PDA

View Full Version : Letter to obama

eaglethebeagle
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
WOW !! WOW !! AND WOW AGAIN
95 year old hero!
Letter To Obama at Whitehouse Sent from 95 year Old Pearl Harbor Survivor !! Fantastic!!

This venerable and much honored WW II vet is well known in Hawaii
for his seventy-plus years of service to patriotic organizations and causes all over the country. A humble man without a political bone in his body, he has never spoken out before about a government official, until now. He dictated this letter to a friend, signed it and mailed it to the president.

Dear President Obama,

My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.

I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor , allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.

So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.

I can't figure out what country you are the president of.
You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like:
" We're no longer a Christian nation"
" America is arrogant" - (Your wife even
announced to the world," America is mean-
spirited. " Please tell her to try preaching
that nonsense to 23 generations of our
war dead buried all over the globe who
died for no other reason than to free a
whole lot of strangers from tyranny and
hopelessness.)
I'd say shame on the both of you, but I don't think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.

After 9/11 you said," America hasn't lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.

I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.

Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man.

Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue . You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.

And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don't want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts , who was putting up a fight? You don't mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.

One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.

You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president.
You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now.
And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle...

Sincerely,
Harold B. Estes
Snopes confirms as true:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/haroldestes.asp

When a 95 year old hero of the "the Greatest Generation" stands up and speaks out like this, I think we owe it to him to send his words to as many Americans as we can. Please pass it on.

:USA:

Stark
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
standup guys like him are dying out fast, people were a different breed, less complaining and more doing got America to become a super power.

SgtJim
04-08-2012, 09:35 PM
thank you for sharing this letter here too Eagle! :D

so, as i replied to the mail too:

just one thing,
it's from 2009 december

http://www.kitv.com/HI-Vet-s-Letter-To-Obama-Stirs-Internet/-/8906042/5376994/-/rmiwdo/-/index.html

but as i know, all words are still stand today too, and really actual yet

i like these senteces:https://mail.google.com/mail/images/cleardot.gif

"One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of. "

serpa6
04-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Belive it or not US stand up guys are still around but there a fewer and fewer around We belive in our country and its people A lesson long forgotton in this day and age
Thanks for that letter eagle every single word of it is true We have a president that never served and if he would have i bet he would be different in his ways all he is a no balls president that cant stand up to anyone or anything I feel the same as this man who wrote the letter I live day by day and i try to raise my kids to have the nerve to stand up in what they belive in and teach them the ways of the old school to have balls and would not want to leave this earth knowing that my CIC is a pussy out right I would want a president that has balls and stands by his people and makes good policy in this great country Not other countries fuck those countries because in the end when all is said and done who will be left I sure hope its The United States of America

wormhole
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
This proves a point that most doctors believe – very few get past the age of 85 without dementia.

Total complete utter bullshit for the unsophisticated.

eaglethebeagle
04-09-2012, 01:12 PM
This proves a point that most doctors believe – very few get past the age of 85 without dementia.

Hey nothing like insulting an American service hero on Apacheclips you dumb fuck. I cant wait to see the response to this.

Stark
04-09-2012, 01:56 PM

Show some more respect to war heroes, any war heroes - shouldn't be too hard to follow.

Next time I give you some time to think about it.

Thanks for understanding

wormhole
04-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Show some more respect to war heroes, any war heroes - shouldn't be too hard to follow.

Next time I give you some time to think about it.

Thanks for understanding

Yes Sir but – General of the Army Barack Obama, six stars, is Commander and Chief of US armed forces, who is insulting whom with those falsehoods?

brightgoo
04-09-2012, 02:02 PM

um-um-um

Stark
04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes Sir but – General of the Army Barack Obama, six stars, is Commander and Chief of US armed forces, who is insulting whom with those falsehoods?

Look makes no difference to me if he is right or wrong, I'm not a hardcore republican and Obama hater since I'm a Eurofag ;)

But I do still think wrong or right he should be respected - even if he probably killed a lot of my country men ;)

brightgoo
04-09-2012, 02:06 PM

darrr - ok, since you say so. What falsehoods little dick? Be more specific tiny. You man-lickers get on my fucking nerves.

wormhole
04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Despicable Lie #1: "We're no longer a Christian nation."
Sure enough, Obama said exactly those words in 2006 at Sojourners magazine's "Call to Renewal" conference in Washington, D.C. But that wasn't the whole sentence.

