PDA

View Full Version : Quality, Business Model, Good Story about Costco

shatto
04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/25/11376778-no-frills-retail-revolution-leads-to-costco-wholesale-shopping-craze?lite

Stark
04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/25/11376778-no-frills-retail-revolution-leads-to-costco-wholesale-shopping-craze?lite

I've got to say man, I find your posts quite bizarre at times - second time I nearly TO'ed you because I though you were a bot, can you respond to this post to me please?
I just want to make sure you account has not been hijacked

shatto
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM
If you are interested in business, are an investor or trade in the market; if you don't have a Costco nearby, like the Wally-World dominated South, or simply haven't paid attention this is an accurate depiction of one of the most consistently profitable stores and why they remain a top choice of shoppers.

Where the competition 'house brands' and 'generic' labels usually have lower quality products, Costco makes sure their Kirkland brand is better quality. So Kirkland Jelly Bellies are less costly than the same amount in a Jelly Belly jar at the grocery. Ditto, dress shirts.

What is a TO?

Sixx
04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
A time-out(temp ban) is what Stark was referring to.....
Sometimes your cryptic/odd posts make you appear like a chinese advertisement spammer

You are an unusual member Shatto :)
I thought the same as Stark before.....even edited some posts and gave a warning because I thought you were an advertisement spammer. lol

Never been to Costco before......although I could use the bulk toilet paper.
I've been shittin' a lot homie. I gotta bad case of the bubble guts.....

So who really has the best tasting store brand/generic items? I usually find them all disgusting....well I take that back, I don't mind some items from ALDI.

Stark
04-27-2012, 12:33 PM
If you are interested in business, are an investor or trade in the market; if you don't have a Costco nearby, like the Wally-World dominated South, or simply haven't paid attention this is an accurate depiction of one of the most consistently profitable stores and why they remain a top choice of shoppers.

Where the competition 'house brands' and 'generic' labels usually have lower quality products, Costco makes sure their Kirkland brand is better quality. So Kirkland Jelly Bellies are less costly than the same amount in a Jelly Belly jar at the grocery. Ditto, dress shirts.

What is a TO?

You're good - I just wanted to make sure your Account wasn't hijacked - wow register 2008 - you are one of the loyal Apaches!!! flying right under the radar.

eaglethebeagle
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
F ing epic post right here not so much the original costco article but the following discussion...I LOLed hard... this is why AC is like a box of chocolates right here that is for sure...LOL Sixx I actually have a Costco membership and if you need a good cheap source of shitpaper then Costco is it...LOL

On a serious note about Costco they sell gun safes online and in some stores from time to time. They do have some good prices on things besides bulk food. I actually had an issue with my computer and needed a replacement while I got it repaired and so Costco is the hero. You can buy anything and take it back for a refund. If it is a computer or electronic you can use it for upto 90 days then return it and get your money back. I have to say if they ever get guns or ammo in stock I will be able to enjoy the torture of walking around that place then at least to buy a bulk 1000 rounds of 308 Winchester for my FNSCAR.:D

shatto
04-27-2012, 10:29 PM
My Swiss Army watch lost the crown the second time and when I asked if it was still on warranty they said I'd bought it three years ago! Talk about losing track of time. Costco refunded the full amount.
The computers and other electronics may not be the best you can buy but they add a year or two to the manufacturers warranty.
Gasoline is almost always 3 to 12 cents less than the local stations. My Costco American Express card refunds 4%, wherever I buy gas.
On line, Costco has stuff unavailable in the store and, in Hayward there is a 'business' Costco that has things found nowhere else. And the bathrooms are clean, so I have a nice place to go...between jobs. ;)
They could sell tons of ammo.
Costco Kirkland yogurt is superior to all the national brands, I think. Better texture, taste, color. But they stopped selling it. It is a business and there is a better margin on the national brands.
As I said, Costco makes sure their house brand, Kirkland, is better.