, at the end of the day I don't by the "more important issues" argument when it comes to western governments, Can't they fucking multi task? i have to do varies different projects at work, why cant they? or are they all that incompetent that they can only think/talk about 1 thing at 1 time...

Gazz, some (a lot) are truely to stupid to be breathing , but their smart enough to be ripping off the citizens of this country. I recommend a book called " throw them all out".

http://youtu.be/zNZczIgVXjg

Pittsburgh
07-17-2012, 06:01 PM
If the American government legalizes it, great. I'm all for it. If not, I'm capable of waking up tomorrow morning, inhaling and exhaling oxygen and living my life.

Hell, when I'm not working my ass off and actually getting the chance to legitimately relax at home, I would gladly buy a pack of joints, fire one up and zone out in the front of a Pens game with a bag of doritos in hand. At the same time and considering the direction my country is headed, the legalization of reefer is about....852nd on my list of concerns in my country.

Maybe my priorities are screwed up?

gazzthompson
07-18-2012, 04:28 AM
As stated above, the benefits of legalization aren't simply being able to smoke it. you have the civil liberties and freedom aspect, this cannot be forgotten, the personal freedom to smoke/eat or whatever some grass without a SWAT team kicking your door in. I thought personal freedom was the upmost concern for republicans, small government and all that? This should be a pressing concern for republicans. people who support firearm laws, or should I say lack of, should defend drug laws just as passionatley. hell, The NRA should have a drug lobbying wing as the reasoning for both are pretty much the same, plus you get small government. might say economy is more important? Fair enough. how much has been spent on the war on drugs in US alone, billions? Trillions? How much could be saved from not making criminals out of a simple health issue ? Millions? Billions? How much tax revenue could be made , rather than funding criminal enterprises ? Millions ?Billions? There is lots, and lots money to be made and saved helping the economy ,creating jobs etc.

It really does cover most all important aspects, economy, freedom , crime and health.

Typed from the phone, excuse spelling/formatting.

gazzthompson
07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdpcggfIt0U&feature=player_embedded