Here's the statement in context:

Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation — at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.

The awkward phrase "at least, not just" was a verbal flub. As written, the passage was supposed to go:

"Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."

It's clear from the context that Obama was speaking of the religious demographics of the country, not, contrary to what some people seem to believe (or want others to believe), proclaiming an abandonment of Christian values.

wormhole
04-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Despicable Lie #2: "America is arrogant."
This appears to have been paraphrased, out of context, from a speech Obama delivered to European students in Strasbourg, France on April 4, 2009:

It's always harder to forge true partnerships and sturdy alliances than to act alone, or to wait for the action of somebody else. It's more difficult to break down walls of division than to simply allow our differences to build and our resentments to fester. So we must be honest with ourselves. In recent years we've allowed our Alliance to drift. I know that there have been honest disagreements over policy, but we also know that there's something more that has crept into our relationship. In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.
But in Europe, there is an anti-Americanism that is at once casual but can also be insidious. Instead of recognizing the good that America so often does in the world, there have been times where Europeans choose to blame America for much of what's bad.

On both sides of the Atlantic, these attitudes have become all too common. They are not wise. They do not represent the truth. They threaten to widen the divide across the Atlantic and leave us both more isolated. They fail to acknowledge the fundamental truth that America cannot confront the challenges of this century alone, but that Europe cannot confront them without America.

wormhole
04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Despicable Lie #3: "America hasn't lived up to her ideals."
This appears to have been paraphrased, out of context, from Barack Obama's speech at Cairo University in Egypt, June 4, 2009:

And finally, just as America can never tolerate violence by extremists, we must never alter our principles. 9/11 was an enormous trauma to our country. The fear and anger that it provoked was understandable, but in some cases, it led us to act contrary to our ideals. We are taking concrete actions to change course. I have unequivocally prohibited the use of torture by the United States, and I have ordered the prison at Guantanamo Bay closed by early next year.
So America will defend itself respectful of the sovereignty of nations and the rule of law. And we will do so in partnership with Muslim communities which are also threatened. The sooner the extremists are isolated and unwelcome in Muslim communities, the sooner we will all be safer.

wormhole
04-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Bird-dog, I feel your pain – I have more education than your combined family all the way back to your great uncle Australopithecus rolling over rocks for dinner on the African Savanna.

Believe none of what you read or hear and only half of what your see!

brightgoo
04-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Is that all you have?

eaglethebeagle
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Bird-dog, I feel your pain – I have more education than your combined family all the way back to your great uncle Australopithecus rolling over rocks for dinner on the African Savanna.

LOL your so intelligent you choose to spend your time debating on internet forums. That is very rich. I guess when your so smart you have nothing better to do huh? You must have read all the books of the world already and there are no great mysteries waiting for you to solve them. I think I will start calling you Walter for Walter Pitts ok?

I love this shit..:lol:

Stark
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Despicable Lie #1: "We're no longer a Christian nation."
Sure enough, Obama said exactly those words in 2006 at Sojourners magazine's "Call to Renewal" conference in Washington, D.C. But that wasn't the whole sentence.

Here's the statement in context:

Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation — at least, not just. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers.

The awkward phrase "at least, not just" was a verbal flub. As written, the passage was supposed to go:

"Whatever we once were, we are no longer just a Christian nation. We are also a Jewish nation, a Muslim nation, a Buddhist nation, and a Hindu nation, and a nation of nonbelievers."

It's clear from the context that Obama was speaking of the religious demographics of the country, not, contrary to what some people seem to believe (or want others to believe), proclaiming an abandonment of Christian values.

I am fully aware that these things are always taken out of context and depending what news channel you watch you either get a full or half of the truth.
Its just the game politics is into - its all about control and they happened to be pretty good at it ;)

I mean anybody who is a bit of free thinker must feel a claim of anybody saying that Obama said "we are not a christian nation anymore" full stop as highly unlikely, simply by the fact that his staff would never let him say that, his staff is interested that he is keeping his job so they can keep their job.

The times were people went into politics to better the world are long long loooong gone

eaglethebeagle
04-09-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI&feature=related

To be an obama supporter must be 24/7 pure bliss.... oh the great ruler will provide for us all.....how is that free gas working?

