PDA

View Full Version : (UK)Growing majority of young people have no religion, government must start lis

gazzthompson
04-19-2012, 11:07 AM
http://m.politics.co.uk/opinion-formers/bha-british-humanist-association/article/bha-growing-majority-of-young-people-have-no-religion-govern

Sorry, mobile site.

This is great news, hopefully the government take note.

Sixx
04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
after looking around that site I found this odd.....http://m.politics.co.uk/news/2008/10/21/atheists-combat-religion-on-bendy-buses

"There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy life"

What's with the probably? Doesn't sound very Atheist to me.
Is it just in-case Atheists are wrong?
What gives?

gazzthompson
04-19-2012, 11:41 AM
http://c.cslacker.com/4245l.jpg

Clodius
04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Imagine a vicar who had lost part of his leg at Arnhem in WWII and walked around with a perma limp (and a wooden foot I think), angry, bitter, puritanical, draconian in a Gothic style C of E setting and you will understand a little of my introductory experiences with religion in the late 60's. I think one who believes and keeps it to himself is on the right path. The one who chooses to ram his beliefs down everyone elses throat in Talibanesque fashion deserves to be publicly ridiculed and chastised. I was doing a job a couple of years ago in a predominantly poor black neighborhood when low and behold a group of white people came smiling and singing down the road while one of them was dragging a giant wooden crucifix. There was me (AKA Whitey Cracker), and Leroy (along with about 20 others that looked like they just got off the boat from Liberia) just looking, speechless. I felt more of an affinity with the Aboriginals than I did with singing fools who are just waiting for the end of the world and loving every minute of the thoughts of them being saved and everyone else burning in hell fire.

Good on you my dear Blighty for once again leading the world to true enlightenment.

wormhole
04-19-2012, 03:44 PM
I am a Militant Atheist Independent Secularist – I hate religion more than Al-Qaeda, I give at least $1000 every year to American Atheists to keep Jesus bullshit out of the government, no crosses, no junk science, no Christmas, no nothing – do it in your bathroom alone. It is an insult to human dignity.

Sixx
04-19-2012, 04:09 PM
I am a Militant Atheist Independent Secularist – I hate religion more than Al-Qaeda, I give at least $1000 every year to American Atheists to keep Jesus bullshit out of the government, no crosses, no junk science, no Christmas, no nothing – do it in your bathroom alone. It is an insult to human dignity.

Only $1000 a year?
That's pretty weak.....

Instead of wasting money for a lost cause, how about donating it to the Wounded Warrior Project or Make-A-Wish Foundation.
You know, like something useful and that will really make a difference.

wormhole
04-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Only $1000 a year?
That's pretty weak.....

Instead of wasting money for a lost cause, how about donating it to the Wounded Warrior Project or Make-A-Wish Foundation.
You know, like something useful and that will really make a difference.

Affirmative - that is exactly why Afghanistan is a lost cause and why didn’t you come out and speak the truth as you knew it, before all these wounded warriors were wounded and maimed?

Sixx
04-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Affirmative - that is exactly why Afghanistan is a lost cause and why didn’t you come out and speak the truth as you knew it, before all these wounded warriors were wounded and maimed?

I'm glad you made that comment

KGCNC
04-19-2012, 06:48 PM
Wormhole how about sending me that thousand and I could treat some soldiers here to dinner? Its a much better investment than giving it to the losing team.

wormhole
04-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Wormhole how about sending me that thousand and I could treat some soldiers here to dinner? Its a much better investment than giving it to the losing team.

The Republican platform continues to reflect the party's religious based opposition to embryonic stem cell research. Because stem cells are obtained from destroyed embryos where little souls exists, the concerns are similar to those surrounding abortion and the Republican religious belief is that life begins at male erection.

A US soldier with multiple gunshot wounds in his pancreas was saved from Diabetes using new stem cell research. Tre Porfirio, a 21 year old US airman, was shot while serving our country in Afghanistan.

wanny1971
04-19-2012, 08:39 PM
wormhole..
dudeism needs you and you need dudeism...

gazz..the majority of todays british youth worship the omnipotent stars of TV, they are devout followers of the facebook, there guidance in life is given to them via a talking I phone, they pray regularly at the porcelain chailace of excess.and there awakening happens daily at around 12 o'clock when they fall out of bed..

i blame the throw away consumer society that there brought up in, devoid of a father figure or even parental guidance..
there future is doomed and will be that of a mindless drone devoid of true free will..
i genuinely fear for our british youth i believe there walking mindlessly into becoming government controlled minions

serpa6
04-19-2012, 11:22 PM
The Republican platform continues to reflect the party's religious based opposition to embryonic stem cell research. Because stem cells are obtained from destroyed embryos where little souls exists, the concerns are similar to those surrounding abortion and the Republican religious belief is that life begins at male erection.

A US soldier with multiple gunshot wounds in his pancreas was saved from Diabetes using new stem cell research. Tre Porfirio, a 21 year old US airman, was shot while serving our country in Afghanistan.
Little souls I thought you where a hard core atheist ??????????

wormhole
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
It is the information age – the internet.

If I said that “God wrote in the Bible that slavery is okay but if the slave is Jewish they had to be offered release after six years of service.”

Nowadays, one can fact check that in a second.

Brilliant dudes writing brilliant books mocking religion with reasoned argument.

The Catholic Church and what was really going on with the children.

I could probably write a thousand word treatise on this subject. We are about 20% in the US and UK is over 60%.