PDA

View Full Version : guess who is letting taliban escape?

eaglethebeagle
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States has been secretly releasing detainees from a military prison in Afghanistan as part of negotiations with insurgent groups, the Washington Post reported in its Monday editions.
The "strategic release" program has allowed American officials over the past several years to use prisoners as bargaining chips to reduce violence in restive provinces, it said, citing U.S. officials who it said spoke on condition of anonymity.
The freed detainees are often fighters who would not be released under the legal system for military prisoners in Afghanistan. They must promise to give up violence, the report said.
Officials would not say whether those who have been released have later returned to attack U.S. and Afghan troops, the Post said.
Releases have come amid efforts to end the war through negotiation, which is central to the Obama administration's strategy for exiting Afghanistan, the report said.
Those efforts have yielded little to no progress in recent years. In part, they have been stymied by the unwillingness of the United States to release five prisoners from Guantanamo Bay — a gesture insurgent leaders have said they see as a precondition for peace talks, the report said.
Unlike at Guantanamo, releasing prisoners from the Parwan detention center does not require congressional approval and can be done secretly, the Post said.
The program's goal is to quell violence in areas where NATO is unable to ensure security. Releases are intended to produce tactical gains, the Post said.
U.S. officials would not say how many detainees have been released under the program, though they said such cases are relatively rare. The program has existed for several years.
"The Afghans have come to us with information that might strengthen the reconciliation process," the newspaper quoted U.S. Ambassador Ryan C. Crocker as saying. "Many times we do act on it."
Releases through the secret program from Parwan must be approved by the top U.S. military commander and military lawyer, and are the only exceptions to the prison's judicial review board, the Post said.
It quoted one official as saying the procedure was "outside of our normal protocol," the paper said.
(Reporting By John Crawley; Editing by Eric Walsh)

only under a president that sympathizes for terrorist would this be allowed to happen.

gazzthompson
05-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Yes , of course. this was all Obama's doing and clearly shows him to be a Muslim,terrorists,Kenyan, afghan, alien, Marxist devil man.

762happy
05-07-2012, 09:58 AM
you never get it gazz get your head out of the sand before its cut off

gazzthompson
05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
That makes no sense.

ErisKillton
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
But we dont "negotiate with terrorists".....Riiiiiiiight.....

Clodius
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Iraq

eaglethebeagle
05-07-2012, 01:02 PM
"They must promise to give up violence, the report said." <....My favorite line from the story....

I would have said there is not one person who is a member here at AC that thinks this idea is not retarded but then of course gazz always comes through and shows us all how defective he is.

It is clear cut is it not?

Who is the CinC of our miltary?

Who influences the decsions made by our top military commanders?

Who if they learn of this secret plan would have heads rolling if they already didnt sign off on it?

It all leads back to obama he is CinC.... no excuses for this shit bag he is in charge of our country and our military.

To me this is the most fucked up story I have read in the last 4 years....

We have spent trillions of dollars

We have spent our mens and womens lives fighting these cum guzzlers and either killing them or detaining them.

The cost of the 10 years of doing all this is being made worthless by this president.

If I would have said 4 years ago that obama is going to free the taliban that are detained in astan once he gets elected there would be many liberals calling me a racist fear mongering delusional idiot.

Well it is reality and nothing less than treason against our nation and entire world is what this is.

gazzthompson
05-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Something good happens = Obama has little control, it was generals and others who did it.
Something bad happens = all Obama .

I just can't take anybody seriously when every other week the most high profile guy in America is accused of highest forms of treason , by passing us military/intelligence agency but caught by the keen eye of some random guy. To think, Obama could of destroyed the world and implemented sharia if it wasn't for those meddling kids

eaglethebeagle
05-07-2012, 07:17 PM
great gazz i dont give shit what you think anyway.

I am posting news and not from Foxnews which is an automatic false news service to those liberal fags that like to counter how bullshit they are.

When that auto response isnt available then its similar to this that ohh obama he gets all the blame for bad and none credit for good.

Great that is an excellent elementary grade school debate tactic.

Who is to blame for the bad shit then? not obama then who?

What good shit has obama done while we are discussing these things? Please list out what obama should get credit for?

I cant wait for this...

wormhole
05-07-2012, 10:15 PM
The Taliban are winning – let it go.

eaglethebeagle
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
the taliban are winning – let it go.

wow

wormhole
05-07-2012, 10:48 PM
To ultimately win the war in Afghanistan the USA must eliminate the influence of Islam and Sharia Law among the indigenous people – either mass extermination or convert them to Buddhism.

Sixx
05-07-2012, 10:57 PM
^^
Unfortunately neither will happen. :)
Russia tried the mass extermination in Afghanistan and failed......Afghans are immune to poisoned water and biological warfare.

And I'd like to see someone successfully convert a Muslim to something else....

The World will keep on spinning and people will keep on dying in the name of "God"
Until another attack on U.S. soil happens....and when it does we'll see liberals calling out for blood just like on 9/11. Yeah I remember. Repubs and Dems wanted them to pay in blood and rightly so.

How dare you come to this site and say "the taliban are winning – let it go"
You are not an Apache. I'm thinking that you really do not belong here.

serpa6
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Why does these threads always turn out to be a Political post Prisoners where released Why president did it right? Has any body got anything to say about what this will do to the war effort in Afghanistan and how it will effect our Men and women fighting Why do these threads always turn out to be a president bashing post It starts good with the information Thank you Eagle for that But now it will end with Obama this Obama that Why????????????
@ Worm do you have any info on the Taliban winning I would dare you to say that to any service member in the street I thought you where intelligent but now I see your brain is not capable of that Troll