Stark
04-09-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI&feature=related

To be an obama supporter must be 24/7 pure bliss.... oh the great ruler will provide for us all.....how is that free gas working?

:roleyes:

eaglethebeagle
04-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I dont know what it is like to be black and live in America or any other country for that matter. I just really dont understand why black people feel so good about him? He is half white is he not?

Stark
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
I dont know what it is like to be black and live in America or any other country for that matter. I just really dont understand why black people feel so good about him? He is half white is he not?

No he is white he just happened to be black

MadeInRu
04-10-2012, 02:48 AM
No he is white he just happened to be black

Hahahahahahahaahhaha Stark, if you were famous you would have went in history books with that quote roflmao hahahahahahah priceless!!!!

Mel
04-10-2012, 11:02 PM

http://i49.servimg.com/u/f49/15/29/25/80/39063610.jpg

BrendenF11
04-10-2012, 11:17 PM
I was looking for a way to reply to wormhole but couldn't find the right words. Perfect Mel.

eaglethebeagle
04-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Czech Republic Observer:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama Presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their President.”

eaglethebeagle
04-12-2012, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0WwC9OcOI&feature=related

From Nov 19th 2008

wormhole
04-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Czech Republic Observer:

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama Presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their President. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their President.”

Reported on the Glenn Beck show – not attributed to any Czech Republic source, probably made up by goofy Glenn. By in large, Europeans love President Obama. Always vet sources before quoting anyone.

Stark
04-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Reported on the Glenn Beck show – not attributed to any Czech Republic source, probably made up by goofy Glenn. By in large, Europeans love President Obama. Always vet sources before quoting anyone.

Europeans have been pacified since WW2 especially Germans trust me I am German I know it better than anybody else, I'm a fully grown man have a son and family, if I be showing my mother this here webpage (nigga talk for a change) she would be extremely disappointed with me "you cannot have a war mongering video webpage thats obzene and not right" kinda things.

Where am i going with all this?
Your statement that Europeans love obama is true in the sense that we here in Europe love peace time, we see war different than most Americans would see it, so we get very nervous when we see potential presidents that talk about Russia and communism as the natural enemy etc. thats war mongering stuff for us, so in regards to Obama he has his war which he inherit it from bush, but we all believe there is very little chance for obama to start another was with Iran, were other republicans speaking much more openly about airwars and bombings and such things.

gazzthompson
04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0WwC9OcOI&feature=related

From Nov 19th 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nZy75y2EZU

My point? your video is bullshit on numerous levels that i cant be assed to explain as you should know.

Stark, europeans dont love obama. Its just in our views obama is a central right wing moderate whistle the american right wing is batshit fucking insane. it gives us no option to like him considering his opposition.

wormhole
04-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Europeans have been pacified since WW2 especially Germans trust me I am German I know it better than anybody else, I'm a fully grown man have a son and family, if I be showing my mother this here webpage (nigga talk for a change) she would be extremely disappointed with me "you cannot have a war mongering video webpage thats obzene and not right" kinda things.

Where am i going with all this?
Your statement that Europeans love obama is true in the sense that we here in Europe love peace time, we see war different than most Americans would see it, so we get very nervous when we see potential presidents that talk about Russia and communism as the natural enemy etc. thats war mongering stuff for us, so in regards to Obama he has his war which he inherit it from bush, but we all believe there is very little chance for obama to start another was with Iran, were other republicans speaking much more openly about airwars and bombings and such things.

I am not sure but I surmise that many if not all of Apache’s pro-war American boys are Southern. They might be singing a different tune if the Civil War had just ended and they had experienced firsthand Sherman’s march to the sea.

Mel
04-12-2012, 08:51 PM
wormhole....With all your "intelligence",Do you not realize what type of web site your on?A lot of these guys have served their country and know of war and the inner workings.Your childish attempts at down talking and insults makes me think your nothing but a troll.It's getting harder to take you seriously when it seems like all you want to do is get a rise out of someone.

BrendenF11
04-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I would say I am pro-war, simply because it is the reality of the world that we live in and our fragile way of life is better protected by war to keep our interests safe on a strategic global scale. I do think the war in Afghanistan is worth it, every ounce of it until it is seen through. Iraq was handeled wrong in the beginning, it was a lie. The fact of the matter was and is that we were still there and we had to finish what we started, I didn't like going there I didn't want to go there. I was told to go there, I did go there I did the best damn job I could and tried every second of everyday to do the right thing and leave the country in, even if in only the smallest way, a better place than when I got there. The reality is that we were involved as soon as the first shot was fired, and whether or not you agree with the war it was our job to finish what we started. It isn't always the prettiest, but it the reality and the result from us just quitting and leaving over night would have been much worse.

That being said, my parents are old hippies. They vote virtually all democrat, and the more socialist the better, while I disagree with them on some issues of what they say it does not matter. I am from Minnesota, a renowned democratic state (remember humphrey?). Hell I vote democrat sometimes, I vote republican others, I also vote independent and green. A lot of my friends are democrats, a lot of my friends have called themselves communist/socialist, political differences aside we are still friends.

Religion, I consider myself roman catholic, hell it's on my dog tags, I do believe in god I do not believe in religion, I do drink though so I think I am a devote Catholic from what I've seen. My typical prayer time, or self cooling, is while im taking a shit. I do not believe in the bible in its whole, but I do believe that there are some great things that can be learned and applied to daily life from it. Hey maybe I am counting on something that isn't there, I don't know and neither do you, no need to knock others for what they believe (as a matter of fact that sounds like some taliban/al qaeda mentality, to attack others that have their own set of beliefs). You wanna know how you know if there is something left after death? You die, that's why no one knows, and no matter how hard you believe in something there is no point in forcing your opinions down on someone else or mocking them for their simply because you don't agree (and yes that goes both ways.)

Now tell me a little about yourself, you have done nothing but poke and prod others here simply because they hold a different view than you do. You insult their beliefs, their every opinion. Tell me know, ohh educated one, how is education aquired? Is debate and friendly discussion not the key to intellectual developement? Is resorting to deliberate insult not a way of the weak mind? Please enlighten me.

gazzthompson
04-13-2012, 04:09 AM
Awesome post BrendenF11.

Regarding Obama, contrary to what some people think I'm not an Obama supporter. I would vote for him simply because I would believe it to be the lesser of two evils. But having said that, party politics and personal preference aside (if that's possible ?) Do the Americans here think romney can win? Will people vote for him? Will he win the independents and unsure voters?

wormhole
04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
wormhole....With all your "intelligence",Do you not realize what type of web site your on?A lot of these guys have served their country and know of war and the inner workings.Your childish attempts at down talking and insults makes me think your nothing but a troll.It's getting harder to take you seriously when it seems like all you want to do is get a rise out of someone.

You are missing the point and my comment was linked specially to Stark’s.
Are you equating serving in America’s military as an equal war experience to the Germans? Picture this, your country utterly destroyed and devastated, 4 million military dead and the civilians – hundreds of thousands of women and children burned alive in large cities that no longer exist, the survivors are zombies walking around starving and brutal raping communists have taken over half the country.

America has nothing analogous excepting the Civil War. That experience would pacify even Bird-Dog! Do you want to exist in a bubble where only opinions that don’t contradict with yours get in?

eaglethebeagle
04-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I want to live in a world where someone has no time to troll web forums....

eaglethebeagle
04-13-2012, 12:26 PM
You are missing the point and my comment was linked specially to Stark’s.
Are you equating serving in America’s military as an equal war experience to the Germans? Picture this, your country utterly destroyed and devastated, 4 million military dead and the civilians – hundreds of thousands of women and children burned alive in large cities that no longer exist, the survivors are zombies walking around starving and brutal raping communists have taken over half the country.

America has nothing analogous excepting the Civil War. That experience would pacify even Bird-Dog! Do you want to exist in a bubble where only opinions that don’t contradict with yours get in?

LOL, I actually want you to stick around wormhole you have been such a fun whipping boy.:fu:

wormhole
04-13-2012, 12:58 PM
I want to live in a world where someone has no time to troll web forums....

You want to live in a world where paranoid control freaks never have to deal with people smarter than they are and where vintage Chevy pick-ups are available at good prices with gun racks as standard equipment.

eaglethebeagle
04-13-2012, 02:00 PM
You really have an inferiority complex don't you wormhole? Your mom didn't hug you enough when you were little did she? You didn't have a dad (likely bailed on you and your mom) so you obsess with taking out your pent up frustrations on other men online. Then when we respond to you in the predetermined negative way it reinforces your negativity.

You are a sad case I am truly feeling for you.:(

BrendenF11
04-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Come on now wormhole, tell us something about yourself. Please show me how you are so smart, and that your opinions are so much better and so much more enlightened than anyone elses here. I do not mind a lot of what you say, I do mind how you say it. I think that your obvious lack of reply to my post surely shows how wrong you are. I think that you do not want to live in a real world, you want to live in a fictional utopian socienty which does not exist ( asside from living in the dreams of Mao, Stalin and Hitler as they linger in purgatory). What would be your solution to America's problems? Rid America of all those who live under the level of an IQ of 120? Would that solve the situation, afterall you seem to hold your intelligence in quite high regards.

eaglethebeagle
04-13-2012, 09:10 PM
wormhole is a fan of eugenics and would prefer communism than a Republic. He is lonely and has no friends or family so he takes to the internet for his companionship.

Mel
04-13-2012, 09:42 PM
I am not sure but I surmise that many if not all of Apache’s pro-war American boys are Southern.
You can post all the facts that you like.I'm as open minded as most,but it's blatantly clear you are singling out the folks that you think you can get a rise out of.
I never said I didn't want to hear your opinions,It's just that I would rather hear them with out the snipes and digs you try to (I guess in your mind) cleverly hide in your statements.
And one more thing.What would make you think all the pro war people in the States are from the south?Mid westerners be like'en them some war too.

eaglethebeagle
04-13-2012, 10:22 PM
This wormholes is just plain dumb like a room full of liberals. He is trolling and baiting. He is doing it daily and so with his vast intellect is wasting time he could be solving the mystery of time travel. Really wormhole go invent us a time travel device so we can go back in time and stop all the madness that has happened in the world. You can do it if you really try. I believe in you wormhole you are such a smart boy. Now go on and invent us the time travel device. We will all be here waiting for the grand news when you have succeeded.:thumbsup:

wormhole
04-13-2012, 10:48 PM
I would say I am pro-war, simply because it is the reality of the world that we live in and our fragile way of life is better protected by war to keep our interests safe on a strategic global scale. I do think the war in Afghanistan is worth it, every ounce of it until it is seen through. Iraq was handeled wrong in the beginning, it was a lie. The fact of the matter was and is that we were still there and we had to finish what we started, I didn't like going there I didn't want to go there. I was told to go there, I did go there I did the best damn job I could and tried every second of everyday to do the right thing and leave the country in, even if in only the smallest way, a better place than when I got there. The reality is that we were involved as soon as the first shot was fired, and whether or not you agree with the war it was our job to finish what we started. It isn't always the prettiest, but it the reality and the result from us just quitting and leaving over night would have been much worse.

That being said, my parents are old hippies. They vote virtually all democrat, and the more socialist the better, while I disagree with them on some issues of what they say it does not matter. I am from Minnesota, a renowned democratic state (remember humphrey?). Hell I vote democrat sometimes, I vote republican others, I also vote independent and green. A lot of my friends are democrats, a lot of my friends have called themselves communist/socialist, political differences aside we are still friends.

Religion, I consider myself roman catholic, hell it's on my dog tags, I do believe in god I do not believe in religion, I do drink though so I think I am a devote Catholic from what I've seen. My typical prayer time, or self cooling, is while im taking a shit. I do not believe in the bible in its whole, but I do believe that there are some great things that can be learned and applied to daily life from it. Hey maybe I am counting on something that isn't there, I don't know and neither do you, no need to knock others for what they believe (as a matter of fact that sounds like some taliban/al qaeda mentality, to attack others that have their own set of beliefs). You wanna know how you know if there is something left after death? You die, that's why no one knows, and no matter how hard you believe in something there is no point in forcing your opinions down on someone else or mocking them for their simply because you don't agree (and yes that goes both ways.)

Now tell me a little about yourself, you have done nothing but poke and prod others here simply because they hold a different view than you do. You insult their beliefs, their every opinion. Tell me know, ohh educated one, how is education aquired? Is debate and friendly discussion not the key to intellectual developement? Is resorting to deliberate insult not a way of the weak mind? Please enlighten me.

I didn’t know you had directed your post towards me and I didn’t read it completely.

Okay, you appear to be a young soldier with the follies of youth- to put it bluntly.

Whining complaints are nothing more than an effort to stop the conversation and curtail freedom of speech and keep unpopular or dangerous ideas suppressed.

Islamaphobia, troll, hate speech, racist, God hater, Bait “BAIT” and more nasty baiting! etc.

My right to mock religion automatically prevails, by an order of magnitude, over your right to be offended, insulted or have hurt feelings – as long as the real God here, the German one permits!

To say my debate here is what Al Qeada and the Taliban does is absurd – that is the vanishing point beyond which rational discourse proves impossible.

KGCNC
04-13-2012, 11:19 PM
I would by that old-timer dinner.

nastyleg
04-14-2012, 02:06 AM
Ok I am officially calling for some cool down time, gentlemen, 1st amendment rights are a mother Fucker but let's limit the verbal war. I urge you guys to PM each other to come to an agreement on where the line is.

ErisKillton
04-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Good suggestion Nastyleg. Thank you again.

Let that serve as a warning.

Clodius
04-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Ok I am officially calling for some cool down time, gentlemen, 1st amendment rights are a mother Fucker but let's limit the verbal war. I urge you guys to PM each other to come to an agreement on where the line is.
No no no...I love watching someone trying to have a rational conversation with a bunch of Eric Rudolf fans...

Sixx
04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
No no no...I love watching someone trying to have a rational conversation with a bunch of Eric Rudolf fans...

Who is speaking rational?
I don't see it

lol :)

All I see is attempts to bait Stark, Eagle, and AC's service members/vets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1KAgrYUGA

eaglethebeagle
06-25-2012, 11:29 PM
In case the hardcore obama sheep didnt feel completely stupid already still going on trying to defend his waste of 4 years in the White House here is good ol Jimmy Carter coming down on him. You know shit is bad when a complete waste of shit president like carter talks down to you.

Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread Abuse of Human Rights'
By Amy Bingham | ABC News – 10 hrs ago
Email
Print
RELATED CONTENT

Jimmy Carter Accuses U.S. of 'Widespread …
A former U.S. president is accusing the current president of sanctioning the "widespread abuse of human rights" by authorizing drone strikes to kill suspected terrorists.
Jimmy Carter, America's 39 th president, denounced the Obama administration for "clearly violating" 10 of the 30 articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, writing in a New York Times op-ed on Monday that the "United States is abandoning its role as the global champion of human rights."
"Instead of making the world safer, America's violation of international human rights abets our enemies and alienates our friends," Carter wrote.
While the total number of attacks from unmanned aircraft, or drones, and the resulting casualties are murky, the New America Foundation estimates that in Pakistan alone 265 drone strikes have been executed since January 2009 . Those strikes have killed at least 1,488 people, at least 1,343 of them considered militants, the foundation estimates based on news reports and other sources.
In addition to the drone strikes, Carter criticized the current president for keeping the Guantanamo Bay detention center open, where prisoners "have been tortured by waterboarding more than 100 times or intimidated with semiautomatic weapons, power drills or threats to sexually assault their mothers."
The former president blasted the government for allowing "unprecedented violations of our rights to privacy through warrantless wiretapping and government mining of our electronic communications."
Want more off-the-cuff politics? Check out OTUS on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @OTUSNews.
He also condemned recent legislation that gives the president the power to detain suspected terrorists indefinitely, although a federal judge blocked the law from taking effect for any suspects not affiliated with the September 11 terrorist attacks.
"This law violates the right to freedom of expression and to be presumed innocent until proved guilty, two other rights enshrined in the declaration," Carter said.
While Carter never mentioned Obama by name, he called out "our government" and "the highest authorities in Washington," and urged "concerned citizens" to "persuade Washington to reverse course and regain moral leadership."

gazzthompson
06-26-2012, 04:14 AM
I thought you supported drone strikes eagle? Or do you not want to kill terrorists?

eaglethebeagle
06-26-2012, 09:31 AM
I thought you supported drone strikes eagle? Or do you not want to kill terrorists?

LOL gazz dont ignore the point of the story.... Why are former democrat presidents clinton and now carter bashing on obama? Wouldnt it be in the democratic best interest to support obama or to keep their negative opinions to themselves? Please enlighten me on what strategic advantage this is for getting obama reelected? LOL